Toymods » Members Rides » Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 04 October 2004 09:22 Go to next message
Sonny's Shit Arse AE86 Project
Well, was shit, but no so shit anymore!

My AE86 is shaping up rather nicely now.
The car is boasting a few more mods. Christmas has left my wallet a little lean, and it may be a while before anymore mods come in

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/shcao/truenofront.jpg

THE CAR
The chassis itself is a 1984 Australian Delivered AE86. All my initial D newbie mates keep calling it an 85 just cause it originally had a SOHC. I mean c'mon!!! duh! if it says 86 on the firewall, its an 86 rite!?!? It pisses me off.

When I bought the car, it was stock as a rock Levin. Previously owned by an elderly couple since new. It was a very original stocker, and nothing had been touched. (including the tyre change tool kit). So I kinda felt bad going through, ripping shit out, painting bits and bobs and doing this and that. But its for a good cause. No Rust at all on the body. It still has the red original paint until this day!.

ENGINE AND EXHAUST
No points for imgination when it comes to the powerplant on my car. A boring 97kw JDM 4age bigport off a JDM Levin. I am assuming it's stock. It's got a funky reco sticker on it (wish I could read jap). Drives well with no dodgy pinging noises.
I am going to learn how to drive properly before I start doing some NA tuning to my engine.

The engine is Run by a Haltech E6K ECU which was installed and dynotuned and C&D motorworks. At the moment, I see no advantages of having this expensive mod on my car, but I am pretty sure I'll think different when I am going to slap some agressive cams Shocked

The fuel system was a last minute setup, but it works well. A Camry SV21 fuel pump mounted by a JDM tank gasket in a Aus Spec tank. GT Apex copper fuel lines to the front. Seems to provide ample fuel to the 4age and I haven't experienced any surges Yet.

I ran out of money when I got to the exhaust system. It's got the stock 4age headers, stock front pipe. The rest is a crappy pea shooter exhaust from a stock 4ac. Oh, and did I mention the 25 dollar air filter? haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/shcao/enginebay.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/shcao/truenoback.bmp

SUSPENSION
Recently, I acquired a brand new set of Tokiko HTS adjustable short stroke dampaners!! Man I am bloody excited. Still shopping around for a decent set of springs. I am going for the a 6 / 4 set up.
I expect the car to handle a lot better. I am bloody sick of body roll now! hahah
I wanna chuck in a set of whiteline sway bars, but can't afford it as yet.

Going to install a T18 T Series rear end soon.

At the moment, my car handles worse than stock factory. The old timers got some monroe super soft or something. It bounces like a mofo after every 'attempted' slide i do.

BRAKES
Stock

BODY
Trueno Front End Conversion with Stock zenki front bar.
TRD Ducktail Spoiler Copy (bought from truenosedan)
OEM Side Skirts Copy (bought from truenosedan)
Geniune ABS Plastic Trueno Front Lip
All parts are color coated in red to match original paint.
Original Trueno Wind Visors.
10 Buck Kmart driving lights
Tow bar.

my rims are 14x7 grey watanabe. Dunno what model, but it looks like the budget offering.

I haven't shelled out too much money in this department. Just wanted to go for a stockish JDM look. Decided to take the cheapest route possible. This is probably as good as it will get. Wanna spend the rest of the money on buying more important things like LSD, and suspension components.

http://www.freewebs.com/shcao/ducktail.jpg

INTERIOR
Using some UHD Fabric Spray, I managed to get the whole interior to look Brown and Red. The factory purple and cream was GROSS.. GRR. I hope the paint doesnt fade now. I got some rice TRD floormats on the floor. A Twin Cam look steering wheel but it says TURBO for some reason. And a Sparco Sprint Racing seat. Got some Ambi Purr on the vents too! NICE.

http://www.freewebs.com/shcao/font.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 00:12]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Mon, 04 October 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice son!

guys, copy and paste the links. freewebs is gay.

ps. the steering wheel is from an mr2 Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Mon, 04 October 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice!!!

Can I have your rims? Very Happy
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Mon, 04 October 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't want my rims.

They scrape like a mofo. Big time.

Just a set of fixer uppers till I get some rubber on my Watanabes.

I am donating it to my kid cousin for his RA60. hehe Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2004 11:20]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Tue, 05 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shcao... i remember when we both started looking for sprinters (_why_ is my old nick haha, i created a new account to save embressment)... we were like rivals back then... now we both have them and they are both having big plans going with them!

good luck man! i know we both share the passion and hope we can both have fun with them!

urs is cute!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 October 2004 09:03]

AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Tue, 05 October 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey another one for the red sprinter brigade!!!!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Tue, 05 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiri,
I thought Wanted_ae86 was ur biggest rival back then. In fact I don't think I ever responded to any 'sprinter for sale' here on toymods.. Actually maybe one very very recently.

But I prolly bought my car the same time as you did.

Yeah, your sprinter looks schmicker though.

AZA! Yes for now it's one for the red brigade..
but who knows what I've got planned for the future
muhahahahahahah!

/oh shit, that sounded cheesy! Smile
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Tue, 05 October 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha wanted_ae86... top guy... where is he now days? whats he got?

you can blame the honkie ricer who owned it before me for its schmickness

it looks fast, then i floor it and see grannies walk past with their walkers on their way to bowls Laughing Laughing Laughing
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Wed, 08 December 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err im here... im about to get on the mechanic bits for a car i just got recently... yeah im on my third 86 now.... fuckin lemon for 4.5k but its got the goodies.. sweet lemons... YUM..

yeah its that damn white 86 that was for sale for 6.5k... with the ricey blue flames on the black bonnet...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Thu, 09 December 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you shouldn't have disclosed that information, what happens if you want to sell it ?

haha
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Thu, 09 December 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, wanna sell you tow bar? Rolling Eyes
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Thu, 09 December 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr... no..

That's gonna be my trade mark..

Done up ae86 trueno..

BUT..

Think safe, think 50, drive right 2, and tow bar! Smile
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Thu, 09 December 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na im keepimg this baby for good... and may have to pull out the goodies.. n shit.. and start a new like what RTHY did..

hey shiri remember back in days about alans aussie-trueno.. hahahah.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 13:52]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Sat, 11 December 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAAAYY! I am so excited,

the car is gonna come back as a fully fledged trueno next week (with a few extra goodies on the body)...

Just to let you know what happened to my levin front..
The bumper resides on shiri's car!! (and maybe the grill)

Wanted 86 has got the headlights, parkers and guards, and front lip... and jessetamsett has got the bonnet..

But the Fog lights are still mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Sat, 11 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep bumper is sitting pretty on my car

sonny's a top guy! gl with finishing the car off man... give us a call when ur done i'd liek to check it out

haha yes wanted_ae86... i wanted that Sad
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 Mon, 03 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just given the car a little 'face lift' to give it a more of JDM feel. what do you guys think?

I was gonna go white, but there are a lot of white sprinters.

+ I am a tight arse and it worked out a hell of a lot cheper going red, especially since my car has no rust or faded paint Smile.

check it out.

http://www.freewebs.com/shcao/index.htm

A special very mention to the following ppl for the face lift.

Ae86drift - Cheers dude, thanks for driving the stuff down from sydney (bonnet bumper, lights). You've been an AWESOME help.

MrSoopra - Thanks for parting with the guards for next to nothing.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 08:43]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Mon, 03 January 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks great.. Keep it red! or if you do a full respray, wine red perhaps? hehe i think you should paint the top of the bumpers too! but thats just my opinion

Where did you get the window slits from? very JDM!

cya around shac! if you need help with that t-18, or ist hat ur brother? hehe let me know!

shiri
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Mon, 03 January 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude. Nah, this is as good as its gonna look. I am pumping money into performance.
Secondly, I am gonna crash it more than likely. So a top dollar spray job will go to waste.

I got to fit my HTS tokikos soon with my new springs.
In terms of the T18 rear, I am gonna hold out till I negotiate an LSD unit.

My brother is a bastard. He laughs cause he's got the ful disc brake/steel braided lines set up on his car! (the panda)
while I am stuck here trying to work with t18 drums and solid fronts. The window visors I jacked off the JDM car! haha

Seeya soon.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 10:06]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Mon, 03 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOOO HOT

awesome to see it finally a trueno! hooray!

ps. do your bumpers panda man... DO IT! DO IT!

red tsuchiya styles Wink
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Wed, 12 January 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAH!!!

I think I just chewed up my timing belt.
I started packing myself a minute there, but good thing the 4age is a non interferance engine.

While I've got the rocker covers off.. I think I may just chuck in the 288 degree cams.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 00:01

BAH!!!

I started packing myself a minute there, but good thing the 4age is a non interferance engine.

While I've got the rocker covers off.. I think I may just chuck in the 288 degree cams.

damn!!
what brand?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 13:14

what brand?

Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing Razz Razz
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quite cool man. conversion lined up really well. Why dont u try hosting your images in www.photodump.com
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha

quiet you! what brand and specs son??
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to make sure in your first post that you already had an aftermarket computer Smile
I was going to point out that I had idle problems with my cams that are only 256 deg.
But seeing as you got that side sorted, sick.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 13:14

shcao wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 00:01

BAH!!!

damn!!
what brand?

I havent actually bought them yet, but I am thinking of getting my orginal ones welded and reground.

I was gonna go toda from meridian motorsports, but 900 bux.. hmm.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonny man, gonna show up at the meet this sunday? would love to have a trueno there :D:D:D

Link in signature
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Thu, 13 January 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I could, but I don't have my car.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (now looking a little more JDM ). Fri, 25 February 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, due to an unfortunate turn of events (sorta), I am not gonna continue with this project any further.

All my rare parts from Japan are gonna be for sale soon.
So keep your eyes peeled. The official FOR SALE thread will soon be up
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). Fri, 25 February 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). Fri, 25 February 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happen?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sonnys Shit Ass Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). Mon, 10 October 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R.I.P

my car got rear ended by a truck on saturday Sad
total ride off.....
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH NO man Sad
FUCK
thats awful man.. condolences
that thing was clean too

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omg bad luck man Sad

Kev.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SadSad

son what u gunna do with the FRONT/engine?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u gotta be thankful its not the front.. gees

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a few people around my area circling my car like vulchers, hehehe!!!

In particular, the tanabes, the trueno front, and the motor+computer...

I dunno, I'd hate to see this car parted out. I'm considering doing a cut and shut.... Even though it would cost a shit load.

Damn, sentimental attachment always gets in the way.

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
dont u still have ur other one? just put all the good stuff onto that?

pics?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, the other one is was sold for real cheap the day before..

grrr
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double dammmmnnnnnnn
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheapest way would be to get a cheap ADM shell and stick all the good bits onto that. Wont be real JDM anymore, but you get that.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about the accident dude Crying or Very Sad

And i wanted to buy this a few months back Confused

Anyway il ask around for some rear end parts if you wish, i also know people who can repair the car, how bad is the damage?.

Once again sorry about your loss
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
y not make a ute or something?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey tai,

I've got my regular panel beatel aroudn the corners from your brothers place.

If I do buy a shell, I'll get your brother to transplant it in for me Smile...

hey leo.
a trueno ute,
that'll be good! Wink
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'd sooner die than leave your car to die sonny. I know you're gonna rebuild it...

I'm up for a working bee... anything for you brother.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83281&start=0&rid=4430&S=587980d7c2f a9e3aa0295f4f5601e463
http://www.jfast.net/~nyanimoto/gazou/8tora.jpg
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a spare rear bumper which you can borrow for awhile.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 11:39]

WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fvck sh!t cvnt slvt fvck fvck sh!t b!tch whore....

sorry for all the profanity but im as angry as much as sonny atm... i was meant to be the next owner of his car...

FVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVCK!!!!

taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Mon, 10 October 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WANTED_AE86 wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 22:16

fvck sh!t cvnt slvt fvck fvck sh!t b!tch whore....

sorry for all the profanity but im as angry as much as sonny atm... i was meant to be the next owner of his car...

FVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVCK!!!!

Calm down Ian!!, you can still buy the car off him, just think of it as a trueno half-cut Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 23:38]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Tue, 11 October 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a closer look.
Even though the damage is great, it is not *unrepairable*.
But will be costly.

hmm dunno.

does anyone have a spare RHS taillight?

thanks.
Son.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Thu, 13 October 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Sonny,

Sorry to hear about ur 86.
With a little bit of oeffrt i'm sure we'll be seeing her in december.

If u got rear ended, doesnt that guy have insurance or something?

Also, there's always a buncha tailights for sale on these forums, just keep ur eye open and u will be fine.

Is there anything else u need?

-Jay
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Sons Ae86 (From Levin to Trueno). R.I.Pieces Thu, 13 October 2005 04:10 Go to previous message
Yeah, it's in dispute at the moment,

truck driver thinks I'm at fault... But I reckon it's not.

Worse comes to worse, I'll repair it with my money.. should cost that much. Don't mind driving around with mis matched panels.
A set of tail lights, and a hatch would be nice!..

The accident is all panel, though getting the spritner rear to the exact curves is goign to be pretty hard.

But yes, I've decided, she will live again!!
oh yes, she will be alive again!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mumblezzz's crap KE70
Next Topic:My 3SGTE Powered AE86 Drift Car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:47:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080571174621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.