Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 09 October 2005 17:32 Go to next message
trying to organise a lambo door kit group buy, minimum 10, price $780-800, maybe even less if ppl are really interested

any one?
  Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did u clear it with the powers that be ?
i MIGHT be interested depending on when i'm likely to get the kit
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the delivery time is 2-4 days to australia. give me a few more days to pick it up from the customs and send it out. what did u mean by "did you clear it with power that be"?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meaning it's polite (and necessary) to clear group buys with the board.

Also, I would believe that depending on your car, you would need additional adapters to mount it, and it may only work with certain models?

nb: I am not in any way interested
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 18:35

Sure you are.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I still eligible if I don't own a lambo?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can stick the lambo doors on a billy cart
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 21:37

you can stick the lambo doors on a billy cart

Awesome... 'cuz I have a billy kart and I want something add some style to it, and I can't be stuffed sanding or painting it. Lambo doors might just be the ticket.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 10 October 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 16:35

"As i already have this door mod fitted to all my cars"
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Tue, 11 October 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For god's sake tell me your not fitting those 'lambo doors' onto an ra23...
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Wed, 12 October 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the kit you are thinking of getting?

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/2922/scissordoor15hk.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9923/scissordoor23fm.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1424/scissordoor31tr.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2005 00:02]

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Wed, 12 October 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the board members dont reply Sad
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Wed, 12 October 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that hinges (pic above) arent a bad idea
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Wed, 12 October 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkal6 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 23:26

YES THEY ARE!
If you don't know why then you don't desrve that head that is sitting on your shoulders, as you obviously don't use it. Please return it to the nearest hospital so that someone else can get good use from it.
- This has been a public service anouncement.
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Wed, 12 October 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someones getting their knickers in a twist
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

mmmmm smells like school holidays again
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkal6 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 23:25

the board members dont reply Sad

they are probably laughing too hard to type....

i almost am Laughing
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps try

www.fastfours.com.au ?

and that sik sisscor door conversion nearly made me piss my pants i was laughing so hard! Surely it was a piss take?

Daniel
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh man you are getting ripped those hinge kits only cost like 50 bucks US, if a car didn't have scissor doors and you don't have $$$$ to pay someone to do it properly don't do it.

So you waste 800 bucks on it that could of been put on to something much more useful like decent suspesnsion etc. Now where'd my h8trice numberplate go. Rolling Eyes
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. purchase hinges from hardware store
2. fit to ride
3. ???????
4. defect
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Thu, 13 October 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget your exhaust spinner mkal6.
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Fri, 14 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

for those with no sense of humour, it was a joke

and no, i wont know if its school holidays, then again, the thread wasnt about what YOU will do with you $800,just who will be interested in a set
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Fri, 14 October 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkal6 wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 17:24

for those with no sense of humour, it was a joke

and no, i wont know if its school holidays, then again, the thread wasnt about what YOU will do with you $800,just who will be interested in a set

but "lambo doors" on normal cars look... stupid...

without redesigning the entire door opening system, they will never work properly (door frame is wrong shape)

and most people would be more likely to spend the money on an actual modification that made their car go faster, or stop better...

as opposed to adding weight and wankiness.. ohhh the wankiness...

and just for interests sake, post a picture or a link to pictures of these kits. if you were sent pictures by email, i'm sure someone can host them.

does that $800 include postage? if so, does it include duty and GST they would be levied? (esp for a commerical shipment worth $8000!!)

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Fri, 14 October 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here make your own....

http://diycars.tripod.com/lambodrs.html
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sat, 15 October 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tripod DIY scares baby jesus.

What if my billycart doesn't have a door pillar?

Am I a loser because of it? or did I simply end up unknowingly with a convertable?
hsv215i
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL this is a funny thread.

Can I use the hinges off my backyard shed door?

hahahahahahaha Laughing
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes you may.

But then you'll still have to fork out for new hinges for the conversion on the shed.

Then in the spirit of all conversions whatever you buy won't quite fit. Other shedmodders and beer will have to attend. Another thread will have to be created to discuss the merits of a lambo conversion for the shed. Weather or not you should use the conversion kit, original hinges or the ones of the celica left over after you fitted the shed hinges for the conversion on it.

The someone else will start a thread for a group buy of a shed kit. Some greedy fucker in the US wil realise sprinter hinges work perfectly for the shed and buy up all remaining new and secong hand hinges left, cornering the market.

Blackmarket 86 hinges on ebay will reach new heights when wally finally gets his sprinter only to find that the 30k he just shelled out for a panda 85 with a 4ac and 300000km does not include the door hinges. He pays the out rageous sum of 800000yen for a set of genuine HKS sprinter hinges while we all pay out on him in a thread titled "Will wally ever get his hinges"

/end
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, this car look heaps cool with lambo doors... sik bro

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/0f/82/90_12.JPG

full abortion can be seen here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=4579600123&indexURL=3#ebayphot ohosting
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this'll pull da chix.....

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/15/6f/fc_3.JPG
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas, your filling up this thread (however useless) with even more useless crap. making it twice as useless.

Eldar.O.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 21:22

oldcorollas, your filling up this thread (however useless) with even more useless crap. making it twice as useless.

Eldar.O.

Yup!! This thread is becoming unhinged....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol! I was gonna quote some of the great lines in this thread... but there are just to many! Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: lambo door kit - group buy Sun, 16 October 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 23:22

Eldar.O.

sorry matey.. was just trying to give an example of a hinge door that looks "successful" .....

Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: lambo door kit - group buy Mon, 17 October 2005 02:46 Go to previous message
I think What people here are trying to get at is that These Scissor Door kits are Not suitable.

Further to that they will be down right illegal in Australia in their "Bolt on" application. As conventional doors are not designed to handle the loads imposed by opening them in a vertical manor.

Do a search on the kit in question and look for video footage of how they open and you will find that it would be an encomberance on a car as you need to open the door normally and then lift it into position manually... the reverse for closing, and it looks really wrong in the process.

I have said it before and I'll say it again... Bolt-on scissor doors = Ghey rice.
R&D you own smooth operating doors AND have them engineered properly... I'll be the first to congradulate you. as it is a True modification, done properly. I think scissor doors on the right car look the goods. Bolt on doesn't get a second glance.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:$$Eng sert for 4a-ge conversion
Next Topic:Would a 4AG fit in a Mini?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:20:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070791244506836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.