Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Mon, 10 October 2005 14:35 Go to next message
i was just wondering what would be the best turbo motor with little fuss as possible to put in my 1985 celica supra

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Mon, 10 October 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celsup85 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 00:35

i was just wondering what would be the best turbo motor with little fuss as possible to put in my 1985 celica supra

cheers

Assuming that its got the 5me in it, then the engine with little fuss as possible would be the 7mgte.
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is an import and it has a 1ggue in it
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g-gte - cheap and plentiful! A few of us have done this exact conversion.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll have to define "best" before we can give you any meaningful answers.

- Highest power?
- Lowest weight?
- Best parts availability?
- Easiest to install?
- Other?

The 1G is a good option but may or may not meet your requirements.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats your budget?
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not too fust about power i just want more then i have now and as for my budget i want to spend as little as possible
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo conversions are a complete contradiction to a desire to spend as little as possible.

If you dislike parting with cash or just dont have it, then going turbo is not for you - seriously. What ever you budget for it, it will cost twice the amount and take 2-3 times as long as you planned.
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i understand wat ur sayin but i meant i didnt want to go throwing cash around if i didnt have to
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK then.. what is your actual budget?

given that you're driving and MA61 - the 7mgte makes sense - but you're up for:
complete engine with loom and ecu
intercooler and associated piping
partial or full exhaust
wiring of engine
wiring engine into chassis loom
upgraded or refreshed cooling system
de/regass of aircon
new engine mounts
possible refresh of brakes
if converting to manual - bellhousing, gearbox, tailshaft, crossmember, pedal box, clutch slave/master, clutch, flywheel, pressure-plate, gearbox.
engineering

and if your search thru the bits for sale and tech threads on "7MGTE" you should be able to gauge prices.

also worth factoring in is the age/lifestyle of the donor engine - if it's had a hard life then the time between install and rebuild is shorter.

good luck!

cheers,
Charles.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 23:30

turbo conversions are a complete contradiction to a desire to spend as little as possible.

If you dislike parting with cash or just dont have it, then going turbo is not for you - seriously. What ever you budget for it, it will cost twice the amount and take 2-3 times as long as you planned.

so true Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: whats the best way to go with a turbo engine for my car Tue, 11 October 2005 15:39 Go to previous message
celsup85 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 22:36

im not too fust about power i just want more then i have now and as for my budget i want to spend as little as possible

got one of those intake swirl things (turbo Zet?) and a fuel magnet Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 15:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v vvti actuator
Next Topic:mass power loss
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:37:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050289630889893 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.