Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sat, 08 October 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 11:27

"Forget about the takumi tossers and their fantasies." So does that mean all the guys competing in drift events in australia i.e. simon and leighton are takumi tossers living out their fantasies? hmm.. that's not really cool..

Who are they???

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 20:37]

Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sun, 09 October 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 06:35

fOOZ86 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 11:27

"Forget about the takumi tossers and their fantasies." So does that mean all the guys competing in drift events in australia i.e. simon and leighton are takumi tossers living out their fantasies? hmm.. that's not really cool..

Who are they???

heroes of the YOUNGER crowd old man Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 03:52]

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sun, 09 October 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!! Razz
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sun, 09 October 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

so shiri is an expert??

Are you even serious about that comment? .. where has your common sense gone?..

Quote:

Also i'd like to see your 15 ways of wiring up an ECU that's barely 20% complete. As far as i know, there is only one, that is to read the manual, find what does where, trace everything and start making connections.

Well you can wire up an ECU to 'just run' or you can wire up an ECU to control more and more things. For example, you can be dodgy and use ignition to control the fuel pump being on (this is bad) or you can use the ECU fuel relay wire to control a fuel relay that turns the pump on and off (this is good). You can also use the ECU's factory sensors that help protect the engine (knock sensors, inlet temp sensors, water temp sensors) (this is good!) or you can not (this is bad). You can also use crimps, or solder the connections. There are many variations in even something as simple as that. What about when it comes to choosing a diff? standard? T18? JDM? hilux? early supra? who knows, IRS conversion? well, you get what i mean.. maybe?

hey let's all go driving Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sun, 09 October 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 13:27

"
"do u even do ur own engine conversion?? if u do have u completed it flawlessly?? if no to any then all i have to say is SHUT UP!!!" Are you serious? No conversions go 'flawlessly' .. and you learn a lot because of that, so you're going to tell him to 'SHUT UP!!!' because he got his 20v running in his sprinter? It runs pretty damn well! Needs to be tuned though.

were u implying that shiri is an expert??
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Mon, 10 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I was saying shiri is an expertbecause shiri has done some work to his own car. He knows everything about sprinters, and all toyotas, and that everyone should not only listen to what he says, but they HAVE TO do what he says, because he knows so much it has become law.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Mon, 10 October 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes exactly Laughing
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Tue, 11 October 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 23:19

yes exactly Laughing

don't have to reply if you don't want to but just for my information and i'd like an opinion.

i have a 1NZ-FE on a toyota i have overseas (VIOS). I've fitted in a CAI system, from the throttle body to a sport air filter. The car runs slower and i'm told i need to get a computer to utilise the extra air that flows in.

the responses i've gotten about this are

1. use the stock air box. that's the best for this engine.
2. Reset the ECU (i've done that but it's the same)
3. get a piggyback like SAFC or something
4. some say the SAFC can't work on a 1NZ-FE coz of the exhaust being closed loop etc etc...

to maximise the car's running, should i discard the air induction or is there an alternative and getting more power?
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Tue, 11 October 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=fOOZ86 wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 22:20]
Quote:

Well you can wire up an ECU to 'just run' or you can wire up an ECU to control more and more things. For example, you can be dodgy and use ignition to control the fuel pump being on (this is bad) or you can use the ECU fuel relay wire to control a fuel relay that turns the pump on and off (this is good). You can also use the ECU's factory sensors that help protect the engine (knock sensors, inlet temp sensors, water temp sensors) (this is good!) or you can not (this is bad). You can also use crimps, or solder the connections. There are many variations in even something as simple as that. What about when it comes to choosing a diff? standard? T18? JDM? hilux? early supra? who knows, IRS conversion? well, you get what i mean.. maybe?

hey let's all go driving Smile

It is currently just wired up so it "just runs". And very inefficiently at that. The knock sensor is plugged in, and it cuts the engine off everytime it's about to detonate or knock. The engine has been abused because of what it's used for and how badly its' set up.

End of the day, there is only one way to get everything plugged, that is to read the manual, find out what goes where, making wires and connectors and plugs, and start joining. currently the fuel pump runs off the battery for power (amp wire) and signal coming from ... i don't know where, haven't traced it yet. The pump does prime for 2 seconds when ignition comes on, then stops until car is started, hopefully it's from ECU.

but i get where you are coming from. just that it's a good answer but for the wrong question. there is no shortcut to what i want unfortunatly. I know this motor even with supercharge, can rev up till 8000 at least (forged pistons etc..) and i'd like to see its potential, and the ECU and engine working close to 100%.

the dilemma is whoever did wiring on this car was an absolute dick who wants the car to burn, hence the firehazard of wires and all that. I threw the turbo timer out coz it was wired with a fork, hence i flash high-beam and the timer is triggered. the ECu could be wired the same way,
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Tue, 11 October 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fucking street racers.
Stay off the roads.

Source.
Fast and the furious.
Razz Laughing Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 17:01]

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Wed, 12 October 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 02:59

Fucking street racers.
Stay off the roads.

Source.
Fast and the furious.
Razz Laughing Shocked

there was rumours of a second sequel to that (Part 3), including Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Tyrese. Wonder if that's it or what.

TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Thu, 13 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need help with the idle control motor. Just need to know what does where, the idle control motor has 3 pins and is a MAP Sensored, 4A-GZE bigport if that helps.

diagrams or descriptions would really be helpful

If i can just plug this in then the car will be fine ECU and engine management wise.

cheers
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: WORST experience with AE-86. I promise you'll be entertained... please read. Sat, 15 October 2005 03:14 Go to previous message
solved everything now and just need a good tuneup.

didn't plug the idle control in, but if i idle it at 1000 rpm, it seems fine and doesn't stall. so i'll map it so that it'll be alright around 1,000 rpm mark.

not going to spend another cent on this anymore, and everything from here on will be done by ourselves. i can't think of anything else that needs to be done anymore and i reckon it's as close to perfect as it can get.

thanks to everyone for their tips and support. it's pretty much quits for me now...

WOO HOO!! hehehe
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[deleted]
Next Topic:control arms
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 03:45:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072431564331055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.