Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rkirke
Occasional Poster

August 2005

Just moved down to Adelaide Mon, 10 October 2005 00:04 Go to next message
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I just moved down to Adealaide from the Gold Coast, and I thought I'd drop a quick post to see if I can't meet some similar-minded people down here.

I owned an '86 MR2 back up in Queensland, which I spent many weekends tinkering with. Sold that in order to move down here, and since then we've bought an 1984 MA-61 Supra, which is our current daily driver and a 1991 NX-R coupe which is in the shed at the moment awaiting a new engine. Ultimately I plan to turn the NX-R into our reliable daily driver and do a 1JZGTE conversion on the Supra to turn it into the tyre burning monster it should have been Smile

Needless to say, I'm not interested in any petty Toyota vs Nissan arguments - I could just as easily have bought an S12 for the boost mongrel project car and an AE92 Corolla for a daily driver, and yes I've posted this on both Toymods and the Pulsar Group forums Smile

Anyway, I've moved to Dernancourt (About 10km northeast of the city), work in microelectronics, enjoy BBQs, music, and not least of all pulling cars to bits and putting them back together, so give me a yell if you're from round here and want to come over for a beer some time and meet up.

Cheers,
Rob
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Just moved down to Adelaide Mon, 10 October 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rob,

another place to check would be http://www.toyotacarclub.net it's an Adelaide based car club for you guessed it Toyota's of all walks of life Smile

We're seperate from Toymods and have just obtained CAMS affiliation ... Drop by and say hello.

We're in the process of organising regular events / cruises / drift days etc etc....

Cheers...

Ben
RA23Mad
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Just moved down to Adelaide Mon, 10 October 2005 06:06 Go to previous message
Welcome to Adelaide,
Will be a nice change from the bustling Gold Coast and I hope you like things quiet.....coz...thats how it is around here!
anyhow......i live VERY near you, think...Paradise Interchange!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A big THANKS from Hayley
Next Topic:Hillclimb championships 1-2 October 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045709609985352 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.