Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FNK11Y
Regular

May 2002
Hit and Run Fri, 14 February 2003 16:58 Go to next message
i was on my way home from a date on valentines

I'm on parramatta road and suddenly i hear a huge bang and my car just swerved to the left....theres a trucks trailer right near my face.
for some reason he decided to give my lane a visit

i beeped and flashed my lights but the bastard sped up.. anyway i chased him for a few minutes but thought theres no point in-case he hit me again.i got his compliance plate number,
then pulled over to have a look at the damage

i don't know what its called but the front panel above the wheel, and the door is damaged and my mirror is bent up..
if i was driving a newer car it would have been totaled

cause i was shocked from seeing my baby damaged i forgot the last number in his number plate

have i got much luck?
I'm taking my car down to the cop shop tomorrow
I'm only on 3rd party
  Send a private message to this user    
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hit and Run Fri, 14 February 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark bad luck man..that happened to me once in a '93 celica..but i only got his trailer number (back license plate), what i needed was the front number plate. The insurance guys or whoever my dad called up (maybe police i think) said it's really hard to trace a trailer plate to an actual truck and driver, but the damage was hardly noticeable anyway.

Good luck man, get the ignorant fucker. But try your best to remember that last number plate number!
PayneyCelica18rg
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hit and Run Fri, 14 February 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, knowing the time, area etc will help, the numbers narrow it down, and if you can remember colours etc...
But like was mentioned, the trailer is usually registered to a company, and the truck is often registered to an owner driver who subcontracts to the haulage company and towes their trailers.... Thats why they always get done for overloading and bitch. Try to chase it up, you might get lucky.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like the front quarter panel.

Thats good to know actually, to get the plate on the actual truck itself. I never would have.

I guess it would pay to carry a pencil and paper at all times too. A pacer type pencil though so the lead wouldn't be broken. Pens tend to not work when you really need them. I'm not saying that you should have, and make it sound like a lecture, I'm just typing out a note for myself. Smile
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to here dude, hope you get him.
Another idea is to write it in to your mobile phone if you have one. Have done that before.
Always have pen and paper.
FNK11Y
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wasnt a semi, so the front and back plates would be the same

i just got back from the cop shop and the cop only gave me less than 1 minute of his time.
i had the 1st 5 letters and numbers of the plate in my phone and
i had 4 possible last numbers it may be. i told him i forgot cause the last cause i was shocked
he checked one and said sorry made its a bluebird
i told him if he can check the other three last numbers
and he sais mate theres 2 million trucks on the road
your gonna have to pay for the damage yourself

i think i may go back now
the truck driver cant get away with shit like that
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit he should check all the last numbers, thats only 10 check and surely you'll only find one truck in there.
FNK11Y
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went back to blacktown station and they didnt help me much again,
..said theres 'nothing they can do'.
while i was at blacktown station the cop checked the plate number [- - - .462]
and said it was a bluebird.
and i just got back from mt druit station, the cop checked that same plate number plus 3 more, next to one i saw him write blue ford laser
then next to [- - -.462] saw him write down mitsubishi white tabletop with an arrow pointing to it. Shocked
so that loser of a cop at blacktown was lying to me that it was a bluebird the asshole was just too lazy to do some work.
he just tapped a few keys so it seemed he was looking it up from where i was standing. Mad

at mt druitt they spent 45 mins with me as opposed to the 1.5 minutes in blacktown. and now it all looks like it will go well

2 visits to blacktown station, to calls to the head office= no help
1 visit to mt druitt station and all is well... phew
u wouldnt think so hey

if u need 2 see police go to mt druitt i talked to 3 of them and they are all really top people... even the females where making me laugh by cracking jokes

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hit and Run Sat, 15 February 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff man..so u got the details of the guy then?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hit and Run Sun, 16 February 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was more interested in the details of the female officers Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Hit and Run Tue, 18 February 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you get the name of the officer that didn't help you?

I'd make an official complaint.
PayneyCelica18rg
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hit and Run Tue, 18 February 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'de peroanlly be careful abouting filing official complaints, but keep us informed about the outcomes etc...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Hit and Run Thu, 20 February 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man Fnky that sucks Mad , hope you you nail the bastard!
FNK11Y
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hit and Run Tue, 25 February 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my computers been down for a while

if i didnt go to mount druitt station i reckon id be nearly bold by now! hehe....hmm i didnt get his details cause they have to hand the matter over to leichardt police or however u spell it,....i got told to give leichardt a call in a couple of weeks if i want to get the truck drivers details.. but then again this guy may say he didnt hit me ....and yeh i really thought about filing a complaint about the officer at blacktown but i got told by a few people it isnt a good idea especially if u live in that same suburb

oh and get this!! all the 4 cars that belong to my family have been damaged (for the 1st time) in the last 3 weeks

1) dads vs commodore, at coles- kids pushing trolleys downhill into parked cars

2)mums camry reversed into a pole that was too small to see from inside the car

3)my car as u know

4) my dads brand new van, happened yesterday on monday..
its 1st day on the road parked on the side of the road on a quite street and a ute driving past scrapes the whole side
too much "fog" said the ute driver

now all thats left is my motorbike Sad think i may leave it in the garage for a few weeks

[Updated on: Tue, 25 February 2003 13:28]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hit and Run Thu, 06 March 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell us what happens with this man - im interested
TurboToyota
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Hit and Run Sun, 03 August 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got wacked on the Freeway 6 months ago. Some P plater merged into my lane without looking. He sped off and i chased him and got his numberplate. I couldnt manage to stop him though. The cops helped as much as they could and after 4 months they could only charge him for failing to report the accident. They had no proof that he hit me. So apart from losing his insurance points, the little shit got away with it.
NOTE : If u get hit, get the numberplate of the offending car, then get a witness number plate. Otherwise ur chances of getting ur damage paid for by the offender is NIL.

Good luck all.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hit and Run Sun, 03 August 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah good one TurboToyota. thanks for the tip. I always think, 'Just get the number plate.' Will remember that for sure.

the advantages of having a fast car = you can chase people Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Hit and Run Mon, 11 August 2003 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used have a extendable steel baton under my seat for this very reason. it looked like a part of the car if you positioned it right under the seat Very Happy

swipe me and expect a few smashed side windows or a fucked up face

and if they try to get away, GIVE CHASE!
they gotta stop soon enough... heh

i cant stand people who try and get away with things they have done, lowlifes
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Hit and Run Mon, 11 August 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It really makes you wonder how some cops got into the police force. You get some real nice genuine cops who will help you out and make life easier for you and then you get some pure arseholes who either arnt getting any sex or just wake up everyday with pure supercharged pms.

Let us know how you get on anyway
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hit and Run Tue, 12 August 2003 04:08 Go to previous message
supercharged pms.... that describes most of the female cops I've had run ins with.

and I perved on all the ones that weren't like that Smile

edit: on supercharged pms that is, not female Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2003 04:09]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 vs 2000 civic Si
Next Topic:NEED HELP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 15:43:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056180953979492 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar