Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 06:44 Go to next message
ive heard from a couple of people that the st185 gearbox has some kind of switch or lever than can disconnect 2 of the wheels from being driven? is this correct or is it just wishful thinking?

because if it is possible it would make it alot easier to get my gt4 dyno tuned as it wouldnt require a 4w dyno...

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 06:45]

Send a private message to this user    
deviant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might be similar to a Skyline in that it has a fuse you pull out. Ive also heard with skylines if you switch the car off completely while you are rolling and restart, it will confuse the ECU and leave you with rearwheel drive only. might be similar for you vehicle!
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah mate the gt4 certainly has no such fuse it is a "proper" 4wd as it has a 50:50 power split, unlike the skyline..

and as far as i know all the power doesnt go to the rear wheels like a skyline... it just disconnects one pair of wheels? well at least thats what ive heard can anyone confirm?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grizzley, is there some type of bolt on the center transfer case? You have to take like a little cover off and it looks like you can slide something inside there...

I could be wrong.. TOTALLY wrong, I was just intrigued by this litte 'access hatch' almost on the GT-Four box I was looking at recently and had no idea what it does.

Probably not this.... who knows Smile

someone show us a picture! I am interested as to what that cover is for, but it sounds a little too good be true huh
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of gt4 was it? 185? apparently the 165 had soemthing similar but was a pain in the ass to use and the 205 didnt come with it at all..

but yeh itd be great for tuning purposes but thats about all as it disconnects half the wheels and half the power, if what ive heard is correct

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 07:30]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a group-a ST185 dude
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok the lever that you mention does indee swap it to semi FWD mode only on st185 and st165 boxes .. It alters the transfer case i believe to split the wheels to a more FWD bias

DO NOT USE IT FOR A DYNO RUN!!!

Its desgined for towing puroses only , youll do more damage than good to your car using it in a dyno situation ..

St205 boxes dont have this - so they could incorperate a larger stronger transfer case , with a 40/60 RWD bias split

Your best bet still is to find a 4wd dyno for your tuning , aslthough it may require a trip to a bigger town ..

I have to go to the other side of melb ( 3 hour drive ) to get mine dyno tuned , but tis worth it
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for that classique.. ah well there goes that idea

i guess ill have to have it done properly now...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 st185 gearbox Thu, 13 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous message
nods - youll apprecuiate the results of a proper awd tune anyway mate - its worth it just to see aht your car actually does when its up and running
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:709hp 2l impreza
Next Topic:Crazy Jap Modders!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:56:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048971176147461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.