Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:02 Go to next message
My thermo fans wont start up as stated above. I wired it up to switch in the cab and all that so i can manually switch it off and on when i like.

Only thing is im worried that one day ill forget and cook it.

Where is the thermo fan switch sensor located on the engine? Is it on the water return hosing that faces the same direction as the gearbox? Ie single wire greenish?

Is there anyway i can test the switch?

I hav checked the fan relay in the black box and it was fine.

Any ideas guys?

thanks
ty
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a single wired plug switch in the thermostat housing. Same one is used on sv21 camrys, st162 celicas etc.90" on 86 off.
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its different to st162 3sge. Its on the thermostat housing rite? This doesnt hav it there. But has a single wire plug on the housing that comes off the end of the #4 cylinder.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get me a picture of the thermostat housing where the top rad hose is. Then we can think about helping you further Smile

either that or it is in the bottom radiator tank? i know some st205's had it there.
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does hav a plug in the bottom of the radiator tank. Btw the bottom hose connects to the thermostat housing.

Cant get any pics atm has its pissing down rain
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be the switch. And im guessing it has failed. what you can do to test it (providing you havent mucked up its wiring) - if you turn the car on, and unplug the switch, by toyota default the fans should come on. if they dont, you have either dodgy wiring or a rooted switch.
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a look then to double check. Yeh it has a double wire plug goin to the bottom of the radiator tank. And has nothing on the thermostat housing.

Thanks ill try that and c how it goes.
ty
billmchenry
Regular

June 2005
Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I unplugged the plug at the bottom off the radiator. It made no difference.could it b the other plug (yellow wit green stripe) where the top hose connects to?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: st165 probs. thermo fans wont come on... Mon, 17 October 2005 14:14 Go to previous message
if the thermostat wasnt working the fans would be on constantly. check the fan relays and fuses too see if they are OK, I would be almost sure that is your problem.

Karl
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA60 Kaaz 2way diff question.
Next Topic:MRS / SPYDER FACTORY WHEEL OFF SETS...WHAT ARE THEY ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:20:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056750774383545 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.