Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
My st185 GroupA Tue, 07 December 2004 11:39 Go to next message
Hi this is my st185 GroupA it’s nothing special (as GroupAs go) but it mine and I like it

Mods at the moment
BOV
Mags
Lowered
&
The starting of a stereo

hear are some pixs

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/6572/l1ocarfrontandsidew h.jpg

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/5875/q9zcardriversside.j pg

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/6661/x7ncarheadon.jpg

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/6081/g6rcarrearandside.j pg

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/8910/z9ucarside.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 07 December 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice mate. Looks awesome im jealous of the group a body its pretty Very Happy was this the one on car sales by chance? it was advertised on carsales for like 21 or 22k when i saw it i think.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 07 December 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice champ Very Happy
welcome to GT4 heaven Laughing
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 07 December 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Mate

Ye it was the one on car sales for 22k I ended up getting it for 19k Very Happy

I payed the extra money for it because it had an engine the majority of the drive train rebuilt and a complete re-spray just over a year ago so the engine and drive train is only just over 40000km old.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 07 December 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YGT04A wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 08:21

Cheers Mate

Ye it was the one on car sales for 22k I ended up getting it for 19k Very Happy

I payed the extra money for it because it had an engine the majority of the drive train rebuilt and a complete re-spray just over a year ago so the engine and drive train is only just over 40000km old.

Nice work. If i had the money i would of liked a group A but i made sure when i got mine the engine was in good nic only done bout 60k so hopefully it'll last me a while b4 i break it Razz
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Wed, 08 December 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car mate! that shade of blue is very classy indeed!

To all GT4 owners! CS & R! Be proud to be part of a select group of 2 door WRX eaters Evil or Very Mad Cant wait for the GT4 cruise man, it will be a great show of strength for the Australian GT4 following, i look forward to meeting you all!!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: My st185 GroupA Wed, 08 December 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow!
They did a good respray didn't they... even put all the stickers back on.
The sticker set is worth almost $1k

Do you know why they resprayed it?

Also what build number have you got on your plaque?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Thu, 09 December 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 18:21

Are you serious?? Shocked
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Thu, 09 December 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 18:41

Agreed Shocked Shocked Shocked there is only a couple of stickers ?!?!?! how come they worth so much?
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Thu, 09 December 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 18:41

I'll take one! Laughing
GRPA74
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Thu, 09 December 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had my Group A resprayed a couple of months ago and my panel beater picked up a full set of stickers from a place in Melbourne for $150.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Fri, 10 December 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds like a much more reasonable price. Spose it depends if they brand new or now and the condition of them.
lunatic2
Occasional Poster

December 2004
icon12.gif  Re: My st185 GroupA Fri, 10 December 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz hi,
wat year is the gt4?
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Sat, 11 December 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lunatic2
it is a 1991 st185 groupA

Toobs
its build number is 38 when I bought the car the plaque was missing and the guy that I bought it from didn't know what number it was so I had to call Toyota Australia to find out what number it is at the same time I also found out that Toyota Australia has a spare plaque for each car so I know also have the plaque for it Very Happy

no idea why it was re-sprayed but they did a good job cost the bloke I bought the car from over 5k and I cant find a price for the stickers on it but they are new according to the guy I got it from so that would have been extra

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2004 05:57]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Mon, 13 December 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to detract from YGT04A's thread and his awesome car, but i had to say something about this:

Quote:

2 door WRX eaters

GT-Fours in stock form were never as quick as their WRX peers. They are however more robust than the 94-99 models but this strength comes at the cost of weight. They can be made to go harder than a WRX but then again, the equivalent mods to a WRX will net better results due to the weight factor.

As far as i see it, the only thing wrong with the 94-99 WRXs are the glass gearboxes and the fact that every man and his dog has one. This to me is why the GT-Four is a more desirable car!
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 14 December 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 23:37

Sorry to detract from YGT04A's thread and his awesome car, but i had to say something about this:

Quote:

2 door WRX eaters

GT-Fours in stock form were never as quick as their WRX peers. They are however more robust than the 94-99 models but this strength comes at the cost of weight. They can be made to go harder than a WRX but then again, the equivalent mods to a WRX will net better results due to the weight factor.

As far as i see it, the only thing wrong with the 94-99 WRXs are the glass gearboxes and the fact that every man and his dog has one. This to me is why the GT-Four is a more desirable car!

Quicker maybe, but the equivalent mods to a WRX may yield slightly better results, but the decrease in reliability is far greater. WRX's were basically built to save a company (subaru) from going under...
1. the engine was bought from BMW as subaru had nothing worth writing home about
2. the body design while fairly aggresive is uninspired and interior is cramped.
3. The Torsen AWD system was first employed by the ST185, 4 years before the first rex rolled off the production line. All awd subarus before this date were utilising viscous coupling awd.

All this coupled with the fact that 15 y/o GT4's are rolling around in much better condition (paint, body, rattles, engine condition) then the majority of 10 y/o WRX's all points to an overall inferior product, but yes you are correct. in standard form they hit 0-100km/h 0.5 seconds faster than a 4.

My point of '2 door WRX eaters' still stands as i was not referring only to 0-100 performance, but every factor of their overall design.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 14 December 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread is an entertaining read
BTW I like your car YGT04A Very Happy Very Happy

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 14 December 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very cool Cool

Those stickers on the side are not original "turbo 4wd" but its a nice clean example.

Quote:

Australia has a spare plaque for each car so I know also have the plaque for it

are you talking about the owner plaque under the bonnet or the number plaque inside the cabin. 6 years ago some low life stole my gear nob and took the gear boot surrounding which the plaque is attached too. I tried endlessly for a replacement but no luck. Thats what you get for owning number #13 I guess Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: My st185 GroupA Mon, 27 December 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Stickers
Each Group A will have:
3 x "Group A Rallye" stickers (one in front of each rear tyre just above the bump strip and the other one on the RHS of the hatch)
1 x "Water to Air Intercooler" sticker on the intercooler vent just above the grille.
2 x "TURBO 4WD" stickers stuck on the bump strips so as "Turbo" is on the front of each door and "4WD" just in front of the doors.
1 x "Gt-Four" sticker on the LHS of the hatch.

I priced these from Toyota once as I was considering respraying mine and the prices ranged from $80 for the "Turbo 4WD" to $120 for the "Group A Rallye" sticker.... so it was probably more like $500-600 for the set.

I have one spare original sticker (Gt-Four) and it has the sticker manufacturer's details printed on the back.
"Rebel Graphics decorative products devision"
Ph: (02) 525 0355 [if they still have this phone number it is now (02) 9525 0355]

I found this info in Google:
Rebel Graphics
27E/1 Endeavour Road
CARINGBAH 2229
(02) 9525-3395

Rebel Graphics
27E/1 Endeavour Road
CARINGBAH 2229
(02) 9525-0355
(02) 9525-3395

I haven't bothered to phone them as I ended up giving my paint some TLC rather than respraying, however, if any of you guys get pricing I would be interested to know how much they quote.
wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Thu, 30 December 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh I had mine resprayed and I couldn't be arsed getting all new stickers.. so I just left it un marked.. it's a gt4 and the only person that needs to know is me.. Very Happy
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 20 February 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see another GroupA owner in Canberra.

Car looks sweet dude, I think I almost bought it about a year before I got mine (not my preffered colour!). Might want to check that whoever has had it in the mean time has fixed the hole in the intercooler.

Would be keen to go out for a cruise sometime... But about to have a shoulder reconstruction Sad
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Mon, 21 February 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 10:25

Good to see another GroupA owner in Canberra.

Car looks sweet dude, I think I almost bought it about a year before I got mine (not my preffered colour!). Might want to check that whoever has had it in the mean time has fixed the hole in the intercooler.

Would be keen to go out for a cruise sometime... But about to have a shoulder reconstruction Sad

Hi Squid

Cheers a cruse would be really good I have been talking to a couple of other Group A owners here and they are keen to get together for a cruse/photo shoot.
Let me know when your good to go again after the opp and we can organize something.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: My st185 GroupA Mon, 21 February 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure I can find a volunteer to drive my car for me, and a photo shoot would be good.

Would be good to get it in while there is still some decent sun!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: My st185 GroupA Tue, 22 February 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YGT > Just started a thread in the ACT section.

Group A Gathering in Canberra
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She's a real beauty. One thing regarding the stickers is that the turquoise Grp A's had the grey font sticker set from factory instead of the black font ones that are now on your car, its not a big deal but its interesting nonetheless.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 23:00

She's a real beauty. One thing regarding the stickers is that the turquoise Grp A's had the grey font sticker set from factory instead of the black font ones that are now on your car, its not a big deal but its interesting nonetheless.

the other turquoise GrpA I have seen also had black stickers on it and they hadn't been changed I asked the owner

well at least I think they were black
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could be wrong but I'm going by the fact that the 'Turbo 4WD' sticker on your door strips are grey so that they stand out better, I would imagine that the Grp A Rallye sticker would also be grey and not black.

I have photos of a stock Turquoise GrpA that has the grey stickers all over, so I am guessing that when your car was resprayed the strips could be removed therefore retaining the original stickers on them, but the GrpA stickers on the body of the vehicle had to be removed for the new paint and were replaced with the wrong ones.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know you could be right but the side strips where repainted as well as the 4WD section of it I believe is supposed to be in front of the door
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your right, good point, I didn't notice that! Hrm I wonder what the deal is then?
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is special Laughing
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
icon14.gif  Re: My st185 GroupA Sun, 16 October 2005 23:27 Go to previous message
Yup Laughing

Props to the previous owners to keep it Turquoise though! That colour is off the hook! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Latest car - GA70 Supra... And another one-new MR2
Next Topic:Smt_007's Camry - New Toyfest Pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:46:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072648525238037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.