Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
81rolla
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Carby Question Sun, 09 October 2005 23:20 Go to next message
Hi guys,

The carby on my 2S-C is on its way out and and I don't know whether to replace it with another 2S carby or to get a weber for it. Would this sort of modification do anything to perfomance/fuel consumption? Also would it give me a faster throttle response? At the moment it is very sluggish when you put the foot down, almost like there is something pushing against the car in the opposite direction you are moving in. It feels like it wants to go but just can't.

What would be the ideal weber for it? Maybe a cortina carby with adapter plate?

Oh, yeah, the 2S is in a KE55.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Anthony.

Send a private message to this user    
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Carby Question Sun, 09 October 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imo i wouldnt chage to a different carby just because of the bastard vacuum sustem, yesterday i swapped my carby back to the original one, and it is now a much happier camper with the vacuum system all hooked up properly minus the egr. so unless u have a solution to this....or the ke55 doesnt have a vacuum system i wouldnt bother, i am now hoping my economy will improve as it does need alot less throttle to get it moving Smile i would say it comes down to how difficult its gonan be to set up properly
81rolla wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 09:20

like there is something pushing against the car in the opposite direction

have u checked to see if ur brakes are binding, probably dum suggestion but anything is worth a try :shrugs:
~andrew~

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 23:37]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Carby Question Mon, 10 October 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe it's just too close to my bedtime, but if you must persist with the 2S, maybe EFI parts from an SV11 would be the go for some kind of 'conversion'?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Carby Question Mon, 10 October 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean on it's way out?

carbies will either get dirty, or the throttle shafts wear... htere is nothing else to really go wrong with them...

if you must go carby, downdraught weber with small primary choke (NOT the 32/36 ford carb) should go ok.

sound slike the rest of the motor needs some help also..

replace the normal tuning parts, clean the carby and see how it goes first..

love_KE70.. you are not very adventurous are you Wink
carbies and vac systems are easy... you just need a diagram
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: Carby Question Mon, 10 October 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe not the most adventurous 16 yr old but i do more than other guy at my school so thats gotta mean somethin
my issue with using a different carby is that you now dont have a diagram appropriate for that carby and car, u may have one for the original carby, but that didnt help when it sed i should have 5 little pipes on one side and i had 2. hence my swap back.
anywho why do people find it necessary to change to a different carby? how much difference does it really make?
~andrew~
81rolla
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Carby Question Mon, 10 October 2005 21:38 Go to previous message
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I know its a 2S but it's all I have at the moment. A conversion is definitely on its way, but I just don't have the cash to do it yet. All I want to do is get it running smooth for now just so it's not a bitch to drive.

oldcorollas, where can I get a downdraught weber from (what car/engine) and approximately how much would it cost?

Thanks again for the help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuel Consumption ST185 GT4
Next Topic:Exhaust System for 86 SX Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 19:39:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020848989486694 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.