Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Sale withdrawn. Thanks for the interest.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Sale withdrawn. Thanks for the interest. Thu, 13 October 2005 02:52 Go to next message
Those who know me well will know that lately, I have been doing ridiculous hours at work. 90+ hour weeks for the past few months, and there is no sign the work load will ease in the near future.
After much deliberation, I have decided to see if there is any interest in the Sprinter, should I decide to sell it.
I realise I would get more for it if it was fully finished, but I just have no time, plain and simple. Also, if it was complete and running, i'd keep it.

So here is a VERY rough run down.
Engine
Gen 2 3S-GTE fitted (Starter and clutch slave on drivers side)
Huge front mount
Thick walled stainless turbo manifold
GT30R turbo
Turbosmart gate
Huge 5 liter alloy sump, remote filter, oil cooler.
Huge alloy radiator.
Adjustable cam gears
Gen 3 cams
Wolf3d V4 ecu
SARD 800cc injectors
SARD fuel reg
Twin 3/8" stainless fuel lines
Bosch 044 pump

Driveline
Supra box
Single piece 3.5" tail shaft
HUGE unis
Cro-Moly lightened flywheel
F-series diff
TruTrak TorSen LSD centre

Brakes Front
Skyline 4 spots mounted on uber sexy caliper brackets
Skyline 300mm rotors mounted on uber sexy custom hubs.
Brakes Rear
Skyline 2 spots mounted on uber sexy caliper brackets
Skyline 297mm rotors

Wheels
Car has been converted to 5x114.3 all round.
Simmons FR17x7 on the front
Simmons FR17x9 on the rear

Suspension
Fully rose-jointed rear end. No rubber bushes anywhere.
Koni yellows all round (no, not the externally adjustable ones)
Have a set of Lovells and KMac springs for it. The Kmacs are LOW....

Body
There is next to no rust in it, tiny amounts in the hatch.
Whiteline tail lights.

Extra Crap
All engine bay wiring hidden. Fuse box now sits in the glove box.
Not much of an interior, Sparco Evo fixed back seat is very light! Momo wheel.
Battery sits down back now.
Every seal on the engine has been replaced. New water pump. New timing belt. New head gasket. New tensioner. New idler pulleys. Just new everything!
The head has been completely Heli-Coiled too.
The car has dedicated calipers on the rear wheels for the hand brake.
Reconditioned steering rack.
The wheels on the back are tight but I converted the diff from a panhard, to a Watts link setup to eliminate lateral movement in the diff. So no scraping.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, there is more, but I cant think right now.

Everything on this car has been done to the best standard I could do. Right down to the CNC machined water outlet on the back of the head! Very Happy
If you've seen the car, you'll agree with me.

As for whats left to do....
Intake manifold
Brake lines need making up
Diff needs oil
So does the engine
Coolant and radiator hoses
Passenger seat
Car needs an exhaust pipe
Car needs tuning

Few other bits and pieces here and there. The intake manifold is the biggest thing though.

Any kwestionz, just ask....

Gabe

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2005 12:19]

Send a private message to this user    
Mooro
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Thu, 13 October 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds f**ken sweet!

Unfortunately it also sounds like it would be way out of my price range but I'm sure someone will snap it up...don't want to sell it cheap to me minus wheels, turbo, manifold, wastegate, sparco seat and momo wheel? Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 09:42]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Thu, 13 October 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please finish it , i must get to see at least one powerfully 3sgte powered sprinter that goes and passes the project stage.
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Thu, 13 October 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah if it doesn't generate much interest, i'll finish it. It will just take a long time is all.

I have spent god knows how much time and money on it so if I end up keeping it, it's not all bad. And when it goes, it will be one sprinter to watch out for thats for sure.

Like I said, it's 95% complete, all the hard work has been done!

Gabe
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Thu, 13 October 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please dont Gabe, finish it off you know you want to.

Would be great to see this beasty in Overs, just fit a nice 36mm restrictor, tune it up and away you go.
Tris
Regular

September 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About how much are you looking at for it, my bro might be interested.

If you have any pics can you send them to drifting180@yahoo.com.au

Cheers
tris
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabe Please dont sell it mate.

Jezza
jarrad
Regular

May 2003
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres an idea!

If you are working 90+ hours a week, you would never have time to spend all that money you are earning.
Chuck your car in the shop and get them to finish it for you.

That way you have a fun toy for the little time you have off, and you will recoup all the money you've spent when its time to resell.

Jarrad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jarrod has a point ..

Dont sell it dude , your nearly across the finish line for easily one of the most awesome sprinters in oz ..

Hang in there bud ..... youll regret getting this far to let it go
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems like u spent a bit so far....

but can u give a ballpark figure...

ie is it +/- $8000?

what is the history of this car???how long has it been being built up?

when was it last on the road?? and in what state (mechanically)...
the big problem will be regoing it and thus obtaining a engineers cert...
chris_85
Regular

August 2005
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Fri, 14 October 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude your so close to being finished, y would u quit now? it'd be such a shame, not to mention the amount of money you'd probably end up losing. i'd snap this thing up if i had the cash
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm....
Yes I realise the project is just about done, but for me to finish it, the car would need to go into storage for a while till my job settles a little.

As for getting a workshop to finish the car, that is an option, but there is not a single workshop in WA that does work of a high enough standard in my mind, but maybe thats me being pedantic.

As far as a ballpark figure goes, I have reciepts for well over 30 grand, and there is shitloads that I have no reciepts for. So you can make an educated estimate on price from there.

If no one shows a real interest, or I keep getting lowball PM's like 4 and 5 grand, then I am more than willing to hang on to her and finish it when I can.

And I'll put a few piccies up soon.

Cheers all for the comments anyway.

Gabe
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your gunna get much more lowballs then what its truely worth mate .. and im sure you know it ..

just store her - its not going anywhere in a hurry , and as long as its kept safe and secure , you can always come back to it , as you said , when the job settles down ..

Once its finished , which seems so very close , you can then get to enjoy your hard work . You deserve to at least get some enjoyment out of your hard earned cash +effort
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you dont put a price on the sale eg. offers 10K+ ofcourse people are going to offer 4-5K not knowing what you want for it or what its worth, why dont you just say, i want 10-15-20 whatever then you will weed out alot of the crappy offers
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and if you need reminding of how much people are looking forward to you having your car on the road .. you only need to look here

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=35505&start=0&rid=627&S=0d8193607ac2 bb2574bd0b3e3ebcbf45
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisss wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 02:12

what is the history of this car???how long has it been being built up?

when was it last on the road?? and in what state (mechanically)...

how long have u had the car...did u buy it as a 4ac then put a 4ag etc...
SR20 trueno
Regular

July 2005
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a pm
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: EOI only at this point. 3S-GTE AE-86. 95% Complete. Sat, 15 October 2005 13:21 Go to previous message
over 30 grand Shocked thats insane....you could buy a GT4 for that price and work it over something fierce for 30 grand.

but uniqueness is always a good thing aswell

is there going to be any problems with rego or compliance?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS [SA}: 1983 Toyota RA60 Celica Fastback
Next Topic:Wanted: RA28 in good condition in Tassie.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 05:45:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010526895523071 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.