Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:08 Go to next message
pretty sure this is right,

this is the session i am most likely to attend so far, so i wonder what my excuse will be this time.

need a helmet and steering wheel spacer, probably one of them.

whos coming? whos entering? whos cheering?
  Send a private message to this user    
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might tag along for a look see.
could be interesting to get some ideas for the car I picked up today
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wombat, spectator entry is 10 bucks, can't really go wrong.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wombat wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:41

I might tag along for a look see.
could be interesting to get some ideas for the car I picked up today

Hey Wombat,

What car did you pick up today?

I should have my LSD rear end in by then so i reckon the 4AC will need some more punishment,

Should be good!

Jezza
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:08

need a helmet and steering wheel spacer, probably one of them.

Helmet: $70 THH open face from almost any motorbike shop
Spacer: Get in touch, I have a ~50mm chunk of alloy perfect for this sitting around.

I'll probably be there too.

Hen
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 04 October 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want a closed face, as i want to keep my teeth and can stick a funny mouth with teeth sticker on it. Clayton got one for 100, which i think is pretty good, if i buy the same color then we can drive one car and pretend to be the same person Laughing just hope they come in "huge" sizes.

chunk of alloy you say? is it round? what diameter? by my calculations, 2 inches would bring the wheel back to the standard position, i was going to aim for 3 inches but anything would be better than what i'm using now.

devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my headgasket is in the right way, and seems like i haven't completely fucked anything up - so I be entering unless something dodgy i've done to my car in the past and forgotten about fails suddenly.

my advice... if it rains... don't be a spectator, enter your car no matter what it is... at least you won't get wet but you will have fun!

jezza, hope your lsd finds its way in your car in time... i hope my locked diff is still locked...

wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picked up another Ke-20. makes 3 now. this one is becoming a replica of my dads old Rally car, with a few extra bits and piece. Keeping the 3k, but I have a manual on how to make it into a full race spec engine. so hopefully a little gusto out of the tiny thing. but I was also thinking of setting it up for a little drift action. of course I need to learn how to drift properly first.
I race under 2 litre sports sedan, but that's completely different to drifting.

Yeah $10 can't go wrong really.
You'll have to let me know what cars you guys have so I can come up and say hi
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wombat wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 18:26

I race under 2 litre sports sedan, but that's completely different to drifting.

I think you may be suprised. If you know how to control a car and aren't scared by a bit of oversteer then it really is a big benefit.

I'm biased though, I think everyone should get out there and give it a go... also just imagine the S13 guys:
"That little thing's great, what turbo does it run?"
"None"
"And how big is the engine?"
"1.1 litre"
"No shit, well you must've got some big cams in it then"
"Well, maybe one big cam"

Hen
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devolutio wrote on Wed, 05 October 2005 17:52

my advice... if it rains... don't be a spectator, enter your car no matter what it is... at least you won't get wet but you will have fun!

jezza, hope your lsd finds its way in your car in time... i hope my locked diff is still locked...

I used the same advice as you on myself and yeah LSD maybe.......If not...I need rain and a welder.

Wombat: I am in a very low blue sprinter with superlights on it. If I am indeed not in the car and perhaps walking around, I am big, have blond hair and generally looking more scary the more I rug up!

Come on out.

Jezza
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is similar to Rallystanza's,

except most of the paint has fallen off and its not low.

I am tall (though not as tall as henn, but then nobody is) will most likely be wearing a desert cammo hooded jacket, and like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners. Laughing

devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by "if it rains" i mean, you really want to be in a car... i was there spectating last time and we got absolutely soaked! at least i would have been dry if my car was running.

my car is a sprinter (surprise!) which is light green in colour, low, has more paint that shinybluesteel, but less than rallystanza, and i'll just be looking tough in general.

(edit) i'm a non smoker who enjoys outdoor activities and the internet.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2005 13:02]

Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 05 October 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does it work if you enter?

I assume you pay your cash money and que your cars up and take turns on the track.

What safety gear you gotta have?

Not really intrested in practicing (YET.... Rolling Eyes )
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 06 October 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to enter you just rock up to the gate and ask for one to practice, should cost 80 bucks.

Then you drive through to scrutineering which is near the tire bloke + fuel pumps. they check to see if theirs anything loose inside your car and if your cars leaking like a siv and your baterys clamped down, basicly their very lenient.

after that you can goto pits and do whatever u like to ur car.
once you got your car sorted out you can goto either the beginers section which is at the end of the main straight or the main track.

saftey stuff = Long sleeve shirt + pants, helmet, no loose or sharp objects in the car and umm thats it
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 07 October 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks.
now I know what cars you drive, I can come up and say hi. I guess now I also know what your into...which is kinda scarey. No more long walks for me.

I'm a bigish guy 6 foot tall short brown hair, and if it ain't raining I'll be the fool in shorts.

but sounds good.
I'm with you Henn.
"Well one cam, and some carbies"

How cool a responce is that to "Do you have a fully sick turbo Mate?".

Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 07 October 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys.
Do they still have the beginners section down the back?
I don't think i want to be on the main track first time out.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 07 October 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turdinator wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 08:58

Hi Guys.
Do they still have the beginners section down the back?

Yeah mate they still have that.

The more the merrier!

Come on out.

Jezza
Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Sat, 08 October 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet. I need to make a few minor mods but i hopefuly i'll be ready by Wed. Should be a laugh. Thinking of ricing the car up. Just for the night. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
I'll be the TA22 with a real bad black paint job and a GT wing.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Sat, 08 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its about time a first gen celica got out there, hope you can make it!
Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Mon, 10 October 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all pivots on whether i can get my spare diff welded tonight. Fingers crossed.
If its wet i'll be out there regardless.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Mon, 10 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i bring my twinky? Confused
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend and i are all set to make the trek from ballarat to calder to give it a whirl. im driving my 4age spontah and he is driving his turbo starion Smile
Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't get my diff done in time and it don't look like raining so i'll just be a spectator again. Sad Hopefully next time...
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got spacer made, not pretty but seems to work.

got helmet, too expensive but it fits. needs stickers Rolling Eyes

got diff

should be fun!

i'll look out for the starion, should be a few spritners out there.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my sprinter will be in the pits, parked with a awesome engine and a single spinner diff.

So yeah, Diff aint ready, cash aint flowing.

Will be there to specdate. Me and Shtocky should be there, just look for the 2 guys with their scrotes and knobs scraping on the ground, thats us.....pretty hard to miss.

Any how,

See y'all there,

Jezza
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didn't see any 'scrotes and knobs' - but i wasn't looking.

anyone who witnessed me driving tonight, please donate to the 'give devo shock absorbers fund'.

thanks
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

when i go to work tomorrow i'm going to put foam on the plastic strip i kept banging my helmet into.

put a nice dent under my car, didnt manage to complete the noobs corner but had some fun along the way.

wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys. that was very entertaining tonight. was worth the $10.

So who were the guys in the sprinters? one looked kinda brownish, and one was blueish.

couldn't tell to well from up on the hill in the dark.

but overall good night.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devo, just remembered, for the fronts, drain out existing oil in wet leg and replace with diff oil. Voila, "heavy duty" shocks for $20, and not dodgy at all.

I was in the brown Sprinter. Had fun with some big entries, but felt I was doing better at the start of the night than at the end. Scored a $30 gift voucher and 4 litres of oil for coming second though... just about replaces the oil I would have leaked/burnt during the night.

And Jezza, sorry if you or Shtocky were injured, I ran over something down the main straight and I now realise what it must have been. Ouch.

Hen
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 00:03

Devo, just remembered, for the fronts, drain out existing oil in wet leg and replace with diff oil. Voila, "heavy duty" shocks for $20, and not dodgy at all.
Hen

if it isn't dodgy at all then i'm not doing it!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Wed, 12 October 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can use the oil i drained out of my diff when the LSD went in, thats pretty dodgy?

just strain it before you tip it in.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to meet some guys from toymods there, was heaps o' fun. well worth the 1hr drive up and back from ballarat Very Happy

gonna swap the front tyres for oldies as well next time, didn't realise they would scub that much.

and DEFINATELY bring a normal car jack... those wind up emergency ones = teh suck
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 00:03

And Jezza, sorry if you or Shtocky were injured, I ran over something down the main straight and I now realise what it must have been. Ouch.

Hen

Absolute gold mate!

Don't worry about me I was wearing a helmet on each item. But mate, you should see shtocky, he has swolen up like a baboons arse on heat.

Well done to all who were out there.

Twas Hektik,

Jezza

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no kidding on the front tyres, i think mine have mad flat sopts on them as well as the feathered edges.

need to learn to do it properly
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 11:07

no kidding on the front tyres, i think mine have mad flat sopts on them as well as the feathered edges.

It was all the mad skill Mr. Plow (understeering) that you boys were doing!

Was good to watch.

Jezza
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rallystanza wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 12:10

shinybluesteel wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 11:07

It was all the mad skill Mr. Plow (understeering) that you boys were doing!

Was good to watch.

Jezza

Yer, you boys sure kept jezza and i entertained, good on yas for being out there

Cheers
Shtock

P.S My balls are on ice now, damn u henn!!!!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did i get any to work at all? it nearly all felt like garbage from inside the car.

need to do the flick a bit harder, but i chickened out a bit after i slammed the ripple strip.

gotta try the handbrake a bit more too. next time!

just checked my tyres, no flat spots unless i parked on them.
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldnt attend this month.
I was Mr plow last month Very Happy
Have to really kick that clutch.
[AE86]
Regular

October 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 13 October 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man it would've been good to see this..
was on calder all day for the track open day.
left around 5pm.. was too tired to stick around.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 14 October 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was good to watch. It hurt inside not being able to actually be back on the track again Sad ..... but all in due time.

The craziest car award would have to go to the Chasers 180sx.
That thing is unbelieveily loud! And back fires like crazy! Sounded like chinese new year eveytime it went past!

Oh and did any get a chance to see the interiour on the black 180 with the v-mount setup? If your into stripping your car, this car is inspirational! Bar galore, not even a dash.. just a bar that holds for guages?!

Heres a picture of the only thing in the car besides the bars.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/Picture2040.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/Picture2039.jpg
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 14 October 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 11:17

It was good to watch. It hurt inside not being able to actually be back on the track again Sad ..... but all in due time.

The craziest car award would have to go to the Chasers 180sx.
That thing is unbelieveily loud! And back fires like crazy! Sounded like chinese new year eveytime it went past!

Oh and did any get a chance to see the interiour on the black 180 with the v-mount setup? If your into stripping your car, this car is inspirational! Bar galore, not even a dash.. just a bar that holds for guages?!

Heres a picture of the only thing in the car besides the bars.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/Picture2040.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/Picture2039.jpg

yea that is nigel's car for WOC. awsome awsome car.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 14 October 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those dodgy photos are of Nigel Petrie's car. Totally stripped interior, drivers seat and wheel sit about a foot further back than normal, entire car dewired etc etc. The nicest drift car ever to see the track in Australia in my opinion. Always at showcar standard yet drifts well and Nigel knows how to drive it and to top it off he's a nice guy too. He also did most of the work himself.

Hen
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Fri, 14 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about the dodgy photos, but no 1 was around so i didnt open or touch the car. I'll say hi to him next time... and get sum better pics. Smile
hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Tue, 25 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel you say, ive got a mate that knows him really well. i could probly get some pics of the car Very Happy im hopping to go for a ride in it soon, i think he was going to put another seat in it for the special occasion Very Happy Very Happy

bye the way what sort of cars run around the drift trak a calder?

im thinking of taking the TA22 out when it is finished Very Happy

do the cars have to be roadworthy standed Confused mabe when it is on next i should take the springs out of one of the padockbombs and weld the diff and thrash the crap out of one at the track:lol:

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 13:22]

hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 27 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey if you want to see his car go to www.weaponofchoice.com.au its one nuty car Wink

ITS a bit out of date i think but it has pics Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 01:46]

DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Mon, 31 October 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link doesn't go to anything car related.

I saw his car again at winton drift finals, walked up to take pics and saw his mum cleaning the bonnet. I wished my mum would be interested enough in my car to clean it Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 31 October 2005 23:04]

hurricane
Regular

August 2005
Re: Calder dorifto practiso wednesday 12/10/05 Thu, 03 November 2005 01:31 Go to previous message
Sorry dude it .com.au Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WINTON PRACTICE 4/11/05
Next Topic:Annual AE86 Meet Roll Call. Confirm your spot here!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:31:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010152101516724 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.