Toymods » General Car Talk » Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 15:15 Go to next message
Hi guys, Smile
Nice to meet u all, i'm just new here and known this site from my friend. However hope I could learn more from here

I have an AE82 Twincam, which had an 100KW engine (engine exchange). All engine were done perfectly. The engine was built before it went into my car. What I wanted to ask is How many RPM does the 100KW goes to? And standard 100KW will end up at how many on the wheels? (I am running 138KW on dyno) I never know what is the result on dyno of other $-age engine.

Another thing is that what is the stud pattern for AE82? I am looking for new set of rims and tyres. It would be great if any of you would have one for sales.

I am now needing an aircond control unit box, it wont fit with an normal corolla box. I believe it is denso made. Mine turn out to be no power coming out for the control unit box. Do you have any ideas where can I get that? Summer is coming and I need aircond Confused

Anyway that is pretty much what I wanted to ask.
Thank you very much

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 15:42]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 01:15

Hi guys, Smile
Nice to meet u all, i'm just new here and known this site from my friend. However hope I could learn more from here

I have an AE82 Twincam, which had an 100KW engine (engine exchange). All engine were done perfectly. The engine was built before it went into my car. What I wanted to ask is How many RPM does the 100KW goes to? And standard 100KW will end up at how many on the wheels? (I am running 148KW on dyno) I never know what is the result on dyno of other $-age engine.

Another thing is that what is the stud pattern for AE82? I am looking for new set of rims and tyres. It would be great if any of you would have one for sales.

I am now needing an aircond control unit box, it wont fit with an normal corolla box. I believe it is denso made. Mine turn out to be no power coming out for the control unit box. Do you have any ideas where can I get that? Summer is coming and I need aircond Confused

Anyway that is pretty much what I wanted to ask.
Thank you very much

wow, what boost are you running?
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Hi I am not running turbo. I run N/A (actually half N/A0. I have 2 intake pipes joined in to and one of them connected to an electronic supercharger (don't know you ever heard of that or not). It turned out to be pretty good for some reason......
avieec
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger??

can you get me one? how much are these things

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 15:57]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 01:39

Smile Hi I am not running turbo. I run N/A (actually half N/A0. I have 2 intake pipes joined in to and one of them connected to an electronic supercharger (don't know you ever heard of that or not). It turned out to be pretty good for some reason......

please send a picture so we know what you are talking about...
you mean electrically powered? or electronic as in circuits?

and what boost are you running? if you have a supercharger.. you must have boost.... (i didn't ask about any turbo Razz )

and no handwarmers Wink
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

As I said, the engine was built before it went into the car.
As far as I remembered there was:
JUN stage2(not sure) cams shaft
AEM adjustable cam pully
HKS extractor
Mandrel bend 2.5" exhaust
Super Cat muffler
TRD valve springs
SARD fuel pump and fuel regulator
Exedy twin plates clutch
HKS(I think) lighten flywheel
Apexi Power FC engine control
NGK iridium plugs
TRD plugs leads
Cypher industries airfilter
and ETS electronic supercharger

This is the engine mods that I could remember of.
I was told that the cams was a stage2 but I dont think so because of the price
The electronic supercharge does pretty good job at bringing 10KW or more (generation2).

Note that when on dyno my car has no bonnet, back seats, subwoofers and not even aircond units inside. (it was right after the car was built)

ps. I wasn't there when they dyno tested, that is what they told me. however that was the maximum (now the engine is running at less power because during dyno, the machanic tuned the ECU to get more power out but wouldn't last the engine long)

If you wanted the electronic supercharger go to www.ets.com.au (not sure)
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How to put picture???
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email it to me if you want.

I'll host it

yianlives@hotmail.com
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you are getting 128kw atw without the electric fan??

i thought when you got an exedy twin plate clutch, you had to use their flywheel?

Quote:

Note that when on dyno my car has no bonnet, back seats, subwoofers and not even aircond units inside. (it was right after the car was built)

so now it has less power in the engine because you have seats in the car?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
redline for a stock smallport (100kw) is 7200rpm, however i took my old one to 8000 with no worries. wouldn't really recommend doing it all the time, i was about to take mine out so i was giving it a bit of a hiding.

that power figure is very impressive, have you got a dyno sheet picture by any chance? stock they put out mid 70's at the wheels so if that figure is from the wheels i am thoroughly impressed.

and finally what compression are you running if you have it supercharged? i wouldn't like to keep the original 10.5:1 if it's boosted.
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i said above, I am not sure about the flywheel. I waited for parts around a year (no money to pay in certain period Razz ) so i would forgot but as I said i am not sure.

Now i am running less power due to those as well as some ... setting made by machanic. He said my engine would last no more than 4 months if I run with that setting ....

ps. I don't know much about this. I rely on the shop ( and they rely on my money Sad )
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I ask a question if you dont mind? How much have it cost you so far to build this beast of an engine?
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I wouldnt mind answering that
As I said before, it took me a year to slowly buy parts and stuffs. so i dont have exact figure how much have i paid. Imagine that I get $1500 from my parents and $1200 from my work every months. I buy a few at a time so I paid around $2000 twice and the rest I not sure.

PS. can anyone tell me the stud pattern for AE82 plz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 02:17

Hi,
The electronic supercharge does pretty good job at bringing 10KW or more (generation2).

that would be this one then?
http://www.electronicturbosystems.com.au/2.htm

progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man ... thx

I got the dyno slip but I dont have scanner.
But to be honest when I drives, it doesnt seems like 138KW at the wheel.

I raced with my friend's car (DC5 type r), I pulled him off quite a lot. So basicly i was quite happy to win him ..... (street race)

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 16:49]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stud pattern is 4 x 100 with a 38mm offset from memory Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 02:41

PS. can anyone tell me the stud pattern for AE82 plz

would be easier to just measure it no?

4x110, 4x114.3, 4x100... one of them.. i vote 4x100 since it is a FWD toyota from the 80's...

measure it on your car and let us know Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: 138kw from a 4cyc with eletric supercharger?? Tue, 11 October 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 02:45

yeah man ... thx

I got the dyno slip but I dont have scanner.
But to be honest when I drives, it doesnt seems like 138KW at the wheel.

I raced with my friend's car (DC5 type r), I pulled him off quite a lot. So basicly i was quite happy to win him ..... (street race)

Take a picture of the sheet? Camera phone? Digital camera? Webcam... ?

Should be able to see the figure Very Happy
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but ... how to measure?
I tried to buy rims from my friend, he have a eg civic
he said the his stud pattern is 4X100 and wouldn't fit mine.
so i am not sure

(i have chrome rims on now but I dont like chrome)
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way
Could it be possible like the machanic said? He said with some setting you would get more power out as well as more chance to blown the engine....
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike - [RO11AA]
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 16:43

the corona ain't that slow, ten bucks says i'd sit on your arse thru the hills.
The 22re has something your 4ag could only ever dream of its called an extra 50nm of torque and guess what my car doesn't weigh anymore than yours either.

What is he trying to say?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 03:04

Mike - [RO11AA]
Quote:

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 16:43

the corona ain't that slow, ten bucks says i'd sit on your arse thru the hills.
The 22re has something your 4ag could only ever dream of its called an extra 50nm of torque and guess what my car doesn't weigh anymore than yours either.

He's trying to say that your 4AGE sucks teh arse Razz

Quote:

By the way
Could it be possible like the machanic said? He said with some setting you would get more power out as well as more chance to blown the engine....

looks like you got owned by your mechanic Wink

PICS OR BAN Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 03:04

SOMEONE SET US UP TeH BOMB
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 03:13

He's trying to say that your 4AGE sucks teh arse Razz

i thought it was more along the lines of 'teh corona will neva lose!!'
progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like you got owned by your mechanic <<<<< mean??? sorry really dont get it

BTW... y would he say 4age is not good ... y he'd try to set bomb to us Mad

I am now needing an aircond control unit box, it wont fit with an normal corolla box. I believe it is denso made. Mine turn out to be no power coming out for the control unit box. Do you have any ideas where can I get that? Summer is coming and I need aircond

peace.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 17:20]

progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh i see, so he is saying his engine is good and 4age is sux. I see, Cant 4age get 50nm more of torque? (I dont know)???

Well i'll spend 10bucks on bp ultimate for my own car lol. 10 bucks last me around 50km hahahaha Shocked
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
progkamol wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 03:25

Cant 4age get 50nm more of torque? (I dont know)???

easily.. you just need about 5-6psi of boost for every extra 50Nm....
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you look at your dyno sheet again,see if it has 138hp not kw.
mick
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Tue, 11 October 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.turbonator.com/

you have been playing too much nfs underground.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 23:18]

progkamol
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Wed, 12 October 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed

sorry if i have made mistakes.

maybe it is bhp not kw

i am not sure because i'm not machanic and i wasn't around during dyno time.

i got a time slip from Quit Motorplex drag way
best result was 14.921 sec.

i dont play nfs coz too over realistic

i took a photo of time slip and wanted to post but the text can be hardly see.
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Wed, 12 October 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG this thread is the best laugh ive had all week. This guy is such a CHUMP. good luck with the rims mate.

Laters
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hi, I'm new here I would like to ask about AE82 Wed, 12 October 2005 14:27 Go to previous message
ke20_rolla wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 00:14

OMG this thread is the best laugh ive had all week. This guy is such a CHUMP. good luck with the rims mate.

Laters

Why would you say that? 'cuz he can't speak english very well? Or 'cuz he doesn't know much his dyno reading?

Anyway, if it was 138kw at the wheels, you should have absolutely flown passed the Type R DC2. You'd give stock JZA80 Supras a scare too. 138hp at the wheels you could probably still beat a Type R DC2, but not by much.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Part Number?? Can anyone supply one?
Next Topic:Car alarms:- Clifford
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:32:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064339637756348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.