Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 11:28 Go to next message
http://www.carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0 ,8269,16905379%255E21822,00.html

how fucking cool is it, gotta hand it to them in terms of concept cars they always come up trumps against the rest of the aussie manufacturer's at the Motorshow.

Quote:

The 480kw monster show car pays tribute to the 1953 FJ, but is far beyond that car in terms of power and sophistication. Whereas the 1953 model maxed out at 45kW of power, this 480kW reincarnation has a 6 litre Chevrolet Corvette engine and features a supercharger which gives it, according to Holden chairman and managing director Denny Mooney, about as much power as a V8 Supercar.

But Mooney said this car will not see production any time soon.

"This car is about pure fun. It's about emotion. It's about imagination," he said.

"It shows what designers can do when you let them loose."

The car appears on the Holden stand on the show in glittering purple paintwork and sleek, very long, 5.2m lines.
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seen it on the news...

AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And under all that bogan rice (chrome) it's still probably live axle and pushrods.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
live axle and pushrods?

my car is live axle, and as EVERYONE on this forum will agree, the AE86 is the best car ever made, ever.

and there's nothing wrong with pushrods, I prefer pull-rods, but anything is better than that garbage live axle crap in those stupid pole magnet sprinters!

oh and by the way, i was being sarcastic
Laughing
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see much imagination put into this at all really.

Sure they claim it's based on the FJ holden, but really to me it looks like a combination of several rod time American beauties.

I don't mind the look but claiming that the got that from just an FJ holden is just too outlandish for me.

It also needs the roof chopped at least 2 inches Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its an old style peice of turd with an LS2, lets jump for joy and pray its banished from this world as suddenly as it arose.

Eldar.O.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what a load of shit... Hot rod builder have been doing better for years...

yay.. they came up trumps against.... fords, magnas and camry's? what other crap is made here...

woodefeckinhoo.....
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont get it?

Concept cars are supposed to highlight the possible future direction of your company.

And for this Holden has decided to modify a 50year old design and then slap in various hotrod designs over the years and then finally top it off with another high litre american engine?

I wouldve been impressed if this was Holdens concept car in 1955.

The product is awesome, but all you need to do is look to the American Hot-rod scene over the last 20years for cars that are even better.

I mean really... looking to the past as a concept is nothing new for holden.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 22:49]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Holden FJ concept Thu, 13 October 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is NOT a concept car by any stretch of the imagination.
QUOTE:
gotta hand it to them in terms of concept cars they always come up trumps against the rest of the aussie manufacturer's at the Motorshow.

I dont see any original ideas in this car at all. Sure, its a hot rod builders dream, but thats all it is, a hot rod. For a group of designers with the purse strings of australias biggest motor corporation behind them, i would liked to see a bit more than just some custom made lights and panels that could be a copy of about 100 other sleds in the states.

Your a Holden fan through and through aren't you Rona Wink
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Holden FJ concept Fri, 14 October 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not a holden fan anymore, but to say this car is shit ... erm well ok ... just because it is not Toyota? Confused

It looks bloody awesome and it looks like a ton of work has gone into it, hell I know if I owned it I would not be dissapointed.

BTW on the subject of concepts Very Happy

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2794/supraconcept4je.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/401/supraconcept24fh.jpg

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Holden FJ concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a group of designers with the purse strings of australias biggest motor corporation behind them

Pretty sure you ment to say Americans, or worlds biggest? I still don't know if Toyota have surpassed GM yet or not. (it's not a question of if they will, but when)

Good find there driftspec! i'm gonna have to steal these and start another thread lol. Just incase ppl haven't seen it in this thread.(i'll let you have take the credit just this once.)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Holden FJ concept Fri, 14 October 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean to say the car looks great......

but for a mainstream car, it's crap...

and the hot-rod community will not accept it either, because it's not built on a hot-rod style chassis (so could probably not even be registered as a hot-rod.. since the administer their own rego rules Razz )

you think they could have done something a little more imaginative....]

but i would still accept it if i was given it for free Razz
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Holden FJ concept Fri, 14 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another pointless concept.

can any1 say "Toranna remake"?
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: Holden FJ concept Fri, 14 October 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling, i've heard that toyota in the US have offered to help out GM and Ford because they are doing so badly. search for something on the topic and you should find I believe a link to the press release was on this board a while ago?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Holden FJ concept Sat, 15 October 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that latest supra concept thing , even if photoshopped looks the goods ..

now the FJ - yeah - Corvette shassis - fiberglass panels over the top - it looks nice but whoopdedoo .. Chrysler prowler did this too

as the guys said - rod makers have been doing better for years , using the real car as basis ..

Its a bit like the monaro - - yeah lets lower the roof , whack two doors off a commodore and call it a monaro .. theres nothing TRUELY awe inspiring in either ..

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Holden FJ concept Sat, 15 October 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another example was the HRT 427 coupe .

yes it was basically a supercar ready to go like the old big banger days - but after having a look at it very closely - my GOD was it put together crap .. It was still just a commodore with a big motor , and a few extras whacked on

none of the panels fitted flush , the bumper on the front was esque , you could see where stuff had just been slapped in ..

About the only real exciting concepts ive seen , have been that toyota sportivo attepmt " designed by todays youth for what they would like "

HA like any of them could afford , or insure a car that was AWD or turbocharged for starters .

The Ford GT ( retro Gt40 ) was another wow factor - fair enough it had strong hintings of the old gt40 but it was a car of its own and ended up being made

The ferrari F40 when it was at the motorshow blew me away - it was the first real supercar of supercars that i had a chance to see close up ..

Stuff like that rarely gets out here though .. were too far away for the real showstioppers to come out ..

Were priveleged in years past to have had the ford Gt, and porsche carrara GT for 2 examples , instead of tarted up standard everysay run of the mill family cars we see all the time

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Holden FJ concept Sun, 16 October 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but at least the 427 coupe was a realistic concept and with some refinement could have been a right goer!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Holden FJ concept Sun, 16 October 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new torana was half decent, new chassis, pretty much new motor with two turbs slapped on the side of her, made quite a splash.

this thing is just ugly in every sense of the word, and its not ugly-like-subarus-new-grilles, its ugly-like-horse-shit.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Holden FJ concept Sun, 16 October 2005 23:19 Go to previous message
My point is this Holden will always have a car whether it be purely for show or an actual concept to draw attention at every motorshow. They are also very successful at stealing ford's and other lime light, ie Mitsubishi 380, BF Falcon or EFIJY which one would you prefer to go have a look at (the current Monaro was the same year as the AU falcon).

Toyota's biggest draw card is the rally corolla and sometimes a Lemans car the biggest australian drawcard being the Supercharged camry that has been round before slap me silly but I tell you which stand I'd rather be going to.

Whether you like it or not you'd have to agree, for its designed purpose attracting ppl and media to the holden stand it has worked.

The other thing is its actually produced in house which majority of ford's concept or show cars aren't aka the Hillier Coupe a couple years back.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Would a 4AG fit in a Mini?
Next Topic:Sydney motorshow and Toyota
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:04:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055451393127441 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.