Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thejackal
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Fuel cut in 7MGTE Mon, 17 October 2005 08:19 Go to next message
ok so its prolly been asked 898970968769879870 times before... but here goes, i know the 7MGTE has fuel cut issues... tho as its been getting hotter, mine is cutting more... i was on a cruise the other day and i nailed it in 4th doing 140kph to overtake on the highway... and its spluttering and cutting like 3 times before i even passed the car... is this right, is there an easy fix for this or is it a big job to get rid of that crap... and why does it do it if its not to hard to explain??
  Send a private message to this user    
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Mon, 17 October 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a Lexus AFM $250,
550cc injectors (i paid $600)*note* will need to change plugs
and a safc ($500 - new)

put an intercooler on (hybrid copy will do (200$)
intercooler piping ($500)
full exhaust (DIY ($200)
fuel pump ($160)
allow 1 hr tune ($150)
gfb bleed boost controller ($30 S/H)
pod filter ($50)
and u will have around 270 hp at the wheels on about 12 psi maybe more if ya engines is in better nik then mine...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Mon, 17 October 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could check yor fuel filter etc....

is it fuel cut? or just missing? are you trying to run enough boost to hit fuel cut?

checkthe simple things first...

LOL, $150 for one hour dodgy tune Razz
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Mon, 17 October 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey they are all dodgy tunes arnt they... unless u do it yourself!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Mon, 17 October 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thejackal wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 17:49

ok so its prolly been asked 898970968769879870 times before... but here goes, i know the 7MGTE has fuel cut issues... tho as its been getting hotter, mine is cutting more... i was on a cruise the other day and i nailed it in 4th doing 140kph to overtake on the highway... and its spluttering and cutting like 3 times before i even passed the car... is this right, is there an easy fix for this or is it a big job to get rid of that crap... and why does it do it if its not to hard to explain??

Many different question in one there!

I'm surprised that as it gets hotter you are getting fuel cut problems more, if it was a factory boost cut then usually this would happen more often on cold nights. To me this indicates that it could be the knock sensor (assuming that the ol' 7m's have one Wink or fuel supply proplems.
ma61_turbo
Regular

June 2002

Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Tue, 18 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thejackal wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 17:49

I'm not quite sure what you are getting is fuel cut. You definately know when this happens as you lose *all* power suddenly. First time it happened to me I almost headbutted the steering wheel as I wasn't expecting it. And as Lumpy says it'll happen more often when its cold.(And yes the 7m does have a knock sensor, 2 of em I think).

I'd get your fuel system and the tuning checked if I were you.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fuel cut in 7MGTE Tue, 18 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous message
Agreed - Knock sensor could be doing this, especially if the car is getting hotter, it is much more likely to detonate therefore tripping the knock sensor.

I'd be checking your timing.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4K Help, what are these?
Next Topic:Soarer - fitting FM expander
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:27:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041499137878418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.