Toymods » Tech & Conversions » puff of smoke on start up

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Neuby
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon5.gif  puff of smoke on start up Sun, 16 February 2003 22:55 Go to next message
when i start my car up after it has been sitting a while it puff white smoke, only when i start it. i origanlly thought it might be valve stem seals but ive put teflon seals in and if anything can get past them, cut my legs off and call me stumpy. if oil is get into the cylinder how much harm can this do to my engine? any response greatly appriciated!
  Send a private message to this user    
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: puff of smoke on start up Sun, 16 February 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would foul up the plugs and oxy sensor if you have one (not sure what motor you have). And would leave some carbon in the chamber which could cause detonation or make the motor "run on" after you turn the key off from a hard drive (hot motor makes the carbon ignite the fuel and the car keeps running). Would probably root up a turbo pretty quick too i'd imagine (just a guess).
Neuby
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: puff of smoke on start up Sun, 16 February 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my engine is the shitty 1XN. it does run on but it wont do any damage to the valves, pistons etc.?
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: puff of smoke on start up Sun, 16 February 2003 23:41 Go to previous message
just foul them up with carbon. Which could cause bad flow through the exhause ports if bad enough. A small puff of smoke at start up probably won't do anything at all for a while but if you are burning oil all the time it would most likely cause afew problems to appear. Detonation from the carbon build up can crack pistons among other things and really root everything. This is really worst case scenaro though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZ-GTE into MX83 Cressida - any info/assistance
Next Topic:Retorquing 7MGTE Head
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:24:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041520595550537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.