Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:01 Go to next message
ive got an extremely annoying noise coming from the exhaust when i go over bumps.. well at least i presume its the exhaust thats rubbing on the bushes or hitting the car somewhere..

is it possible to just jack the car up and replace the bushes where the exhaust is attached to the car or is it more complicated?
  Send a private message to this user    
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like.. u shouldnt have a car
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my understanding of this part of the forum was for us less informed owners/drivers to ask questions so we may become 'more' informed...

thankyou for you're ingenious comment but you have told me nothing other than how much of a wanker you are..

if you have some insight into my problem/question id love to hear the valuable information you most "obviously" have..

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 12:25]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack it up and push the exhaust around, maybe you can recreate the noise to pinpoint it.
a broken exhaust hanger/rubber will be fairly obvious anyway, and are very simple to replace. jack it up and you'll see what i mean.
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
righteo thanx mate

was hoping it be that easy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stealth007008 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 22:19

what a fuckin pointless reply. this forum is about trying to learn about our cars and how to fix them. some of us are further along than others in the process. jeez, what an arrogant egotistical faggot you are....

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 22:56

stealth007008 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 22:19

what a fuckin pointless reply. this forum is about trying to learn about our cars and how to fix them. some of us are further along than others in the process. jeez, what an arrogant egotistical faggot you are....

WORD !
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thankyou all

glad i wasnt the only one thinking that

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 13:02]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ive got an extremely annoying noise coming from the exhaust when i go over bumps.. well at least i presume its the exhaust thats rubbing on the bushes or hitting the car somewhere..

exhaust hitting it?
that what mine DID!!!!!! OMFGGGFGFGFGFG now its got a nice big dent + hole ARGH
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a very annoying loud squeeq comming from my exhaust when engine is at 3k rpm...or when i go over bumps...my mates having a hoist put in his shed in the next week or so so ill look at it when thats done.....i know there was no point in posting this..but its 12:30, im bored and i feel lonely and left out lol
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: exhaust noise Thu, 13 October 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shouldn't this be in tech ? Smile

but anyway, make sure your car is properly suppoerted in jackstands and get under, and try pushing the exhaust up and see if it fouls anywhere..

replace rubber rings
???????????
profit
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: exhaust noise Fri, 14 October 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread should've been started in Tech & Conversions. Going to move it now.

Stealth007008, your pointless contribution to the forum has been noted. Have a serious think about what you're going to post next time or you may find your posting priveleges removed.
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Fri, 14 October 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for all the replies guys ill jack it up tomoz

and sorry mate was sure which area i should stick it in..
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: exhaust noise Fri, 14 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey grizzly have you been to the foreshore much??

i went in a while back (bout a month or 2, i live at morisset) and i saw a white GT4, possible chance it could of been yours??
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Fri, 14 October 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh fair chance its mine i go in occasionally

also their arent many white gt4s in newcastle (well nbot that ive seen..)

what sorta car do u drive?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: exhaust noise Sat, 15 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how did you go? can you try, in the abstract way to do it on a forum, to describe it? is it a thump or a rub? vibration? what exactly? you "presume its the exhaust thats rubbing on the bushes or hitting the car somewhere" is it a rubbing noise?
GriZZly
Regular

June 2005
Re: exhaust noise Sun, 16 October 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i put it up on stands and had a look.. the noise is like a dull thump and also at around 2k rpm theres a vibrating noise of the exhaust on something.. whereas over bumps its more of that dull thump noise..

anyway i had a look and the exhaust just sits on one of the cross members near the rear axles and there are pieces of rubber that have been glued in to try and keep it in place (last owner did this) but yeh the glues getting old and not sticking and i could almost pull the rubber pieces out...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: exhaust noise Sun, 16 October 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, that'll do it. so its an aftermarket exhaust? and can it be raised off the bar it sits on? there should be rubber things that hold it up in the car so maybe one of them have broken? as that thump probably means there is a little bit of "play" (you can lift the exhaust up more).
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: exhaust noise Sun, 16 October 2005 02:34 Go to previous message
do you have a piece of flexpipe near the front of your system?
otherwise it may be being caused by vibration from the engine mounts rocking and sending it dwn the exhaust pipe rattling everything
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JDM diff no calipers - Using AE92 rear Calipers now!
Next Topic:AW11-3SGTE brake upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:35:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066120624542236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.