Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
4AC conversion Thu, 15 April 2004 06:38 Go to next message
just got a free engine (4ac)and want to put it in my ke70. need some help. what would be the best gearbox and before every1 says why bother drive around in a 4k for 5 years

mr ke70
  Send a private message to this user    
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4AC conversion Thu, 15 April 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

u'll have to find a 4ac rolla at a wreckers n get all the gear

find out if ur box will fit up n use that cause t50 uses hydralic clutch so youll have to source all the stuff. also will your 4k flywheel bolt up to 4ac...

u might have to get a 4ac rolla crossmember and engine mounts i dont think that the 4k ones are the same

ull need to do a lil research
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AC conversion Thu, 15 April 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the power upgrade would be VERY minimal compared to the effort put it. but if your keen, you will need a crossmember from either an AE71 corolla or AE86 sprinter, then you will need a T50 box.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4AC conversion Thu, 15 April 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your goin to do something, do it properly.

Dude seriously yust get a GE you will go to all the hassle of puttin in a 4A-C and gain about 8Kw's put in a GE gain 58Kw's

FLOGBAG is right you need a crossmember from a AE-71/86
T-50 at least. (expensive). go for a W series box if your eventually goin for a GE
hydralic clutch setup
not sure which side of the engine the exhaust manifold comes out of but may need an exhaust
Wiring should be easy (changing carbie to carbie)

I ve gone from a 100Kw AE-71 PV (quickish) to stock MX-73 (very slow). Just put up with the slowness for a bit longer and save for the GE it will be worth it trust me!!

Anyway dude good luck with whatever you do.

Cheers
Richad
lostdrift
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: 4AC conversion Thu, 13 October 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy i'm a proud owner of a 1983 rolla,i just got it last friday and need some help on upgrading it to tip top shape,the car is a mess but i'm not gonna give it up without a fight,so plz,somebody anybody help me....plzzzzzzz
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 4AC conversion Thu, 13 October 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I like the internet too.

While you are to be applauded for your use of the search, it is most important to realise that search results may be drawn from old threads posted months or years before.

In most cases, posting in old dead threads and 'resurrecting' them to the top of the thread listing is frustrating to regular users and tends to create more 'noise' to distract from active current topics. Even worse is resurrecting a thread with an inane contribution which does not significantly contribute to the topic of discussion.

Furthermore, use of google (www.google.com) to explore basic fundamentals of the topic of interest before posting questions is recommended. Specific and informed questions tend to encourage more useful responses from other message board users, which contribute positively to the general knowledge base.

Hope this helps.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 14:59]

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AC conversion Fri, 14 October 2005 07:41 Go to previous message
so subtle Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:please delete thread
Next Topic:18r 22r