Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Oil pissing out of breather!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TOFU86
Regular

May 2005
Oil pissing out of breather!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 00:25 Go to next message
hey
can anyone help me everytime i drive my car oil keeps on comming out of the breather hose a fair bit!!!!!
What is the deal
CHeers
  Send a private message to this user    
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: Oil pissing out of breather!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tofu86,

The oil is coming out because the block is getting presurized by the normal blow by gasses which are part of how an engine runs.

To extract these gasses Toyota (and others) use a Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system.

What motor do you use?

It could be a blocked PCV valve. For an N/A motor it is normally in a hose running from either the side of the block or the rocker/cam cover that ends in the inlet tract. The gases and some oil gets sucked into the motor to be burnt. Fresh air is then drawn in through the breather.

If there is a lot of oil, then it could also be a sign of a very worn motor. The rings have lost their seal on the bores and most of the power is literally blown past the rings and out the breather hose.

If there is no PCV system then run a hose from the breather to a catch can, which will stop the enginebay from oiling up.

Regards

Rodger
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Oil pissing out of breather!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after i wrote this i saw YRHKIRA replied first which is basiclly the same so ill just leave my explaination aswell lol... it is quite normal to see oil come out of the breather, the reason it does that is because of the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation). On the compression stroke, a small amount of gases in the combustion chamber escapes the piston and sits at the bottom of your engine, when you drive your car harder it builds up pressure and forces oil back up to the top which is why you see oil come out of your hose. On my 2T-G i only have a little filter sitting on my rocker cover and that leaks after driving for abit. Im saving up for an oil catch can that way the oil can go straight to the can and you can just unscrew the bottom and let the oil drain every so often, beats cleaning your rocker cover and getting oil all over your engine bay and eventually in where your spark plugs are. hope that helps

cheers.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 01:59]

TOFU86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Oil pissing out of breather!!! Mon, 17 October 2005 02:24 Go to previous message
hey thanks for the help guys i just went and seen a mechanic and he thinks its the pistons or rings Crying or Very Sad
ps.its a 4age
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v with Microtech LT10, do I need relay on vvt switch?
Next Topic:3SGE Removing exhaust heat shield
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:36:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051870346069336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.