Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!**

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Heating Problem! **Help Needed** Thu, 13 October 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wrong. wen i unplug it nuffin happens. jus got back from the mechanic. we tried 2 working relays and that didnt fix it. tried a new fuse, that didnt fix it.

im gonna have to see an auto electrician cause i need the car for work tomorrow, anyways, if it was the switch it should turn on wen unplugged right? well unplug it nuffin happens, earth it? still nuffin. the switch i dun think has anything to do wif the problem at hand. im geussing a short or sumfin simlilar in the relay box. there is no way in hell im working that shit out either. its jus all metal strips and comfusing crap.
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Heating Problem! **Help Needed** Thu, 13 October 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 16:58

but it sorta did wat u guys said it should of, wen i removed the wire that goes to the thermo switch, the fan came on, but wen i connected it again it went off.
-------
jason

Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Heating Problem! **Help Needed** Thu, 13 October 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 said

i tried linking the relay up wif a wire, to see if the fan would come on wen the car was hot. but the wire melted. so that didnt quite work.
but it sorta did wat u guys said it should of, wen i removed the wire that goes to the thermo switch, the fan came on, but wen i connected it again it went off.

in a less confusing way(i think) i took the relay out, and where the pins from the relay should of went, i used a wire. on end in one hole the other in another. it dun wat the relay should have dun (i beleive).
wif the wire in place, and the thermo switch pluged in, the fan wouldnt come on. but wen i unpluged the thermo fan switch, the fan came on. in diffferent combinations i could have one fan or the other on.

i think the problem is within the box itself. as one of the holes does nothing i can see. perhaps, that hole is supposed to have power? i have no clue, im going to call my auto elec now. see wat he reacons.
Lukass
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unplugging the thermo switch on top of the gearbox should force the fan to come on.
If you had that unplugged and you crossed the wires in the relay box and it came on then the relay must not be switching. There is nothing special about the relay so you can use any of the others to test it.

From all the stuff you have done so far it sounds like the relay is not getting a trigger signal from ignition. The fan won't run if it thinks that the car is off.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
install a manual switch and seperate realy and figure it out later Rolling Eyes
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive tried a work relay. didnt fix it. so, its deff not the relay. im gonna try a new thermo switch for shits n gigles. see if that fixes it. i sorta give up already but mechanic couldnt work it out, and auto elec couldnt see wat was going on but was willing to take the car and look into it 'fully'...
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 16:00

install a manual switch and seperate realy and figure it out later Rolling Eyes

how do i do that? if i can drive the car wif this ill do it 100% Razz ill work it out b4 i sell it or sumfin ahahaha Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. you, you're mechanic, and your auto elec should never ever be allowed to work on cars again Rolling Eyes

battery-fuse-relay-fan-ground.
IGN power-switch-relay-ground.

if you can't do that.. sell the car now Razz

or better yet, actually get a fucking diagram and trace it yourself with a multimeter and learn how it works...

no point pissing in the dark all the time....

is abotu time this thread got locked... Rolling Eyes
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Fri, 14 October 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread should have been locked an hour of my life that i will never get back ago.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Heating Problem! **I GIVE UP!** Sun, 16 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous message
http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/ pdfs/relay_diags.pdf
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke35 gearboxes
Next Topic:Nevo pulley
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 15:29:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011941909790039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.