Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
turbo timers Fri, 14 October 2005 13:43 Go to next message
anyone know how these things are hooked up so they know when the car has been turned off, the razo time in my car (installed in japan i believe)turns on itself sometimes when u flatten it and back off quickly, timer starts counting down.. does this mean the turbo timer thinks the cars been turned or (ie car s stalled.. could this device be the reason as to why the car stalls occasionally (say if its hooked up wrong) i does work fine besides the described situation above..
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: turbo timers Fri, 14 October 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth007008 wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 23:43

anyone know how these things are hooked up so they know when the car has been turned off, the razo time in my car (installed in japan i believe)turns on itself sometimes when u flatten it and back off quickly, timer starts counting down.. does this mean the turbo timer thinks the cars been turned or (ie car s stalled.. could this device be the reason as to why the car stalls occasionally (say if its hooked up wrong) i does work fine besides the described situation above..

yar that sounds fucked..

when you cut IGN power, the timer starts up.. i can't remember the exact internal workings, but it takes power from alternate source and keep IGN going.

BUT, it should never turn on IF your handbrake is down! (assuming you have the handbrake wire hooked up).. when you stop, have timer running, and let handbrake off (ie light goes off) does it turn off??

definitely look into how it is hooked up.. see if you can find diagrams on the net..

Cya, Stewart
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: turbo timers Fri, 14 October 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i bought the car i could tell it had been neglected...im sure the hb features not hooked up, when im driving and it goes starts counting down till it gets to 0 then goes back to standby mode. if i unplug the timer harness - is this as good as removing all the wireing.. note the car stalls wherer or not the tt in on or off altogether cheers for ya help
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: turbo timers Sat, 15 October 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is a cheap one that has no HB feature. it just checks when the voltage drops below XXvolts it will activate. mine turns on when the voltage is off (i believe) and thus you need to rev the car to about 1500-2000rpm when you turn it off to actually keep the car running or it will stall. Anyway, since the wire won't go from 12V to 0 instantly the timer (i am guess) sees when it gets below a point.

The point of me raving on is that i believe that your wiring is old, or the car has had a conversions. What this means is that when you floor it the car will pull more current, however the alternating will not spin faster till after you start to acell. thus the load is bigger then the supply and the voltage drops to batt level, or worse if the batt is on its way out.

The other thing is that the wire may not be able to take the current draw and thus causes a voltage drop (which happens a bit i have heard) thus making the timer not see the 14 odd volts but less. thats my guess.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: turbo timers Sat, 15 October 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo timers are easy as pie to install so y dont u just un wire it and re wire it (corectly if done wrong) and see if that fixes it.

laterdays
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: turbo timers Sun, 16 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous message
This is the turbo time i have - built with about $10 of parts from any Dick Smith or Jaycar shop.

it simply breaks on the IGN wire coming out of the ignition-key switch.

It just runs the engine for 30/60/120 seconds after changing key away from IGN position.

30Kb PDF - original design found on the net:
<http://members.optushome.com.au/mkhala/red_celica/ pdfs/turbo_timer_revA.pdf>

please bench test before installing into any car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:calling AE86 anoraks - black levin in best motoring 42
Next Topic:st205 suspension?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:44:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046389102935791 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.