Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 03:24 Go to next message
i need help with my idle control motor. it was never plugged in and i have a Haltech E6A ECu , which has 4 wires for idle control motor

and the idle control motor itself only need 3 wires. I need to know which pin is for what i.e. idle 1, idle 2, ground etc.. on the idle control motor. Pics, diagrams, descriptions would be useful.

if anyone can help me it'd be really helpful.

Thankssss
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a GZE bigport with MAP .. if it helps..

bump!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
afaik, the 3 wires are for common 12V, and then two wires which are PWM switched to ground by the ECU....

can check by testing the resistance between the wires... two pairs will be equal, and the third double?
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 13:45

afaik, the 3 wires are for common 12V, and then two wires which are PWM switched to ground by the ECU....

can check by testing the resistance between the wires... two pairs will be equal, and the third double?

can you elaborate further? i'm not too clear on where u're going..

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGZE ISCV has 3 wires coming out of it. One is connected to +12V, the other two are the controls. Earthing one opens the valve completely, earthing the other closes the valve completely.

One way to run it is to use a reasonable frequency (about 40Hz sticks in my mind, but may be wrong) PWM (pulse width modulated) signal which grounds one wire and then the other. Changing the duty cycle of the PWM signal changes your idle speed.

Or your Haltech may support a two wire system like the ZE uses. Read the manual for it.

And there is a good AE92 ZE wiring diagram in the techdocs here or at club4ag.com

Hen

PS, if any of the above terms are unfamiliar, please do some research before asking.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ISCV has two internal coils. they are joined so there is one 12V power wire.

the other two wires are connected to the ECU, and the ECU grond the wires intermittently (by pulse width modulation) to control the power going to each coil, which controls the position of the thingy...

since you have two coils, conected together and thre wires, by using resistance measurements, you can work out which wore goes where....
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys for the tips..

and yea i figured it out. Just use a multimeter to test the thing.

which wire does what from the ECU, got that figured

now i need to know where this wire goes in the idle control motor. 3 pins..and no indication of where the positive supposed to go, where the 2 earths are supposed to be.

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woo hoo..

i've got it

thanks for your support everyone

cheerss
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An E6A won't control a 3 wire idle motor. The only way to get it to work will be to fit a 4 wire motor (Commodore or Camira).
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true...

that extra wire.... argh...

no way around it eh...

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm.. i'm just using 1, 2 and 3... leave the 4th out..

i thought about the commodore ICM.. doesn't fit into a GZE.. but the 1, 2 and 3 does provide 12V positive and 2 negatives..

i'll update when i try it out...

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesn't work...

not enough PWM outputs..

argh.. i don't suppose anyone's every managed to chuck on a GM holden commodore or camira idle control motor to a 4A-Gze engine?

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could use one of the generic ford ones.. it has hose connections.. easy to implement
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i'll do is pull out the idle control from the GZE.. and go to ford and holden wreckers to see if they have something similar with a 4 pin configuration.

I'm hoping they all look similar and i don't have very much to do to make it fit..

this should be the right step ya?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Thu, 13 October 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a PITA to make work.

The E6A won't control a single wire idle motor either, so the Ford one is out (I tried it with my E6K, and it sucked anyway).

If you get a Camira one, you can get a housing from Haltech, then you have to fit hoses before and after your throttle body - This had teh advantage that the plug fits straight in, but, it isn't cheap. http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?manuf acturers_id=10&products_id=192

I picked up a V6 Commodore throttle body and cut the idle motor part out of it and attached pipes for hoses to that, it isn't pretty, but, for $75 + a bit of work, I'm fairly happy with it.

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4A-GZE IDLE CONTROL LOOM WIRING Fri, 14 October 2005 18:32 Go to previous message
Ben Wilson wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 08:08

It's a PITA to make work.

The E6A won't control a single wire idle motor either, so the Ford one is out (I tried it with my E6K, and it sucked anyway).

If you get a Camira one, you can get a housing from Haltech, then you have to fit hoses before and after your throttle body - This had teh advantage that the plug fits straight in, but, it isn't cheap. http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?manuf acturers_id=10&products_id=192

I picked up a V6 Commodore throttle body and cut the idle motor part out of it and attached pipes for hoses to that, it isn't pretty, but, for $75 + a bit of work, I'm fairly happy with it.

i've asked haltech as well about it and they've told me to get a GM idle control motor to make it fit. the GZE has a very funny shaped idle control motor, so fabrication is quite impossible. it's like a square and a circle, never going to work. I might just leave it out and idle it higher (1000 RPM) so i won't need the idle control.

My mechanic says a different thing though, he's testing ways to amke the idle control motor fit because haltech's 4 wires have 2 positive and 2 earths.. but i'm not sure if he can pull it off.

will update when anything happens.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MK3 horn very urgent
Next Topic:3k-b twin carbys
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:09:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043058395385742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.