Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Wed, 21 September 2005 12:17 Go to next message
Hi guys, the transmission on my 1JZ cressy is on the way out due to me slipping it into reverse accidentally at 80kph (amusing story Wink ), so I'm looking for a spare for when I have time to change it out. It still shifts fine, but slightly rough into reverse now, and slips a tiny bit between gears.

I'm after a replacement that is not slipping and in good condition, ready for a healthy diet of Type IV Smile

A normal MX83 cressida transmission housing for this would be useful too, as apparently it has the sensor on it that my ECU needs, to stop the O/D light flashing.

How much would one of these boxes cost to put in? Is it an engine-out job? Any other things I should get done to it while I am at it? Shift kit, stallie etc? The car is just a daily driver, needs to stay practical and *cough* economic.

Thanks in advance! Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 06:01]

Send a private message to this user    
jnr91
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Thu, 22 September 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have one coming out of my soarer but something is playing up on it.it might be simply though to fix.(just thought i tell ya)
it might be a good idea to get a shift kit from adelaide about $150
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Thu, 22 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is it doing that makes you think it is playing up?
What does a shift kit actually do (pardon my ignorance)
Does it just let you change gears manually in it if you want, or just let you do that more reliably/quickly?
Depending on what it wrong with it I may be interested Smile
jnr91
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Thu, 22 September 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont really know
someone said it might be my torque converter, it just changes very slow, lost of power in car, dont know if its the gear box or not.
i putting in a 5 speed manual
the shift kit i was talking about i think it changes quicker and a few other upgrades which is only stage 1
i was going to do stage 2 $2600 which is used on 10 sec drag cars, stage 3 is fully manualised, mean you change when you want to, forget the price.
i'll try to chase up the guys name and number and send to you if you want
jnr91
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Thu, 22 September 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me a ring if you want on
0439 339 448

when i think of it the stage 1 shift kit i think its just the valve body which does what i said early
dont hestiate to ring me if you want
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Sat, 24 September 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a good 4 speed Soarer unit here, I also have good 5 speed autos too, will PM you.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Sun, 09 October 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

Will a soarer unit fit/work? I've been told there is a difference in the speed sensors or something. Or that it won't change gears. But need to know what will and won't work before I go and buy one. Need a box ASAP now, blown reverse entirely Sad
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Sun, 09 October 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u find out if u can use a gz20 soarer box, i have a spare at mine now, was going to go in teh soarer at some stage, but not essential at the moment
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ auto transmission Sun, 09 October 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of box do those ones take? Is it the A340E? Not sure if it will work, I think they are designed for the 1GGTE engine Sad
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Fri, 14 October 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

Looks like I need a chaser box. My tranny is an A341E not an A340E. Needs to have a slipyoke connection, and plugs rather than a loom. A V8 soarer/celsior/crown box might fit, just dunno about electrics (could always swap the casing for those).

Really prefer a JZX81 Chaser A341E box as I know it will fit and work.
mrk3supra
Regular

November 2003
Re: WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Fri, 14 October 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Mon, 17 October 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checked with MV Automatics, looks like a V8 box won't fit (different # of splines etc). Found a Chaser box at a wrecker in Melb for $375 but need to compare the type of plugs it has with mine (I never knew there was more than 1 type!)
SL666
Regular

October 2004
Re: WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Mon, 17 October 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you change the outputs on the boxes? - chasers have a slip yoke, soarers dont.. can you swap these between boxes?
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: WTB: 1JZ Chaser auto transmission (JZX81 type A341E) Tue, 18 October 2005 04:14 Go to previous message
I think it was more an issue with the input spline or something.
I think you can swap them around though yeah.

In any case I just ordered a Chaser replacement box for $330 from a wrecker in melbourne this morning Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Starlet GT rear discs and calipers
Next Topic:wanted 2tgeu efi manifold
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:01:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073609352111816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.