Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
levin84
Newcomer

June 2005
km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 01:49 Go to next message
sup guyz just wondering how much km's do u get in a full tank after turboing a 1zz-fe

im getting around 600km in a full tank
how much would i get after turboing

cheerz

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 01:53]

Send a private message to this user  
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's very much a "how long is a piece of string?" question. On the highway, it should be about the same. If you drive it hard, expect it to chug down the fuel hard. You may even find you get better fuel economy because you aren't working it as hard to get around Razz
levin84
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about just normal driving
say 3-4000 rpm den change gearz
whould the difference be around 100km
ahahahha cause petrol pricez are gettin pretty expensive dese dayz

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 02:07]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all depends on how you're going to drive dude. If you nanna it around, drive mostly off boost, it'll probably only be a tiny bit worse. Give it stick and it'll use a lot more, but it'll also be a lot faster.
hotgemini
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this on these forums, but you're an idiot, or at least you come across as one and seeing as you've presented no evidence to the contrary I feel its perfectly reasonable to come to such a conclusion.

If you wish to not be thought of and treated as an idiot, perhaps you could make an effort not to present yourself as one?
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if yorue only revving to 4k why do you want a turbo for?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:51

if yorue only revving to 4k why do you want a turbo for?

For the fooly sik flutterz moite...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont trd have bolt on superchargers or something?
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd never ended up releasing the turbo for the 1zz/2zz/2az due to reliability issues they had.

pretty sure hks or someone make a kit though.
levin84
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have a problem with me dont post in my thread
just a curious question i mean sometime i would like to drive normally and sometime i mite i go hard
stupid ppl like you alwazy goin hard is ppl that start crying when there engine blowz up
if you say shit like dat say it somewhere else
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Tue, 11 October 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin84 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:10

just a curious question i mean sometime i would like to drive normally and sometime i mite i go hard
stupid ppl like you alwazy goin hard is ppl that start crying when there engine blowz up

its the same as asking us how long your penis would be after an ebay enlargement though.

results are different for everyone, and it may not always be what you wanted.

how you use it is up to you.
hotgemini
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levin84: It would appear you might have accidentally overlooked my post, so I'll reiterate my point for you...

You are an idiot.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotgemini wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 15:33

Levin84: It would appear you might have accidentally overlooked my post, so I'll reiterate my point for you...

You are an idiot.

Laughing you're a classic!

Normally when you convert to a turbo, you'd expect to get less mileage out of a tank because you are using MORE fuel. Then again, people dont convert to turbo for it's petrol economy, but for the power.

How much more it will use depends on your setup, injectors, turbo etc etc Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin84 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:40

sometimes you will use more petrol.. and sometimes you will use even more Wink what do you want ppl to say?

levin84 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:40

HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing

ahh keep em coming.. there can never be enough people to laugh at on toymods Wink

surely you realise the petrol used is proportional to engine power output.. thats it.... use the right foot more, use more petrol.... if you drive at 20km/hr in the city, use more fuel than 100km/hr.... per km..

save the money from the turbo conversion to pay for petrol if you are that worrried about it Rolling Eyes
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my heads bruised from bang it against the desk in frustration!
if you make 200hp with a 4 cylinder turbo motor you will use the same fuel on boost as a 200hp V8 in powerband.
its not hard to work out.
mick
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait wait wait, so you guys are saying that the more power i put out, the more petrol i will use? Jeez, i'd never had thought of it like that........ Razz Razz Razz Razz

i wish i too had no brain
hemi twofifteen turbo
Regular

October 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more air will always = more power, no matter how much fuel you have. Diesel marine engines use massive turbo's and only as much fuel as a household microwave, and put out seveal thosands HP.
levin84
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont u all kiss my ass dickz headz
forum like dis dat is not realli helpful can eat shit
ban me i dont fucken care
if you guyz fink your all that say it to my face
melbourne come down
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Melbourne Rolling Eyes
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's common sense dude! Just think about it...

For your information, there's probably not another forum as helpful as this. If you ask a stupid question, then expect a stupid answer, easy as that.

If you wanna gain some respect, stop the "f00ly h3k7ik 5m5" typing coz it's a pain in the arse to read. Another thing is to do a search for any other question you have Wink

Noones acting like they're "all that", they're just taking the piss out of you coz you haven't thought you're question through Very Happy
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotgemini wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 13:33

You are an idiot.

Agreed!!

Mum probably won't let you do that to her car! Confused

Is it school holidays again??
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Wed, 12 October 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a seriuz not tho, what about the efekt all my neonz and subwooferz wil have on my fuel econmi??? Duz alz tha lectricty im uzn realli put drag on my b8ri? Cuz petrol pricez iz getin heavy dese dayz.

But don say dat shit dat mak me lookz stupid or I mite go hard lik I iz alwazy doin and youz wil blowz der enginez

So hemi, youz iz sayn dat I shoud put dat microwave on my engine in stead of da tubroz??? Dat would be hektik!!!!!!!

Melbourne unitez!!!!
hotgemini
Occasional Poster

April 2003
icon14.gif  Re: km's Loss after Turbo Thu, 13 October 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing -GT- Pure gold, nearly spat my coffee on the screen, like your work.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: km's Loss after Turbo Thu, 13 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin84 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 23:03

why dont u all kiss my ass dickz headz
forum like dis dat is not realli helpful can eat shit
ban me i dont fucken care
if you guyz fink your all that say it to my face
melbourne come down
what about the efekt all my neonz and subwooferz wil have on my fuel econmi???
Duz alz tha lectricty im uzn realli put drag on my b8ri?
Cuz petrol pricez iz getin heavy dese dayz.
But don say dat shit dat mak me lookz stupid or I mite go hard lik I iz alwazy doin and youz wil blowz der enginez
So hemi, youz iz sayn dat I shoud put dat microwave on my engine in stead of da tubroz??? Dat would be hektik!!!!!!!
Melbourne unitez!!!

damn.. you're good!!!

meh, and i answered your question.... but it is not a good idea to ask terribly open ended questions (like: what is the best motor/turbo etc, how much power, how bright will the neons be), as you get shitty open ended answers and everyone takes the piss..
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Thu, 13 October 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do us all a favour.. Have a km's per tank of ZERO and stay the fuck off my roads...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Thu, 13 October 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:34

trd never ended up releasing the turbo for the 1zz/2zz/2az due to reliability issues they had.

pretty sure hks or someone make a kit though.

He said supercharger kit which for city driving is gonna give him more useable power anyway, there are so many variables though, in the way the car is tuned, boost levels, etc etc, there is no blanket figure and because not many ppl have done it as has already been stated the answer just doesn't really exist.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: km's Loss after Turbo Thu, 13 October 2005 05:05 Go to previous message
yeah what is up with that language, or whatever he calls it. "deze dayz" is spelt "these days", and "dats", we talking datsons or toyotas here? "thats" little man...

my brother talks like that, carries on and reckons that his accent or voice or whatever the fuck, just wish you young blokes would fucking grow up...n shit, lol
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:were to search for gearbox conversion
Next Topic:MA61 rear parcel shelf write-up (56k warning!)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:39:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050148963928223 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.