Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^11kg, Thats not bad there dude!

Not sure i want to remove my ABS yet, im still learning how to drive this beast.

Thanks though.

I had my first dyno today:
I chucked up the results here:
http://www.ozcelica.com/mainforum/index.php?showto pic=2477 <---Heaps more photos there too. Very Happy
Its just got a straight intake, a pod filter meant for N/A cars and some sort of exhaust, 3"mid pipe, thats it.

But here are the dyno sheets:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7337/dsc35518fm.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8467/dsc3115533fc.jpg

Id appreciate anyones input as to why shes running so rich?? any advice? I have a exhuast leak in the manifold according to them. And there must be a boost leak, 112.5kw at 5/6 psi in 4th gear, doesnt sound right?

Cheers
Shane

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 12:30]

Send a private message to this user    
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did they measure your boost level correctly because that kw figure is too high running that rich in a 4th gear run on a DD roller.

Your manifold leak is your boost leak.

Check to see if you got any error messages stored on your ECU as it can retard timing making your car run rich.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 13:59]

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 08 October 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would i go about checking error messages? i can undo the battery terminals so it resets? Not sure how to check the codes dude.

cheers
shane
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bridge the TE1 and E1 terminals in the diagnostic connector, and turn the ignition to ON. Count the number of flashes of the check engine light, if there are errors, the light will flash a number of times, pause for 2.5 seconds, and flash again. Example, *****...*** would be code 53 (where * is flash and ... is 2.5 second pause). It then pauses 5 seconds, and if there are further codes it will flash them up, or else it will repeat the same one. If there are no errors, it will flash steadily.

Celicatech's main page has a full BGB online, check the EFI diagnostic section for a better explanation and what the codes mean.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks alot for that tooch, never checked out that celicatech site much, will do now. Thanks!
Very Happy
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs mate, the online BGB is about the only thing that I use on that site now, don't really use the forums on there much Smile
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The full BGB can be downloaded off my website for anyone interested. I have the ST165,St185,St185V2 books avaiable.

Follow the link in my sig. And goto the BGB directory. (appraox 25mb each)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep the stuff in Lances signature is definately worth leeching!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you think the ABS was a hinderance or a help Puffy ?

had thought about findidng exactly what youve taken out to put on mine ..

Im not going for all out ET speed and trackwork like yours, but it would be a good thing on a street car ..
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 12:44

do you think the ABS was a hinderance or a help Puffy ?

had thought about findidng exactly what youve taken out to put on mine ..

Im not going for all out ET speed and trackwork like yours, but it would be a good thing on a street car ..

On a street car its good but once I upgraded the brakes the ABS was kicking in way too prematurely. I do not recommand you install ABS in your car as once you remove the G-force sensor it is difficult to re-align. If this is not done right your ABS will not function correctly. All the wiring should be there but you will need the sensors and relays. You also would need to swap your CV's...... Are you still keen ? If so you will also have to drop the motor to do the install Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 09 October 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol - after the explaination and all - nahh mate Wink

heh - didnt realise it was so in depth then what it is , and well - im uprading the brakes as well so they most likley would have the same issues on my car..

My engines been dropped out enough times already - im hioping it stays in for a while now Wink
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 10 October 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys price for the FULL whilte works kit is:

$1700 + 10% gst, so $1870 total
price for the standard works kit (no camber adjustment kit, or rear bushes)
$1600 + 10% gst, so 1760 total.

these are prices for the st165. blackgt4 will have prices for the st185 kit tomorrow.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 07:15]

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 10 October 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://lance.ugbox.net/GT4/Racing/Drags%20...t4.di vx.mp3.avi

30MB vid of my runs the other nite
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 22:29

Id appreciate anyones input as to why shes running so rich?? any advice? I have a exhuast leak in the manifold according to them. And there must be a boost leak, 112.5kw at 5/6 psi in 4th gear, doesnt sound right?

I replaced my O2 sensor recently, as I discovered it wasn't working properly (didn't show up on error codes but). It now seems to be running much leaner than before. No more plumes of black smoke at high revs, & much better fuel consumption. Half a tank on the run to Bathurst & back on the weekend (350km) was pretty good. Haven't run a full tank to measure consumption yet.

On another topic, I rang Just Cars to update some details today. Damn I hate insurance. After 20 mins on the phone there was no way I could convince them higher than $13k agreed value even with low kays, despite me mentioning that at least 2 other people with the same car insured with them have agreed values way higher than that. Even going through the whole 'rare, collectable, this a group A' explanations. Plus, they've changed the excesses on all GT4s to $1200 (used to be $900, or $1200 for theft).
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys the price i got for the ST185 Whiteline Works Kit is $1600+gst. that doesnt include the bump stops or the control arm bushes but i've ordered those aswell.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony , Speak to shannons .. they are going to be a bit more expensive but will cover the group A happily ..

They know what the car actually stands for , i got grilled regarding mine - and only got full cover for it after explaining what i had planned for a once stock Gt4 , Now group A bitsa ..

I also explained my involvment in motorclubs ( toymods , for example ) and my interest in club based racing and such and their attitiude went " no problem , we'll do whatever you want .."

Dependng on the level of mods you plan to do , youd see a quote less than 2 grand with a half decent aggreed value id hope ..

1 was paying 1600 a year for basic full comprehensive and 11 grand agreed value with them before switching to modified cover and a higher agrreed value,

Im now paying $2200 a year , full modified coverage with a current aggreed value of 18 grand . 27 yo , and 1 year away from being rating 1 for life
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the suggestion Stu. Unfortunately I've tried Shannons, and they won't cover me unless my car is garaged, so Just Cars is my only option. I couldn't really justify $2k for insurance anyway. Luckily Just Cars is only $1200, which I guess is saving me a bit every year Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony , thts bad news about the response , hopefully youll have a place to keep her locked up eventually

Remember though , my quote from shannons isnt for standard cover ..

ive got alot of extras whacked on it to cover the modifications ive made ( like the computer + engine , the bodywork , the suspension etc ) , and i also pushed them for a higher agreed value - so it bumped up the figure from about 1900 a year , to over 2 grand ..
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheap dump pipe for 3S-GTE on ebay atm if anyone is interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Down-pipe-MR2-celica-gt4-19 90-93_W0QQitemZ4580564964QQcategoryZ50140QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been watching those cheap dump pipes on ebay for a while now, anyone actually use one? I have heard from some people that they are shit, some other people say they are decent.
For ~$199 as opposed to $500+, I am wondering if they are worthwhile.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 12:00

sikx5 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 22:29

I replaced my O2 sensor recently, as I discovered it wasn't working properly (didn't show up on error codes but). It now seems to be running much leaner than before. No more plumes of black smoke at high revs, & much better fuel consumption. Half a tank on the run to Bathurst & back on the weekend (350km) was pretty good. Haven't run a full tank to measure consumption yet.

On another topic, I rang Just Cars to update some details today. Damn I hate insurance. After 20 mins on the phone there was no way I could convince them higher than $13k agreed value even with low kays, despite me mentioning that at least 2 other people with the same car insured with them have agreed values way higher than that. Even going through the whole 'rare, collectable, this a group A' explanations. Plus, they've changed the excesses on all GT4s to $1200 (used to be $900, or $1200 for theft).

Tony, how much did the 02 cost you? Genuine Toyota or aftermarket? Did you follow the BGB procedure to test it?
My car is using ridiculous amounts of fuel and the 02 sensor is something else I'm trying to eliminate as a cause.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 11 October 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these guys also sell the ebay dump pipes..
http://www.monstaperformance.com
but i've never dealt with them so couldnt say how good/reliable they are.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally got the bonnet sorted. I knew these things got hot under there but when you see the heat haze at the traffic lights its no wonder the cam covers used to melt off the Grp A 165's!

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/23.JPG

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/21.JPG

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/22.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 01:35]

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolutely wicked!
find me a 205 halfcut and ill take out a loan, god damn.

dude when u gona take that beast to the track or at least a dyno?!?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking fantastic Kyoto - cant wait to see it in the flesh Smile

that bonnet came out much better than i thought it was , and you;; definantly notice an improvement cooling wise under there ..

Did you manage to get the little fevent to sit right and hook down onto th cam cover , or did you have to make something up ..

If you need to see how its done from the factory - ill be glad to show you on mine when i get it back Smile

PS , next step - get some hot rims on her , and it will def. get the best 165 vote from me Smile
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That bonnet scoop has already ran a 12 sec qtr mile Laughing imagine how quick it will go on a lighter GT4 Shocked

Definitly time for some rims..... Im thinking 16" white wheels. 17" look out of place for some reason on a 165.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments. I haven't bothered with the cam duct just yet, though i prolly will when i get some more time.

Defintely agree with the rims comments, already got some (5x114.3) 16" P1s which i might get some hub adaptors for, but that will require rolling/lipping the guards. Dunno if i can be bothered, though the alternative i'd look at are TE37s which are considerably more expensive. Dunno what i'll do. Glad to have the fecker back on the road to tell you the truth!

After rims, it needs coilovers then the bugger is done for good!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome KYOTO! The bonnet came up great! Wink
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah!! good stuff there Kyoto! Looks great

I love how you build up the vent too, so its a hump, very nice, not just slapped on a ordinary flat bonnet.

Very Happy
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate that looks awesome, looks factory fitted!
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bonnet scoop looks awesome man. nice st165 Very Happy

I wanna try putting some vents onto my bonnet now!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who did the work on the bonnet and how much did it end up costing ya?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for the comments guys. Nice to see the effort and cost has been worthwhile. Work was done by a guy named Ange who is the in house panel beater at Toyospares. He takes his time (about 2 months!) but in retrospect im glad, the results speak for themselves.

I bought Puffy's vent for $200 and then the panel work/painting cost me $1,050. The bonnet pins were about $30 from memory. Unfortunately for me i have put so much money into the car thus far that selling it isn't really an option, so i've adopted a "spare no expense policy". I just keep telling myself that over-capitalisation doesn't exist as long as you never dispose of the asset! Wink

There are a couple more bits and pieces i have lying around waiting to be fitted. It's still running the original clutch the 205 donor car came with from the showroom floor so i've ordered a stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel combo. I have an Aussie 3" DP and midpipe from the old motor waiting to be fitted and will look into a decent EBC but apart from that the only mod its running is a pod filter, 2.5" cat back system, and short shift kit. When all your friends have already been OS a number of times im getting fairly sick of cars. Just wanna spend some time in the bloody thing, its off the road so often...

PS: if anyone is itnerested in an brand new 165 lightweight flywheel i have one thats of no use to me.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read the bit about " spare no expense " policy

I Crossed this when my engine blew the HG to bits , and things kept falling into my lap , like forged pistons , and st205 gearboxes ..

So far bar 2 mishaps its been worth it ..

the bank account hates me - but at least i kknow stuff is done right , the first time
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks really good KYOTO

Any thoughts on what my car should put out on the dyno on Friday?

Its basically stock except for a 3" cat back exhaust (I think) and clipped turbo.
The turbo is using oil and has some shaft play.

I get this done on Friday then I pull the turbo off on the weekend and send it off to be rebuilt and hi flowed :)then reinstalled with a nice shiny Aussie HPC coated dump pipe and mid and 3" for the rest of the system
Then it will go back on the rollers for another reading Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 11:57]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my guess - somewhere between 110 - 120 ..

seems to be the figure of regularity before people start uppig boost beyond 12psi and installing fancy computers and stuff
Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all. I'm in need of some help. I've come into possession of a 1989 ST165 needing some new bearings in the engine. I was wondering if anyone knows the parts number for the mains and big end bearings.

It's a JDM model brought to the UK and hopefully on its way to Oz next year.

Thanks,
Chris.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, 1000$ is alot, i had no idea it would be so much.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now correct me if im wrong but if you go genuine you really need to have the crank out first as theres no set " set " of bearings that line up - each have numbers - ie 1 2 3 or 4 according to the size or something

I vaguely recall being told this when i had my engine rebuilt

I know you can get King bearings to suit but im not sure if they regrind to suit , or match the numbers needed ..

Its a wierd one mate - sorry to be vague but im positive i remember something along this line..

** ps im on really good sleepy drugs atm - so i may not even know what im on about right this moment **
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i pulled 115kw with something like 12 psi, 3" DP+CP/hi-flo cat to 2.5" cat back, and TRD filter. It was pig rich and misfiring though so depending on the model of GT4 and condition, i'd agree that Stu's guesstimate is pretty accurate.

Carsanactra Before you go investing in Aussie stuff and hybrid CT's ask yourself what sort of gains you want. If i had my time again on the original motor i would have saved more money and waited till i could afford an aftermarket turbo/manifold combo. Much better bang for your buck but depends on how far you wanna go. Generally though once you get a bit more power you quickly get bored and want more!

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 13:14]

Chrisso
Regular

August 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 12 October 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Stu. Just had a shop over here finally get back to me, and they said the same thing. Looks like this could be a 2 weekend job.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol kyoto, i didnt say anything about hybrid Ct's or aussie stuff. i said 1000$ was expensive, hahah.

but im sorta at the same place a the moment. im gona spend about $2500 on suspension, and dont know whether to leave it at that and get a new car eventually, or do up the gt4. and if i do up the gt4, wether to do teh 205 swap which will cost about 7-8k! or just do a little bit to teh standard engine.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:01

guys the price i got for the ST185 Whiteline Works Kit is $1600+gst. that doesnt include the bump stops or the control arm bushes but i've ordered those aswell.

Ummmm.. so what happened to the $870? Rolling Eyes
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 11:51

Heres a Gt4 history video Very Happy ..26mb

http://www.celica.net/videos/Rally/gt4-rally-histo ry.mpg.mpeg

Nice find Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took my ST205 to the drags last night - consistant 13.5's with 1.9 60' times from standard motor running factory 10psi and full street trim, quite pleased with it.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of economy are people getting, im not convinced mine is all that good, I get about 450km off 55 litres.

which of course is about 12 per 100km Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 04:39]

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Chris,

I've been monitoring my economy lately and I've been getting consistent low 11's (11.3ish litres per 100km). That is with pretty easy driving and plenty of 80-100km/h stuff.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty,

Im not sure if I should be worried or not. Fuel consumption was a lot better pre-rebuild, but compression was shit and power was much lower. Not sure just seemed strange cos i would have thought low compression probably didn't help the economy.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clg , thats awsome
congrats on those times.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 14:38

What sort of economy are people getting, im not convinced mine is all that good, I get about 450km off 55 litres.

which of course is about 12 per 100km Confused

I'm getting about 350km, from full until the light comes on...so probably around 50-55L too.
I need to look into this, its fucken costing me too much Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got between 11 and 12 normally

its a turbo perfomance car - its never going to be a fruvilous corolla ..

expect above 10 to be normal - but anything higher than 13 - well - theres something amiss there - most idssues seem to come wuith cars that either have had no mods , Ie o2 sensor wearing out or AFM issues , or ones that have been played about with , with piggyback boost controllers and FCD's etc set up wrong ..

Thats what ive noticed anyway - Does your car fall into either of these ?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS - My car runs again - as some of you may no - no damage to clutch or flywheel or bellhousing ..

Seeing i cant drive for another week ( due to illness ) - ive left it with the engineer .. It Shall return - FINALLY - with a full set of St205 Rotors and calipers on every corner !

w00t! Shocked

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 08:41]

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 12:02

BlackGT4 wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:01

Ummmm.. so what happened to the $870? Rolling Eyes

Ummm.. i never said $870
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i said 870, but thats just for springs and shocks.
im not sure if that was with tax or without, but im pretty sure it was without. that was also for st165 not 185.

hye black gt4, i ordered my works kit today too, and i got he bumpstops as extras. gona cost around 1900 Sad

fark!
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger it.lol
i ordered mine on tuesday.
the main reason i decided to order it was because i know how much it will add to the car, and the overall results have be proven to be good as well.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi every one

Im pulling my turbo off this weekend and I would like any helpful hints in how to do this.

I will be pulling the radiator and intercooler out and I had someone suggest pulling the aircon compressor out, and I was thinking about taking the alternator out as well.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers
Jono

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 12:07]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 18:34

It Shall return - FINALLY - with a full set of St205 Rotors and calipers on every corner !

w00t! Shocked

Good to hear there was no damage but Damn you and your rear st205 brake setup on your hot GT4 Cool
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YGT04A wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 22:06

Hi every one

Im pulling my turbo off this weekend and I would like any helpful hints in how to do this.

I will be pulling the radiator and intercooler out and I had someone suggest pulling the aircon compressor out, and I was thinking about taking the alternator out as well.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers
Jono

This is something I will have to do shortly, so I have been looking for similar info. I found this article http://www.celicagtfour.com/turbo_swop.htm which looks pretty good. Also there is some info in the BGB (available online) for removing the turbo.

Good luck with it and let us know how you go! BTW - who's doing your hi-flow and what is the approx cost?
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 18:04

Tony, how much did the 02 cost you? Genuine Toyota or aftermarket? Did you follow the BGB procedure to test it?
My car is using ridiculous amounts of fuel and the 02 sensor is something else I'm trying to eliminate as a cause.

I bought a genuine Denso one from oxygensensors.com
Was about $150 including postage (better than the $260 quoted by Toyota, and which would have to be ordered from Japan).
Yeah, I followed the BGB procedure.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 13 October 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
YGT04A wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 22:06

Hi

It's all in my Hanes manual. Come pick it up tonight, it should help you plenty.
Pages (23): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:24:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011928796768188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.