Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Sun, 16 October 2005 09:05 Go to next message
i just like to dedicate today to seatbelt awareness in memory of a close friend of mine who died 2 years ago on this date.

To cut a long story short, he was in his landcruiser on his farm when it rolled at a low speed, he wasnt wearing his seatbelt but his passangers were. He was flung from the car whilst the passangers only recieved minors bumps and bruises.

It goes to show how much a seatbelt can save your life and it doesnt matter how fast you are going.

I miss you Foxy, and i hope everyone was wearing their seatbelt today, jsut like any other day.
  Send a private message to this user    
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Wed, 19 October 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have also had a friend killed not wearing a seatbelt.
Although they were not going all that slow he was the only one that died, and was the only one not wearing a belt.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Wed, 19 October 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same my cousin died after being flung from his car not wearing a seatbelt, alas he probably would of died regardless due to the highspeed impact with a tree and the fact the car burst into flames.

But yes I whole heartidley agree with the above statements, always wear your seatbelts they are there for a reason and work.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Wed, 19 October 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know anyone personally that has died as a result of not wearing a seatbelt but i do know that if i wasnt wearing one when i crashed i dunno what sort of condition i would be in atm.
also wearing them the correct way is a must, there is pics from power cruise where someone tried drifting a torana(with front runners Rolling Eyes ) and rolled, harnesses were in the car but doesnt look like they were wearing them properly
KLR16V
Regular

September 2004
Re: Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Wed, 19 October 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=84116&start=0&rid=7496&S=bb01dbb02da 95767ea339e687f4da391

this is what happens when you dont wear a seat belt
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toymods Seatbelt Awareness Day Wed, 19 October 2005 12:12 Go to previous message
my mother hit a garbage truck head-on at suburban speeds - because of the seatbelt she got bad upper-body and stomach bruising - police said that if she hadn't been wearing one, she would have had her skull cleaved open by the folding bonnet that came thru the windscreen.

A working seat-belt meant my mum is still alive today (and still destroying cars at a rate of approx 3 years per car)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how to make a mould
Next Topic:AE86 in zoom
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:15:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042750835418701 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.