Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 04:43 Go to next message
Found this on ebay looks dam nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FERRARI-F355-KIT-CAR-REPLIC A-EATS-WRX-SKYLINE-HSV-XR8_W0QQitemZ4581805350QQca tegoryZ35227QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/23/a7/10_12_b.JPG

Some one buy it! Very Happy

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the 2,000L engine muhuhahahhahhahahaha that'd fly. Rolling Eyes

They also state the donor car is not an import yet make no mention of it having an engine conversion so how can it be a turbo.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 04:47]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 14:45

Go the 2,000L engine muhuhahahhahhahahaha that'd fly. Rolling Eyes

They also state the donor car is not an import yet make no mention of it having an engine conversion so how can it be a turbo.

Still looks sexy though. Embarassed
DJ984
Regular

May 2005
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if memory serves me correct there where aust. delivered turbo models yeah?

if not, it's not that hard to bolt a turbo onto the standard engine. you don't need to do an engine conversion to make it turbo.

I've spoken to Craig and he's a top bloke. best of luck with his sale, if i had the spare $'s at the moment, i'd buy it.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it could end up selling for 30k.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ984 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 15:40

if memory serves me correct there where aust. delivered turbo models yeah?

if not, it's not that hard to bolt a turbo onto the standard engine. you don't need to do an engine conversion to make it turbo.

I've spoken to Craig and he's a top bloke. best of luck with his sale, if i had the spare $'s at the moment, i'd buy it.

Yes but considering they go in depth about the kit, if it had been converted to turbo you think details of what was done ie to lower compression etc. There was no aus delivered turbo MR2's, so its either had it bolted on or been converted and if so why not list the details about what was done in the process.

Otherwise its an import an he's talking shit. Wink
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

i seen 1 that looked like a lamborghini diablo

ferrari 1 is nice 2
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else notice the lack of a complete shot of the rear of the car....? also is the kit already on the car? it goes on and on about how its a 41 piece easy to fit kit and stuff......... im a little confused, but i do think it looks pretty good

EDIT: just saw the back on the linked website and realised why there were no pics....its all wierd and looks outta proportion or something.
also worked out that the car is for sale and they also sell the kit separately..... i have answered both my questions all the while making a fool of myself. haha i am dumb

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 06:46]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark that looks hot!
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah! thats sick, there was also one featured in a new zealand car magazine not long ago. only thing i would have done different is painted it red.
wonder if tail lights, head lights and mirrors come with the kit?
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had pics of this for ages, i was wonderinf where it was located. The kit looks like it cost between 10k-15k depending on extras. . .
hotmr2
Regular

March 2005
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Wed, 12 October 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate it . its fucking fake piece of bodykits. i rather classic mr2 look. if u want a ferrari, buy a real ferrari!! would u buy a old bombadore with latest hsv bodykits on it. u would make a big fool of urself driving in it i've seen some ....wankers. Rolling Eyes

aussie delivered never comes in turbo. only japanese inports delivered turbos and n/a.
u cant bolt turbo on non turbo mr2. engine 3sge is not suitable for it. u have to complete the whole conversions including gearbox and bigger front brakes setup and rears if u like but not nessasary.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its nice...

not worth 30K

id give him 20 for sure tho Smile
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least it would be more reliable than the real thing Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick_o wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 12:55

At least it would be more reliable than the real thing Laughing

and wouldn't cost as much to service, whilst it does look better than most kits i am of the same ilk as lambolica it ain't the real thing so why bother i mean for the money spent on the kits, the mr2 could be as fast as the ferrari. Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/borboyous/DSCN0370.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/borboyous/DSCN0379.jpg

i wouldnt do it, but it looks good.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The front is pretty good, but the back is well and truly wack, also the mr2 is a tad shorter and a chunk narrower than the 355 meaning the bonnet and other proportions are always gonna be out of wack.
If i could be bothered i search for a pick of a 355 and pick the differences, i've done it befor with that kit and there is some areas where it is spot on but there are many errors that when you look closely make it look shit compared to the real deal.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 13:15

The front is pretty good, but the back is well and truly wack, also the mr2 is a tad shorter and a chunk narrower than the 355 meaning the bonnet and other proportions are always gonna be out of wack.
If i could be bothered i search for a pick of a 355 and pick the differences, i've done it befor with that kit and there is some areas where it is spot on but there are many errors that when you look closely make it look shit compared to the real deal.

its a fucking kit goddammit...

OF COURSE ITS NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotmr2 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 09:09

i hate it . its fucking fake piece of bodykits. i rather classic mr2 look. if u want a ferrari, buy a real ferrari!! would u buy a old bombadore with latest hsv bodykits on it. u would make a big fool of urself driving in it i've seen some ....wankers. Rolling Eyes

aussie delivered never comes in turbo. only japanese inports delivered turbos and n/a.
u cant bolt turbo on non turbo mr2. engine 3sge is not suitable for it. u have to complete the whole conversions including gearbox and bigger front brakes setup and rears if u like but not nessasary.

Yeah because everyone has a spare 160k-200k + insurance + running cost just just lying around to buy a real Ferrari Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 04:15]

jpower
Regular

February 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the site mentioned where the kits are sold annoys me, where it compares it's kit to every other f355 kit out there. It keeps looking down on every other kit and has pictures to "prove" how unauthentic they are. I know the site should be promoting it's product but does it really need to put every other kit down!!
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Thu, 13 October 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam, at 30K with out reserve met.. Shocked
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Fri, 14 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know someone who got exactly the same kit but he bought the kit alone for $15K plus paint Smile
Androoo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: MR2/FERRARI F355 Sat, 15 October 2005 01:50 Go to previous message
sure it doesnt look exactly like the real thing, but it's pretty awesome still!

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:84 carona cheap runaround PRICE DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:RARE 1990 Toyota Supra JZA70 1JZGTE with 12 months
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:04:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060379505157471 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.