Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 02 September 2005 10:00 Go to next message
MEGACRUISE
Makes A Return To Toymods

Toymods wasn't able to have a mega cruise last year due to
other commitments but this year we'll be holding the official
3rd Mega Cruise.
this is one of toymods biggest cruises
some hi-lights are:
*going straight over the harbour bridge (in a pack of about 100 cars)
*North Head lookout (it's one of the best views in Sydney)
and with the final destination being Palm Beach how can you go wrong

pic of MegaCruise 1
pic of MegaCruise 2

What: MEGACRUISE III
Where: Homebush Bay Olympic Park, Carpark P6, just off Australia Ave near Homebush station.
When: Sunday, 23rd October, Meet at 9:30 for 10:00AM leave
Cost: sausage sandwiches $2 members, $2.50 non-members & drinks $1 and about $5 for parking

From the Homebush meeting point we head down Australia Ave & turn LEFT onto Homebush Bay Drive. From there we head north for about 10 minutes then we'll turn right onto Victoria rd. We'll travel along victoria rd heading south/east towards the city, crossing Gladesville bridge, then Iron Cove bridge, then follow Vic rd to the left and over Glebe Island bridge.
Now this is the fun bit, cos if you take a wrong turn, you could end up in the middle of the city. We're going to follow Victoria rd (which becomes the western distributor) 'round to the left, heading north, & go straight over the harbour bridge. It would be stupid stopping in the city, it would be to hectic with a big group of cars.
So after we cross the harbour bridge, we need to keep to the left and take the second exit on the left, which is Falcon st, where we turn right. We follow this rd through neutral bay & mosman, down over the spit bridge, WATCHING OUT FOR THE MANY SPEED CAMERAS, and then we take a right at the first set of lights after the spit bridge, which takes us towards manly.
Before we go through manly, we going to have our halfway stop at North Head.
We're gonna turn right at Belgrave st, then a left onto east esplanade, left onto Ashburner then right onto Darley rd, which takes us up to the North Head lookout. For those that haven't been here, it's one of the best views in Sydney.

Once we've all regrouped, we'll head back down Darley rd, turn right at the first set of lights, then left onto the Manly foreshore. Follow this rd to the fist set of lights, turn left then the first right onto Pittwater rd. Follow Pittwater up to Warringha rd where we turn left, follow that to Forest Way where we turn right. Follow Forest way up to Mona Vale rd, turn right, then we'll pull over up the long stretch for a real quick regroup.
Back on Mona Vale rd, we take a left at the first set of lights, and right at the roundabout just after the lights. This rd we follow down through Church Point & Bayview, until we meet up with Barrenjoey rd, where we turn right and begin the final leg of the cruise.

We'll follow Barrenjoey road all the way up to Palm Beach, where we should be able to find some parking, even if we have to spread out a bit. There's a nice big picnic area with plenty of tables and BBQs where we'll be selling sausage sandwiches $2 members, $2.50 non-members & drinks $1, and have time to talk & check out each others rides.
NOTE: Parking tickets are required at our final destination, at a cost of $5-$6 not too sure (which is for 4hours).

On the day I will have maps & directions to hand out, and we will also be tuned into channel 16 on our faithfull CBs. So come along & enjoy the fun, have a feed & cruise some great roads.
See you all there!

A Big thanks to Big Worm who lead the last Mega Cruise and who's directions I've stolen for this one.

Cheers Craig.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 October 2005 01:09]

Send a private message to this user    
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 02 September 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck iam there for this one was at the last one it was huge
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 02 September 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do my best to be there Very Happy

Possibly with a few more cars...
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sat, 03 September 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds Good Cool .
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 05 September 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully I'll be there, but I'm pretty sure my car won't. Probably be sold by then, with any luck. If I'm there, I'll probably be in another RAV (unmodified Wink).
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 05 September 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am there! last megacruise was sweet hopefully this one will be just as good.
TRDCamry
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 05 September 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this cruise only open to toyotas?? my mate wants to come in his car but its a pulsar.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 06 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure this is open for all those toyota fans who might just be in another car. The only thing we want to avoid is a "fully Hektic Autosalon Mega Defect Cruise with Added Police Attention". Wink
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 06 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be there...
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 06 September 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in!
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 07 September 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good!

One thing though, after coming through church point and bayview, you want to hook a LEFT onto barrenjoey rd to head to palm beach, NOT a right, which takes you back towards the city.

GT
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 07 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i crashed my 101 the other week Sad but i shall try my best to get there not sure wat condition it will be in but yea lets hope it will be back to normal Smile

-nathan
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 07 September 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm fairly certain that i have this w/e off work, if not i'll make sure that i get it off. the last one was awesome can't wait for it Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 07 September 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there for this one Smile
Perhaps i should register the '28 again...... Rolling Eyes
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 07 September 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooooh !

Sounds tha Goods!!!!
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 08 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We might come,if there's no plans for Nic's mums b'day.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 09 September 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked omg omg omg! im having ka-nip-shuns!

OLD SCOOLERS!!!!

fo shizzle ma nizzle!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 09 September 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll see whats happening closer to the date and if i have my new ride then or not.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 23:31]

trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sun, 11 September 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there for sure in my rolla. if i can i might come up in my dads vh commodore (SUPERCHARGED V8) if i can convince him to lend me the car if not i will be there for sure in the rolla.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 12 September 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have just under 6 weeks to complete my "task". I think this is going to be a tough 6 weeks, but dammit it NEEDS to be done!
xero
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 16 September 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am new...but an taking the day off just to come... sounds like fun
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sat, 17 September 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BE there 100 percent... Smile
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 21 September 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
il be there been there for the last two now i can kruz in stylw with my new car
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 22 September 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my self and WiLo might be coming... Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 27 September 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At current rate, my car will actually be engineered and registered by then, so things are looking up! would be awesome to go along. I will of course drag josh along, and my brother (new owner of LIMO1J) will prolly come too.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 27 September 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im officially 100% in, day off from work organised for it Very Happy

Looking forward to it Very Happy
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 28 September 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeing as i just sold my corolla i might not have another car in time... if i dont have one.. Ill convince Keal to bring his new girl along! Very Happy
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 29 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many ppl we got going now?....
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 03 October 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah!!!

blake Razz
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 03 October 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty sexual!!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 03 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be down for this cruise....100+ cars across the harbour bridge is something im not missing
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 03 October 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a biggn', I may have to take a peek...
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 04 October 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Back on Mona Vale rd, we take a left at the first set of lights, and right at the roundabout just after the lights. This rd we follow down through Church Point & Bayview, until we meet up with Barrenjoey rd, where we turn right and begin the final leg of the cruise.

oh oh oh! Mc Carrs Creek Rd. Terrey Hills Very Happy
thats my streeet! ill get a nice slr and take photos from the top of my driveway as u go by if i dun end up comin on the cruise Wink
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 04 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i m in, its prob be egg's last outing Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 04 October 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh - the dilemas!!11!!one

Celica or Crown????//?
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Tue, 04 October 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see if I can make this cruise, have'nt been on a cruise for a while.
magicmitch

....100+ cars across the harbour bridge is something im not missing

Best part would be if all the cars could stay in one group like a procession, this would make more impact.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 05 October 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm definately in, got the w/e off work and i'll still have my lisence at that stage aswell. Very Happy
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 05 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do we have a list of attendees, i was wonder how many ppl are down for attending?
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 05 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sounds pretty good ill have to make an apperance i have a wicked boot install planned so with any luck itll be in and tuned
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Wed, 05 October 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far...

smt_007
RAV-GT4
EVOSTi
TRDCamry (and frend)
cannonball
Rolla Boy
SW20R
-gt-
zErTeK[2k]
finney
THE WITZL
levos1
JZX90T
TA-022
trdcmy
xero
Rabsy86
WaLLLY
WiLo
draven
De@Noo
lobby69
79rollaboy
magicmitch
Blue_Stivo
EGG80X
Hi-Ace
lowAE92
Sydney Rolla Club
AAE92S
MISS SX
Mr Plow
tinter
FLYNSX
dimmy77_03
MR KE70

there is a lot of ifs and buts and my car this....
and there is about 10 people i know that will come but have not said anything.... Cool

zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 06 October 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh ill come my car is in shitty condition after i crashed it but i will suck it up n be there with my misses

-nathan
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 06 October 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I should be in for this, Calender is free, ok to invite the altezza club?
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 06 October 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im deff in, dunno if ill meet u at homebush but ill deff be here my mona vale road. i wanna get shots of the line up down the side there.

ill prolly be taging along in sum1's car cause my rolla is off the road atm and its a total turd box Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 06 October 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 13:51

Hey guys,

I should be in for this, Calender is free, ok to invite the altezza club?

Of course Very Happy , if they came to toyotafest they can come to this cruise Wink .
NVD05X
Regular

June 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sun, 09 October 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:14

The only thing we want to avoid is a "fully Hektic Autosalon Mega Defect Cruise with Added Police Attention". Wink

im in, it sounds like it will be a huge day...

and i agree %100 with that quoted statement.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 10 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE

so far...

cannonball
Rolla Boy
SW20R
-gt-
zErTeK[2k]
finney
THE WITZL
smt_007
RAV-GT4
EVOSTi
TRDCamry (and frend)
levos1
JZX90T
TA-022
trdcmy
xero
Rabsy86
WaLLLY
WiLo
draven
De@Noo
lobby69
79rollaboy
magicmitch
Blue_Stivo
EGG80X
Hi-Ace
lowAE92
AAE92S
MISS SX
Mr Plow
tinter
FLYNSX
dimmy77_03
MR KE70
KOFFEE-BLACK
Smokey228
NVD05X
Ms KPROLN
DiZ
PyRoMaNiAc
Insalubrity macca
ae82andy
Sam Red Rolla
87seca
H8MENW
Haveabeer
-blown20v-
Sydney Rolla Club
Altezza Club

there is a lot of ifs and buts and my car this....
and there is about 10 people i know that will come but have not said anything.... Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 13:14]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 10 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm now a maybe...
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 10 October 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can add my name to the list
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 10 October 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are non toyotas allowed? i used to own one..lol
Embarassed
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 10 October 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-blown20v- wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 20:36

are non toyotas allowed? i used to own one..lol
Embarassed

excuses are not accepted Laughing , yeah you can come Wink .
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Thu, 13 October 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm still there, it will be my car's last cruise.
dave_ke30
Regular

June 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Fri, 14 October 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keen as! anyone from the sutherland shire going want to meet up before and cruise out to homebush?
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sat, 15 October 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed Christian said we will be comin' but its only a maybe. It will depend on a few things, not just the fact that it is my mum's birthday.
If the car is registered, is the most important one.
If Christian has his license back, number 2.
Its our daughter's 2nd birthday the day before, so we might be able to have mum's b'day chucked in.
But its Christian's cousin's 18th on the 22nd also, so if we go out n get sloshed, we may not be up in time.
However, if all that works out in our favour- we will be comin'.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sat, 15 October 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 17:53

UPDATE

so far...
WiLo

cool, ive been put down for a cruise without my knowledge Razz
should be good, if WaLLy gets his car sorted ill be there with the camera, will be able to get a heap of photos
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sun, 16 October 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
due to prolonged delays with my car the chances of me making it are now minimal. on the plus side, my brother has just lost his license, so maybe I can convince him to let me take the limo (limo1J)
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sun, 16 October 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are the directions thru the city still the same with this new cross city tunnel opening and closing off roads bullshit?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Sun, 16 October 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 23:01

are the directions thru the city still the same with this new cross city tunnel opening and closing off roads bullshit?

cross city tunnel dose not affect this run!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 17 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

dave_ke30
anyone from the sutherland shire going want to meet up before and cruise out to homebush?

i live in engadine and me and at least 1 other car will be goin so we can meet up prior if u want...u have pm
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 17 October 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COUNT ME IN
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: MEGACRUISE III <Makes A Return To Toymods> Mon, 17 October 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
motor got droped in sunday exhuast gets fixed 2morrow cant wait for the cruise try and get it run in and tuned during the week if not run it in at the cruise Very Happy
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3rd Mirrorfinish Nationals.
Next Topic:BAS or Willowbank 29 Oct?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:18:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011074066162109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.