Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mylespowell
Occasional Poster

August 2005
20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sat, 15 October 2005 09:33 Go to next message
This has got me stumped. My Corolla with a AE111 20v black top is coating the rear bumper with black dots (fuel).

Overall, car is running well, and fuel consumption is normal (over 500k to the tank).

Here is what I have changed/checked;

new sensor
new fuel filter
new plugs
injectors cleaned and checked
no fault codes
throttle position sensor checked and adjusted
timing checked
water and air temp sensors checked
fuel rail and pressure regulator checked
runs to 8000rpm no worries

Its running the standard ECU. I am sure these should not run so rich on acceleratioon (I can see black smoke (fuel)) when I give it a boot ful in first.)

Apart from sending it to a dyno, anyone got any other suggestions for me to check/change?

A tosser from Jap import place where I got the engine from said it could be the fuel (running optimax), the oil (runngin GTX 3), the exhaust is too small (2.25") and the standard airbox is no good. I cant see how any of these could be the problem...

Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sat, 15 October 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mylespowell wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 17:33

This has got me stumped. My Corolla with a AE111 20v black top is coating the rear bumper with black dots (fuel).

Overall, car is running well, and fuel consumption is normal (over 500k to the tank).

Here is what I have changed/checked;

new sensor
new fuel filter
new plugs
injectors cleaned and checked
no fault codes
throttle position sensor checked and adjusted
timing checked
water and air temp sensors checked
fuel rail and pressure regulator checked
runs to 8000rpm no worries

Its running the standard ECU. I am sure these should not run so rich on acceleratioon (I can see black smoke (fuel)) when I give it a boot ful in first.)

Apart from sending it to a dyno, anyone got any other suggestions for me to check/change?

A tosser from Jap import place where I got the engine from said it could be the fuel (running optimax), the oil (runngin GTX 3), the exhaust is too small (2.25") and the standard airbox is no good. I cant see how any of these could be the problem...

O2 sensor?

Get it tuned dude, with all these fancy pantsy ECU's and computers and stuff it aint all that expensive in the grand sceme of things.

it could be the ecu richening up the mixture under load to protect the injun against leaning out, although im just making shit up Razz

Eldar.O.
mylespowell
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sat, 15 October 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new sensor - I meant a new oxy sensor has been fited.

Nothing to tune on these things - but maybe the dyno is the only way.....
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sat, 15 October 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't it get blown well clear of the car when taking off (or just moving in general)?

Could the exhaust be full of crap?

Are you getting a nice spark? Maybe the fuel isn't igniting properly under high loads
LAA.80E
Regular

April 2005
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sun, 16 October 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well , to tell you the truth mate i have a silvertop and wen i had the standard air box it was running rich as hell, so i decided to pop off the standard air box and slapped on a pod,
then it was runing a bit better because before the pod i was able to see a shit load of blck smoke come out ,
but i truly think wen 20valves are at a high revs you get smoke cumming outta the exhuast i think its normall.
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sun, 16 October 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah 20vs are smokey bugger....

my stock ecu on my silvertop make it smoke like a train...

unless youv got a dodgy 02 or temp sensor theres not a lot you can do...
mickandfel
Regular

July 2004
Re: 20v Blacktop still running too rich on acceleration???? Sun, 16 October 2005 22:38 Go to previous message
Yeah mine is the same,I'm running a motec,spent hours on the dyno,still dumps black smoke.You will find when running cold,more so in winter,it will do it more.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tailshaft sound
Next Topic:MEGASQUIRT Group Buy happening...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:15:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042619705200195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.