Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » External oil drain from head to block on smallport?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Tue, 11 October 2005 10:23 Go to next message
Hey all. I'm building a 4agte with a smallport block with a bigport head and i know i have to block off the oil drain as the bigport head doesn't have it. Just want to check that this thingy is it? (cheers to witzl for the piccy)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3139/oildrainonblock9cx.jpg

Thanks dudes.

Eddie.
  Send a private message to this user    
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Tue, 11 October 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yar that is it.

Hows the convo going?

Jezza
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Tue, 11 October 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the confirmation Jezza.

I'm contemplating scrapping my entire manifold setup and making a new one from scratch Laughing I've realised my turbo's the limiting factor so im looking to upgrade. Evil or Very Mad Problem is... the turbo i want is more commonly found in a t25/28 flange. I know i can chop/change housings but i'm not very familiar with turbo trickery and don't want to stuff it up.

I've also had a slight setback with my brake setup so i'm back to the drawing board for that one Sad

Eddie.
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you mean the bigport head doesnt have it!!!
Mine does!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d-shiznit wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 10:27

What do you mean the bigport head doesnt have it!!!
Mine does!

Hmm that's odd.... is yours a GZE by any chance? Perhaps they came out with the drain? I just checked the bigport in my car and definately no drain.

Eddie
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh my God!!!

I just realised that I was sold a smallport head and was told it was a bigport head!!!!

I apologise! Embarassed Embarassed Sorry!

Now I guess I gotta pull the head off again... or get a smallport cut and shut manifold Confused

Interesting thing is that the rwd bigport manifold actually bolts to the smallport head.

Thanks for this thread... otherwise it would have taken me longer to realise!!

How are you going to block your drain?

And btw if you're looking for a t2 flanged exhaust manifold, try Club4ag forums. I got a brand new hks cast manifold pretty cheap.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d-shiznit wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 11:58

Interesting thing is that the rwd bigport manifold actually bolts to the smallport head.

How are you going to block your drain?

And btw if you're looking for a t2 flanged exhaust manifold, try Club4ag forums. I got a brand new hks cast manifold pretty cheap.

The intake mani does physically bolt onto the head but the ports would be completely screwed. I've got a pic that'll show it... i'll post it up when i get home.

I'll prolly just use a bolt with some loctite or thread sealer to block the hole.

Thanks for the tip about the mani as well. Do you remember who you bought yours off? Was it just a one-off or does he make them regularly?

Eddie.

d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the ports don't match up.
Interesting because a cut and shut fwd manifold might flow better as they have 4 fat runners rather than the bigport's 8 small runners...

The manifold is made by hks. You can get it in Australia for over $500 from memory.
I paid AU$400 to my door.
They come up pretty ofen in the Parts for Sale section on club4ag, as they can't be used in LHD applications... hits the brake master cylinder or something.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bigport has the drain,only because i drilled and tapped it.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3843/4a23rd.th.jpg

i havnt seen a bigport with a drain.
mick
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beautiful!!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Wed, 12 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good Mick!

Here is that pic with the small/bigport comparison. The intake is a bigport one... the gasket on it is for a smallport. The bolt holes all line up but as you can see, flow to the head would be seriously screwed.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5986/tvis0164ak.th.jpg

Eddie.
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Thu, 13 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not just a drain..most ppl belive it's a good crank case breather also..maybe plug it up to a catch can? but yeh..most ppl block them off..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: External oil drain from head to block on smallport? Thu, 13 October 2005 13:17 Go to previous message
The external oil drain is pretty useful, keeps the head nice and lubricated. When i unblocked mine on the spoonter it smelt somewhat less oily.

Anyway if anyone wants a cut and shut smallport RWD mani i have one fs:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83611&rid=2739&S=e3a8847e97e9d285ed97fb4 2ee99df6c&pl_view=&start=0#msg_790476
May as well pimp it in here.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:pedal boxes
Next Topic:Microtech tuner in brisbane
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 14:53:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048918724060059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.