Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 20v Kw reading???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
20v Kw reading??? Sun, 09 October 2005 13:38 Go to next message
does anybody know how many kw at the wheels a stock standard 20v wid a pod filter and cat back exhaust produce?
thanks....
  Send a private message to this user    
SR20 trueno
Regular

July 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Sun, 09 October 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80-90rwkw is about par for the course i think
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Sun, 09 October 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine dynoed on the weekend.
got 76kw at front wheels.

i saw another with ecu, toda cams, and some other mods produce 87kw at front wheels.
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Sun, 09 October 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm well i got mine dynoed produced close to 70kw atw running standard unleaded and standard ignition timing does that sound bout rite???
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Sun, 09 October 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds right.
i have a 2.25" full exhaust, a bmc panel filter and running optimax. so i would say thats about right.

dont b disapointed thought. i seen a skyline gts which got 75kw at the wheels LOL!

BTW dont get a cat back exhaust for a NA car. cat back exhaust only benefit cars with turbo. and stay away from the canon too.

what you want to do is the opposite of a cat back, where u make the front half of the pipe big, then make it smaller at the back.
this is so as the gases cool down and get more dense (there fore take up less space) you need to make the pipe smaller other wise it will create a vaccum. this will make you exhausts flow worse and increase back pressure, and you will loose torque, untill u are in the high revs.
if you want real life example look at the motocross bikes. they have a 3" pipe that shrinks down to a 0.75" in about 1.5 feet(rough numbers). the reason they do this is cos they need to use theyre full rev range, not only high revs like moto gp.
this is called a tuned exhaust.

i was told to go for 2.75" for about 3 inches, then 2.5" to cat, then 2.25" for the rest. but my exhuiast guy had no 2.5" pipe, so i settled for a 2.25" pipe all the way, might change it to see if the theory is right.
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my exhuast does sound great at all rev ranges , i have the factory exractors , then a brand shpanking new cat not too sure what type it is , then 2.25" the rest of the way wid a over grown cannon cumming of the back~!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAA.80E wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 10:15

well my exhuast does sound great at all rev ranges , i have the factory exractors , then a brand shpanking new cat not too sure what type it is , then 2.25" the rest of the way wid a over grown cannon cumming of the back~!

its the big cannon hold your exhaust back.the rest of the exhaust is laughing at the cannon to hard and not doing its work properly. just kidding

70-80 is right on the money for stock motor.depends on the dyno etc.but its about right.

mick

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 09:26

sounds right.
i have a 2.25" full exhaust, a bmc panel filter and running optimax. so i would say thats about right.

dont b disapointed thought. i seen a skyline gts which got 75kw at the wheels LOL!

BTW dont get a cat back exhaust for a NA car. cat back exhaust only benefit cars with turbo. and stay away from the canon too.

what you want to do is the opposite of a cat back, where u make the front half of the pipe big, then make it smaller at the back.
this is so as the gases cool down and get more dense (there fore take up less space) you need to make the pipe smaller other wise it will create a vaccum. this will make you exhausts flow worse and increase back pressure, and you will loose torque, untill u are in the high revs.
if you want real life example look at the motocross bikes. they have a 3" pipe that shrinks down to a 0.75" in about 1.5 feet(rough numbers). the reason they do this is cos they need to use theyre full rev range, not only high revs like moto gp.

i was told to go for 2.75" for about 3 inches, then 2.5" to cat, then 2.25" for the rest. but my exhuiast guy had no 2.5" pipe, so i settled for a 2.25" pipe all the way, might change it to see if the theory is right.

i dont see a reason for making hte pipe smaller.... after the front muffler you can make it as big as you want.. its all down to sound levels after that...

the bike syou talk about are all 2 stroke, they need to do that to tune the powerband, on all 4 stroke bikes it jsu tlike a car.. tuned headers and as flowing as possible to the tip.
ae86 slide
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20v sprinter, did 73kw at the wheels with pod, tuned length extractors into 2 1/4 exhaust
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are all silvertops you're talking about isn't it? anyone have any blacktop dyno numbers?
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine with exhaust, microtech and trumpets made 90 rwkw's
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very intresting, cause when i got it dynoed i was over the moonn to see what these things really produce then wen i got the print out of close to 65km atw i was like what the hell is this crap!!! 20v silvertop for nothing!!! my 16v will tare it apart! only in bottom end i think, personely i fink 20vs/t on bottom end are a bit on the doggish side wich really upsets me cause if i were to line sum1 up on a street light theyl get me cause take off is crucial in a drag. and take off is what my 20v doesnt have , top end though ...... it frukken TEARSS.........
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAA.80E wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 13:17

very intresting, cause when i got it dynoed i was over the moonn to see what these things really produce then wen i got the print out of close to 65km atw i was like what the hell is this crap!!! 20v silvertop for nothing!!! my 16v will tare it apart! only in bottom end i think, personely i fink 20vs/t on bottom end are a bit on the doggish side wich really upsets me cause if i were to line sum1 up on a street light theyl get me cause take off is crucial in a drag. and take off is what my 20v doesnt have , top end though ...... it frukken TEARSS.........

dude, wtf are u whining about??
i cant understant.
do u have a 20v, or 16v?

if you do have a 20v you mustof got stooged with a thrashed engine. i can get mine to chirp into 3rd on a perfect shift!

in regards to street drags u need to wind it up abit b4 dropping the clutch, it wont b beaten by a 16v in any situation.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it7s well known that with a microtech, you get consistently 10-20kw more than any other dyno Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 06:04]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

in regards to street drags u need to wind it up abit b4 dropping the clutch, it wont b beaten by a 16v in any situation.

I like stories Very Happy

Quote:

i can get mine to chirp into 3rd on a perfect shift!

I can make an AE82 with a 4AC chirp into 3rd, all it says is that I can abuse fark out of a car Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Some real pearls of wisdom in that lot kids, I hope everyone takes note and acts upon this intahnet advice Wink

LAA.80E, mate have a look through the old Toymods dyno day results, see what people have made with their 20V and if any look interesting or you want info just flick them a PM and ask, most people are more than happy to chat.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 15:27

i cant understant.
do u have a 20v, or 16v?

if you do have a 20v you mustof got stooged with a thrashed engine. i can get mine to chirp into 3rd on a perfect shift!

sorry if that came off abit harsh. didnt relise how it would sound to the reader.

dynos are not very accurate, and one on dyno you could get 90kw atw, same day on another dyno you could get 50kw atw. so i wouldnt go by that.
i was also abit down when i got my print out, but then i thought "i have the power to weight ratio of a magna v6"(125kw atw), how can i be diapointed with that? it has to power to go in and out of trafic at a rapid pace and thats all i wanted it for. so i kained it all the way home, got home and it was sitting there purring away with no problem. thats all you can ask for.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 16:05

illuminatus wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 15:27

i cant understant.
do u have a 20v, or 16v?

sorry if that came off abit harsh. didnt relise how it would sound to the reader.

dynos are not very accurate, and one on dyno you could get 90kw atw, same day on another dyno you could get 50kw atw. so i wouldnt go by that.
i was also abit down when i got my print out, but then i thought "i have the power to weight ratio of a magna v6"(125kw atw), how can i be diapointed with that? it has to power to go in and out of trafic at a rapid pace and thats all i wanted it for. so i kained it all the way home, got home and it was sitting there purring away with no problem. thats all you can ask for.

what kind of manga makes 126wkw (well maybe the new vrx) but meh, not to many of them aroun dhere Smile and the rollas cheaper! Razz the normal 3.5 makes a mid 90wkw and the old vrx 3.5 made mid 100wkw i htink
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This always concerns me - even my 20 year old, never opened, always abused 4AG makes over 70 every time it sees a dyno, and then a silvertop will get on the same dyno and make no more power - even with fulsik filter, sewer pipe exhaust and other ugly bits.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yours must be full JDM spec.. yo... asp... Shocked
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bro i really dont know, i got both 16 and a 20v but the engine has done 85000km on it cause i bought the front cut from a close mate of mine, but a problem i had was it was ideling at 1500rpm then i checked out everything i can and found out that there was no power going to the electronic idler motor so i gave up afta 3 days of frukking around so i decided to open the screw on the afm almost all the way open wich brought the idle down , then it was okay on fuel wasnt running rich at all, but wen i put it on the dyno bloke said once hes in 3rd gear and cruising it , it runs lean very lean then he said once hes got on full throttle in fourth gear he then said its running rich very rich so i cant understand what the fuk was going on!!!!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 00:02

yours must be full JDM spec.. yo... asp... Shocked

sure it's JDM - Just Damned Mistreated
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Mon, 10 October 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAA.80E wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 00:06

bro i really dont know, i got both 16 and a 20v but the engine has done 85000km on it cause i bought the front cut from a close mate of mine, but a problem i had was it was ideling at 1500rpm then i checked out everything i can and found out that there was no power going to the electronic idler motor so i gave up afta 3 days of frukking around so i decided to open the screw on the afm almost all the way open wich brought the idle down , then it was okay on fuel wasnt running rich at all, but wen i put it on the dyno bloke said once hes in 3rd gear and cruising it , it runs lean very lean then he said once hes got on full throttle in fourth gear he then said its running rich very rich so i cant understand what the fuk was going on!!!!

i am also having some probs with mine.
its very strange, but when im cruising at about 3-3.5k it seems like its too rich/lean and starts to lag abit, then all of a sudden its like ive got my foot all the way to the floor and it starts kaining. its pissing me off.
the reason im not sure wether its rich or lean, is cos it feels rich(it sort of spurts as if too much petrol was going in), but the spart plugs are v clean.
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: 20v Kw reading??? Tue, 11 October 2005 01:06 Go to previous message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 15:05

it7s well known that with a microtech, you get consistently 10-20kw more than any other dyno Wink

or it could be because you can tune the excessive richness out and gain some power

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH thats deep isnt it...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Idle-up VSV?
Next Topic:ecu advice for 1j
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:13:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075619220733643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.