Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Test n tunes?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Test n tunes? Mon, 10 October 2005 02:16 Go to next message
Anyone planning to go to any test n tunes in the near future?

I'm thinking of going to the one on this Wednesday.

I just wanna see what my car does on the quarter now.
  Send a private message to this user    
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Test n tunes? Mon, 10 October 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinking of going to mercury motorsport for a dyno tune and then having track day on the 3rd dec. but that's about it.

Crok.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Wed, 12 October 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am always keen for the drags but I am not going until I have my gear ratios sorted as topping out at 105mph sucks.
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made it there last night, and surprisingly there was hardly any cars there at all compared to other times I'd been there. They were mostly V8 Holdens and Fords, but there were a couple of skylines and one JZA80

As soon as finishing a run and coming back to line up again, I only had to wait for one or two cars in front to do their run!!
So, I got five runs in pretty quickly.

My first ever runs with the blacktop 20v:
1: 15.3 (bogged down)
2: 15.2 (bogged a bit less)
3: 15.1
4: 15.078 @ 146kmh (removed spare wheel and jack)
5: 15.077 @ 147kmh

I'm stoked, I've been hoping for 14s eventually but I didn't think I'd be that close already Very Happy

My clutch was actually slipping on take off, instead of wheel spin - I think there was a fair bit of traction.

Its meant to be a really sticky surface there is it?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is very sticky. If you get wheelspin you should drop the tyre pressure a little.

That is very good for your first go. My first go netted a 17.3@98 Razz Since then I have one more go and ran 13.7@103 backing off.

What were your 60ft times?
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have my slips with me, but off the top of my head I think the 60ft were 2.1 something. Is that usually an indication of getting off the mark?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it basically determines your ET as your trap speed should be relatively consistent.

BTW 2.1 is pretty good.

eg. my best is 2.54 60ft on 13.76 run. Worst 60ft was about 2.7 and I ran 14.04 or something. Similar MPH's so at around 103.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i wish i read this earlier. I was thinking about going there last night. since it was raining down the coast alot of people would have not gone (i have been there on a canceled night). I am actually hoping for a 13/14 and i think that isn't really crazy talk. And thanks chirs, i spun 1st and second to run a 17.705 back when it was NA, no one told me my pressures were to high, i just thought "sticky track my #ss"
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Thu, 13 October 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can you spin 1st and 2nd with a 1g-ge when I don't spin at all with a big single 1jz?! Razz
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: Test n tunes? Fri, 14 October 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 21:16

How can you spin 1st and 2nd with a 1g-ge when I don't spin at all with a big single 1jz?! Razz

Wow! you seriously don't get any wheelspin!?!?
Must be damn hard on the gearbox, don't 1JZs have ridiculous amounts of torque?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They make a fair amount yes. But mine isn't coming on boost until 4000rpm in 1st and I can only launch at 1800rpm because of stock stall converter so by the time I start to make power I am already doing a decent speed and it just never loses traction. Confused

Suppose I need more power! Evil or Very Mad
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Test n tunes? Sat, 15 October 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well pump you tires up to about 45 psi rev the shat out of the car and side step the clutch or, for the autos, rev it in neutral and shift to D. that awful noise is ok and no you didn't loose your gear thats just a burnout (note: your car will never come out of burnout mode....)

This post is a joke and i take no responsibility for anyone destroying there car after reading this.

Also i guess my car is just a power monster....he he
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Test n tunes? Sun, 16 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous message
I am not trying to spin the wheels! It is slower. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Christmas Eve cruise... Anyone interested?
Next Topic:Brisbane - Toyota Car Club Show-n-Shine - Sunday Sept 25 - PICS!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:33:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055599212646484 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.