Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
group buy for lambo door kit Tue, 04 October 2005 17:14 Go to next message
hi everyone,
trying to organise group buy for universal vertical door kit or also known as lambo door kit.

need at least 10 ppl to make it happen and the price is around $800.
Still trying to work something cheaper and if successful bout $50 off that.
the manufactures also make for specific model and they are as far as toyota are concern
COROLLA '93~'04
CELICA '94 ~ '99
CELICA '00 ~ '04
SUPRA '93 ~ '02
MR-2 '91~'99
MR-2 '00~'04
MR-S '00~'04

Just want to know if there is enough interest before i spend more time in this
regards
mo
  Send a private message to this user    
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 05 October 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What brand are they!??!

Do you have any specs for a website or anything!!??!!?
Pics?!?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 05 October 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man u gotta check that price it seems too steep for a pair of hinges and some nuts and bolts with a pair of gas lifters (bonnet/hatchback struts.) while im at it might as well see if they are gas assisted or opening as in trhe hydraulics take over rather than have the driver/passenger lift the door all the way , im interested in it but the price looks too expensive and also are they legal if ur around knox area forget it the will asre pare you as soon as they see it
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 05 October 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive seen items like these around the $950 mark, gas assisted. The hinges are quite robust on these, and the gas struts are way stronger than anything you would have a bonnet or hatch on. If your gonna make a comment like that indian, do some market research first plz. I would be interested to know how easy these kits are to fit to an RA28 celica. The legal side of things is of interest... but generally if a lambo can have them, so can anything else, as long as everything is deemed strong enough by an automotive engineer.

Cheers, Owen
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 05 October 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Owen,
i have contacted numerous manufacturers and this is the best price i could find. it includes tax and shipping to australia. Infact that was one for sale for $1699 on ebay and some company was selling them for $1599 (saw that on a magazine).
the brand is GT3 motor sport and its a manufactured from Taiwan. found one from us and they want $990USD

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15481

i'll try to get some pics of the product itself. there are plenty of them online from other companies that look exactly alike

Attachment: 1.JPG
(Size: 63.70KB, Downloaded 692 time(s))

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 05 October 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys didn’t mean to spoil ur hopes but it just sounded too expensive and ive seen cheaper I swear unless they gone up since the last time I checked , ive been interested in doing this thing for a while now but just wondering about the legal side of things , also take note there’s a couple of different kinds of kits(not to mention the gas assisted ones firstly) , which have the doors open in different ways the 300zx in the pic is one kind where the doors open up and to an angle, then thers ones that open vertically only and im sure ive seen some more that open to an even more angle than the 300zx so take that into consideration when looking for them would be ideal to get the full on vertical one
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Thu, 06 October 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
im sure bout the price issue cost i cant seem to find nething better. i did however get an improvement on the price and got it down another $20, good for some and not so good for others. and this is for the gt3 sports brand.

i also found another manufacturer that has kits that are able to do 90 degrees and claims to have one of the strongest hinges in the market. they want $800

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15500

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15501

i cant seem to find nething cheaper then this, and this are from the manufacturers themself. the price can easily go down to 700 plus but that is bulk buy over 25 units.
give me some feedback. if no one is interested, i wont bother pursuing the case

Attachment: Universal_Vertical_Car_Door_Conversion_Kits___Lambo_Doors.jpg
(Size: 67.44KB, Downloaded 635 time(s))
Attachment: Vertical_Lambo_Car_Door_Conversion_Kit.jpg
(Size: 23.12KB, Downloaded 618 time(s))

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Thu, 06 October 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offence buddy but that’s outta my league atm don’t have enuf money so im out

But the kits u have pictured are the ones I was talking about
Gforce Bodykits
Occasional Poster

Forum Sponsor

July 2005
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Fri, 07 October 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pic u got above is the UNIVERSAL TYPE.

i heard thats its a pain to put these universal ones on.

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Fri, 07 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Taiwan manufacturer has the direct bolt on ( list of cars on the first post) and the universal. I was told that the universal kit is quite simple to install, might require some modification (drilling or something). Cant imagine it to be too difficult especially when ppl are able to perform transplant and other major modification.

neways, just need feedback from ppl that are interested

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 04:35]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Fri, 07 October 2005 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people dont seem to grasp the concept of utilising their own common sense at all.

the reason the doors swing out, then up is so that you can retain the stock latch mechanism.

in order for the doors to swing straight up, you will need to change alot more than hinges, and this will result in extensive cutting/welding of the chassis to get it to work.

i dont think it looks all that bad.

Eldar.O.
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 09 October 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude you know i'm in... What a waste of space from that tight ass indian! $800 is a good price! I just want to be guaranteed that they'll fit my 1977 RA28 Celica, cause if they don't, i'll some explaining to do to my mum about why the BMW Z4 now has Lambo doors... lol

2 down, only need another 8!

Come on guys!

Michael
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 09 October 2005 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, reminds of Russel peters comment bout indians. Laughing

common guys, i know u want it

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 09 October 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be after some next year. Ill be wanting 2 sets when i do tho, 1 set for my RA40 ute, and the other for my RA28. Need to get the cars first tho, and that means i need a job Very Happy If your doing another group buy sometime next year, put me down for 2 sets, but unfortunately finances counts me out this time round.

Cheers, Owen
teamgroundzero
Regular

August 2005
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 09 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate will they fit a nissan 300zx? if so i will buy 1 pair rite now, thanks mate
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 10 October 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are universal, they are meant to fit any car and worst case scenario, slight modification and defined by the manufacturer as "drilling holes"
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 10 October 2005 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do i hear a yes from teamgroundzero.
so
mkal6 - 1
mcostalos -1
hotmr2 - 1

7 more
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 16 October 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
total number interested
mcostalos=2
mkal6=1
hotmr2=1
total =4
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 30 October 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These universal kits are nothing but trouble usually requiring drilling and welding but when you consider that a direct bolt on kit for a specific model go's for around $1600 then you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. Also some models of cars require the front guards to be modified so the doors clear them on the way up. For more info go to www.xracing.com.au
They arn't a legal issue as long as they close properly.
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 30 October 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome... I will purchase but I need to be guaranteed that there not cheap crap and that no major structural changes need to be made. I will be wanting to install onto a JZA80 Supra. Is the mentioned pricing for the out then up hinges or just the 90 degree hinges? I will after the out then up hinges.
Apophis
Occasional Poster

January 2004

Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 31 October 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will it fit a AE92 Levin 2 door coupe?
the door is too damn long, would be nice if it opens upwards. But I dont want to butcher up the door, if i stuff up i wont be able to find another door.
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 31 October 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the worst case scenario i have noticed is slight cutting of the inside fender to allow the door to swing.

this product is CNC made.
i have attached installation instruction so you can decide for yourself how difficult the installation is.

also the pic show below is the actuall product that you will be receiving.
the price is
$800 which includes tax, shipping and all the other stuff.
we have so far 4 ppl including me. the minimum order was 10 but if we cant get that number im sure i could talk them into sending less then that
regards
mo

i cant seem to attach the instructions cause the file is too big (400kb), any ideas how i could do this

[Updated on: Mon, 07 November 2005 21:31]

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 31 October 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, so to asnwer the question

celicaboy_2000- it is not a cheap product and no structural changes need to be made. it is also the product that makes your doors come out abit then swing up(like most lambo door kits)

apophis- it will fit your car
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 02 November 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkal6, could you email me the picture of the kit and also the installation instructions to. celicaboy_2000@yahoo.com.au

Also when were you thinking about ordering the kits in?
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Thu, 03 November 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have sent the attachement.
i will order as soon as i get the numbers finalized. it takes 2-3 days for it to arrive to australia after ordering.
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 06 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about on RA28?????

no modefying needed is that what your saying?????

so it comes out first then push it up????

what about closing it back......do you have to line it up?????

my friend had his put on for 2G but the part near the hinges rubs everytime u open the door now that part of the door has worn out......thats on a R33

anyways

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Sun, 06 November 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what im saying is that the worst case scenario is that the inside fender might need to be rolled. i got some pic and installation manual but its too big to be attched here. i could send it if u need it.
and yes the coming down procedure is just the reverse. u would bring it down then close it
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 07 November 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the installation is listed in this website
http://www.redrumcustoms.com/vertical_lambo_door_k it_insta.cfm

the installation method is the same for our kit
NeoNasty
Regular

August 2002
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Mon, 07 November 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about for an ST162 Celica? 1986 Model.

I would love a set of these, but I am not willing to buy a universal kit.

-Shaun
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Tue, 08 November 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah... would look interesting on an 1985 soarer... Also my doors are massive and have already needed to have the hinges reset because it weighs soo much, what sort of weight can these things take? i don't understand the whole "making tape you door to the windshield" as i doubt that would hold

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 09:22]

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Tue, 08 November 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr- the tape is to make sure ur doors are aligned up. in other words, the alignment before hinges and after lambo kit will not and should not change ur door alignment. the tape is used for marking.

neonasty- they do have specific car kits but you cant get them for this price. so for this price your best shoot is universal
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Tue, 08 November 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so who's truly interested
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 09 November 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got a reply back from manufacturer, the gas struts can handle 160Kg
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: group buy for lambo door kit Wed, 09 November 2005 12:17 Go to previous message
im not interested anymore

i'll wait till someone puts in on an RA28 first to be safe.....lolz

thanx for the info anyway
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 TRD CHIN SPOILERS!!!!
Next Topic:Riceburnas big cleanout!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:41:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007274866104126 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.