Toymods » Tech & Conversions » JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon2.gif  JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Sun, 16 October 2005 02:09 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I've just finished up installing my new IC (600x300x75 core) with full 3" aluminum manderal bent piping and took her for a quick small run last night noticed under hard acceleration i was boost spiking. I've also just whacked in iridium sparkys and oil change ect, and i've had the ecu and power disconnected at time recently. So basicaly i've done all this and drove it for the first time last night and gave it a little stick to see the differnce the IC makes and i started to spike. One kicked out to 15 and other wise i missed the top PSI and generaly shudded a bit.

Any ideas? The jza70 ecu, is that a self learning? could that have been reset and is still 'learning' th engine again? or is my IC setup just flowing to much? or??

Oh also because of the new piping I've removed the HK$ SSBOV and hooked the stocky back up for the moment. That shouldn't have any thing to do with it yeah?

Anyway comments ideas fixes??

Thanx in advance!

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 04:26]

Send a private message to this user    
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? Mon, 17 October 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump,

SOMEONE must have had boost spike issues before, anything to tell me that could help? If i reset my EVC will that controll the issue or is there some thing else at play?
09ONE
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Mon, 17 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got a bleed valve plumbed in?

When you changed intercoolers and went to 3inch piping you removed a large amount of restriction from your intake and this will naturally result in an increase in boost, just like adding an exhaust.

What PSI was it running before the cooler and piping was done?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Mon, 17 October 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EBOOST is your friend
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Mon, 17 October 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was running around 8 odd PSI (my EVC needs a reset so it stays off). Is retuning my EVC (Where the frig do i find a nice bit of open road in melb??) gonna solve my problems or am looking at some thing else?

Bleed valve? Rolling Eyes How do yo mean?

EBOOST as in the aust build boost controller? Is that gonna give me better control then the EVC?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Tue, 18 October 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant beat it, ive had mine for 14 months now and i wouldnt use anything else.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Tue, 18 October 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excuse the star struck for a sec but you are THE 1jz.747 (that i've seen in zoom)? Cos dont think i could knock a recommendation from you! Very Happy How do you think the Greddy BBC stacks up against it?

Am I right in saying that asside from any other probs (which i shouldn't have) a boost controller (working correctly) will solve my problem?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Tue, 18 October 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReQuieM wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 17:59

Excuse the star struck for a sec but you are THE 1jz.747 (that i've seen in zoom)? Cos dont think i could knock a recommendation from you! Very Happy How do you think the Greddy BBC stacks up against it?

Am I right in saying that asside from any other probs (which i shouldn't have) a boost controller (working correctly) will solve my problem?

yes thats me.

when i had twin turbos and i put on a good intercooler and dump pipes i had spiking issues, i went to a norgen valve and it worked great.

if EBOOST was around then i would have used one.

i am not familiar with the other product you have asked about.

EBOOST allows you to set gate pressure, ie when the wastegate opens, so you can set it up to spike or not to spike.

then you set your required boost setting.

so i have mine set up on the street to spike to 18psi then drop back to 16psi. so that my larger turbo spools up quicker.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a Norgren valve, it still spikes. Goes to 15PSI and then falls back to around 13-14psi. Get a Hiperboost or EBoost to fix this.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats perfect braden.

i never had issues with my norgen valve. a bit of fine tuning and it sould be good. wind it up a bit though 16 psi is no probs for those turbos
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 16psi sounds like the sweet spot for these turbos I hear Smile
Haven't adjusted the pressure release valve yet, only the pressure regulator.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock Turbos at 16psi? i thought the grenade range was any where consistantly above 14? Hmmm...

Hey 1jz.747 at what point did the standard 1j fuel set up start to give out and need upgrading? I've got my goals in mind and how to get there, just have absolutly no idea about fuel systems! Just hasn't been something i need to to worry about before.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have twin dumps you can run 16psi till the cows come home Smile I wouldn't run the stock twins above 12-14psi without those pipes.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ReQuieM wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 17:05

Stock Turbos at 16psi? i thought the grenade range was any where consistantly above 14? Hmmm...

Hey 1jz.747 at what point did the standard 1j fuel set up start to give out and need upgrading? I've got my goals in mind and how to get there, just have absolutly no idea about fuel systems! Just hasn't been something i need to to worry about before.

i believe the general consensus on boost limits, is if you have a standard dump pipe, dont go past 14psi cause the heat from them both wil root the turbine wheels.

with twin dumps the heat gets away from the turbine wheel thus safer to run higher boost.

i ran 16 17 psi in mine all day.

the famous limo3l ran 18psi all day for about 4 years and never had a problem.

as for fuel, originally i had thhe factiry cressida pump and a vlturbo pump in the line, i then changed this to a single intank walbro 255ltr hr job, it worked fine.
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just installed a hiper boost system in my car and its awsome. the boost just comes on so fast now, totall changed it. no spiking at all either.
i run 14psi all day with only a BFI and steel wheel turbos. next is FMIC and twin pipes.

big thumbs up for hiper boost Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 23:43]

crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: JZA70 Boost spiking? 1JZ or general advise Wed, 19 October 2005 23:39 Go to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 23:41]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which computer for soarer auto
Next Topic:Anyone know of 15/16 Brake M/Cyl for KE55?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:49:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059499740600586 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.