Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Wed, 28 September 2005 16:05 Go to next message
4.9 Kg, 212 mm flywheel, custom made. Suits all 4A-G application, ideally for track use.

3 Puck Ceramic / Copper clutch, over 2500 IBs pressure (i'm not too sure about this). Custom assembly, fully balanced, imported item.

Both items new, never been used. Flywheel was designed for 4A-GE blacktop but should fit any 4A-G application

Hoping not to seperate but will at the right price. Clutch matches flywheel, which is why not so willing to seperate.

Asking for $450 or nearest offer. Will deliver around victoria. Wouldn't mind the distance if the price is good.

Send a private message to this user    
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Mon, 10 October 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump

still for sale and getting desperate now.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Mon, 10 October 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit:

bump

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 23:45]

ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM'D
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutch and flywheel specs are above. Rather not seperate unless for the right price because the clutch has been matched to that flywheel and balanced out.

psychofox
Regular

April 2004
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested, what brand is the flywheel? or is it a modified stock unit? If neither who made it? The clutch - what brand?

Do you have any pics of the setup?
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The flywheel is a modified item from blacktop 20V (professionally done heat treated, balanced etc.. )

and the clutch is a custom assembly from an overseas clutch company that makes race clutches. KL Racing clutch company.

both items balanced and supposedly meant to be used together.

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can't balance a clutch an flywheel together, as the clutch rotates with the gearbox input shaft, not the flywheel (that is, it gets clamped to the flywheel in random locations)

the pressure plate and clutch will go together, jsut not because of balance.

anyway, PM me a ridiculous offer, save me doing it Very Happy
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, you can balance a flywheel and clutch together.

it's not the friction plate that gets balanced, it's the pressure plate.

small amounts of weight would have been taken out of one side of it. realistically it should go with a crank, pulley, a set of rods and a set of pistons.. Very Happy
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you want to split hairs Very Happy
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 18:39

you can't balance a clutch an flywheel together, as the clutch rotates with the gearbox input shaft, not the flywheel (that is, it gets clamped to the flywheel in random locations)

the pressure plate and clutch will go together, jsut not because of balance.

anyway, PM me a ridiculous offer, save me doing it Very Happy

are you being sarcastic ??
sorry i couldn't tell. i get one hostile remark out of every 15 for support from this forums. PM'd..
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 19:39

actually, you can balance a flywheel and clutch together.

it's not the friction plate that gets balanced, it's the pressure plate.

small amounts of weight would have been taken out of one side of it. realistically it should go with a crank, pulley, a set of rods and a set of pistons.. Very Happy

good call... i didn't know how it works that way
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G Tue, 11 October 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarcasm? not me mate!

PM recieved, i'll get back to you.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: Lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch for 4A-G SOLD!!! Wed, 12 October 2005 08:22 Go to previous message
SOLD!

thanks for the interest cheers everyone

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:For Sale 3sge+rwd convesion parts
Next Topic:CHEAP 4agze smallport head FS or SWAP
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 01:18:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085189342498779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.