Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Your Track Weapon?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 02:48 Go to next message
Guys, if you had a budget, of say 30k dedicated to a track car, what would you get? (Toyota only tho)

Im thinking a KE25, with a worked 4age?

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona with a 1ggte Razz , maybe a mr2 AW11 with 4agte or an MA61 with a 1jzgte.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car (KE25 4AGTE) but with a 4 bar linked rear end (just like the TE27 TTE cars had), roll cage, big arse brakes all round, race seats and a stripped interior.

I would like to actually do this apart from stripping the interior. One day, one day.............
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:48

Guys, if you had a budget, of say 30k dedicated to a track car, what would you get? (Toyota only tho)

Im thinking a KE25, with a worked 4age?

it will totally depend on the rules. can you substitute suspensions parts/types? can you increase track or change steering? does it have to be same family engine? can you have FI.
it also depends what type of car you want.

if you are talking a serious track car you would have to go to a tube frame and midmount, but that kinda kills the budget a bit (esp the gearbox)...

for my 20-30K, i think it would be hard to go past a KE1X/KE2X with AE86 cross-member and steering rack/column, whatever brakes fit under 15"rims, T series diff, and a 6 point cage... for motor... 4AGE, with a twin-screw SC on about 1-1.2bar boost, and a W series box.

if you keep the weight down, you might sneak under 700kg, and with 300-320Nm torque everywhere, it would be rather formidable on the track.

as you go up in weight, you need more and more power to get the thing going, but maybe around 8-900kg, there should be a bit more weight to improve handling and outright grip (again, depends what tracks/surfaces you plan to run on...)..

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 13:13

My car (KE25 4AGTE) but with a 4 bar linked rear end (just like the TE27 TTE cars had), roll cage, big arse brakes all round, race seats and a stripped interior.

I would like to actually do this apart from stripping the interior. One day, one day.............

yar, pretty much, except with rack and pinion, and an extra 3-4" track to help stability...

it'd be like a spoontah but without the fat arse Shocked
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas, not a dedicated track car, but also street driven, Id like to say the IS200 at this stage is awesome, but as its an expensive car, im hesistant to push it harder (Due to damaging it)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh? so you mean 30K of mods to ANY car? or 30K budget?

if it's 30K budget, i still say ke382TG's rolla with 4 link and extra track etc (and SC Razz )

if it's 30K of mods....

i'd still say the same...

it can be engineeered as a street car.. just may not be as comfortable as an IS200 on the street (may not.. HAH Very Happy )
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yar, pretty much, except with rack and pinion, and an extra 3-4" track to help stability...

I forgot about the racoon peanut, I reckon that could be a worthy upgrade for sure.

Some TE27 flares and increased track, it would look like a nugget Evil or Very Mad
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, any engine, and FI!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE25 with 13B peripheral port Shocked Wouldn't be too street friendly though and fuel would hurt the wallet.

AE86 with Beams 3SGE from an Altezza

KPxx Starlet with Beams 3SGE from an Altezza

RA23 with Beams 3SGE form an Altezza

RA23 with Honda s2000 motor
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.. KE70 + 3SGTE, but with twin-screw SC running 16-18psi on gas Wink
that should get you close to 360-400Nm of torque.... should go ok Razz

toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 29 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My KE20 with I bit of fine tuning, better front brake,better rear setup,full cage,new computer, bigger turbo etc etc etc
Hey thats the way it is heading Confused
rx-3 ip
Regular

October 2004
Re: Your Track Weapon? Wed, 12 October 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atm I am building a KE35 for IPRA
Race specs 3sge , altezza box , liteace with LSD rearend & watt link , 4x50mm TB , Motec pro , lightened body ... adjustable suspensions , will find out how good by Jan 2006 .. Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Wed, 12 October 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what class in over in IP an rx7 would be hard to beat.in unders the lightest with the most grunt with a good foot print.
mick
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 13 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rx-3 ip wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 18:11

atm I am building a KE35 for IPRA
Race specs 3sge , altezza box , liteace with LSD rearend & watt link , 4x50mm TB , Motec pro , lightened body ... adjustable suspensions , will find out how good by Jan 2006 .. Smile

OOOO sounds goood~~~
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 13 October 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why must it be a Toyota? Nissan Silvias are pretty good, lots of support, easy to get a fast one up and running for under $30,000.

Why type of track work do you wanna do? Do you want to compete in an actual devision? If so, what devision would be handy to know. If not, then get whatever you like. Smile It doesn't matter.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Thu, 13 October 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like rx3-ip has bought steve reynolds purple 3sge club car
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Fri, 14 October 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:48

Shraka wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 19:17

Why must it be a Toyota? Nissan Silvias are pretty good, lots of support, easy to get a fast one up and running for under $30,000.

Why type of track work do you wanna do? Do you want to compete in an actual devision? If so, what devision would be handy to know. If not, then get whatever you like. Smile It doesn't matter.

to start with... another excellent post here Rolling Eyes

1) this is a TOYOTA forum.
2) KOFFEE is asking YOUR opinion on what car YOU would get
3) being a TOYOTA forum, he asked what TOYOTA you would get.

seriously why would anyoen give two hoots abotu a silvia in this thread. and why are you asking HIM what HE wants to do...

he is asking YOU what YOU would get...

sigh..... didn't even read the first post did you Wink

edit: i suppose you can't expect much more from a Shocked HONDUH driver Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 10:36]

tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just for old corollas man, i am announcing my track car is a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION 1 RS.... Smile

Now i am ze enemy....no?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 08:11]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tripmcneily wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 18:11

just for old corollas man, i am announcing my track car is a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION 1 RS.... Smile

Now i am ze enemy....no?

look i think its a bit harsh you calling your lancer "really shit,RS"they are are good cars.there are my fav mitsushity.but dont think its much of a worry for old rolla because its an oner 2 litre car and heavy,besides the fact it will have a restrictor.when the overs have to run restrictors the heavy 4wd cars dont do so well when the field is kept to around the 380hp mark and 4wd saps more energy than a 2wd.we live we learn.
mick
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kp60 starlet with peugeot 205t16 flared kit fitted with quad headlight front fitted with a 200bhp 16v 4age with a quaife box and hilux diff with a 5.1 ratio=== Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some one been smoking four leaf clovers again?
lmao
mick
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ther is 1 that rallys in ireland but fitted with a bda ford engine and a split gearbox??? wtf and it is 1 of the best 2wd clubman cars there is and no smokey smokey tonight and as for evo 1,2,3 lancers fitted with dog boxes they are a prick off a thing my brother car jamed in 2nd gear in the middle of a stage....not good
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
king mick, you need to relax...

and as for the statement about evo 1,2,3 dog boxes jamming up, well, thats some bad luck, but it happens, not just to evo's either, i seem to recall an incident involving a rather well backed, well known v8 supercar team having similar issues.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 18 October 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tripmcneily wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 18:11

Now i am ze enemy....no?

no, you are not zee airnamee...

just misguided Razz
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Your Track Weapon? Sun, 23 October 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:57

Corona with a 1ggte Razz , maybe a mr2 AW11 with 4agte or an MA61 with a 1jzgte.

couldnt say it better... apart maybe a 1uz with shick turboz in the rona.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Sun, 23 October 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tripmcneily wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 20:54

and as for the statement about evo 1,2,3 dog boxes jamming up, well, thats some bad luck, but it happens, not just to evo's either, i seem to recall an incident involving a rather well backed, well known v8 supercar team having similar issues.

why relax?i wasnt getting up tight at all!if you read what i said i was taking the piss!
mick
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Your Track Weapon? Wed, 26 October 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honda S2000 powered AE86 trueno.
Red Trueno with runfree kit and deeeep dish
Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Mon, 31 October 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 + 2JZGE + intercooled + Roots based supercharger = good times.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Your Track Weapon? Mon, 31 October 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glen you are ghey
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Mon, 31 October 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about MZ21 then?

Got boost?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Your Track Weapon? Mon, 31 October 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
change the rooter to a lysholm 2300... and you got yourself a deal Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 01 November 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 19:12

tripmcneily wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 20:54

why relax?i wasnt getting up tight at all!if you read what i said i was taking the piss!
mick

yes and i think you have been doing to much of that lately...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 01 November 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and let me guess puzzle gay boy!you have been talking to the other gay boy of the same persuasion this afternoon.
mick
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 01 November 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 18:43

and let me guess puzzle gay boy!you have been talking to the other gay boy of the same persuasion this afternoon.
mick

mick you have been a naughty boy now go and stand in the corner Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod
toyocharged
Newcomer

November 2005
Re: Your Track Weapon? Tue, 08 November 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My nephews track cars ke55 & ke30, they run in IPRA in S.A, both run 3sgtes

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/cars/TOYOTA/13139_sm all.JPG

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 12:15]

davegt4
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Your Track Weapon? Mon, 12 December 2005 11:44 Go to previous message
Had a look at 2 3sgte powered ke30's belonging to the Sharpe bros. here in sa, couple of weeks ago very fkn nice, as for a track weapon ,mines a ST185 GT4 and ive gone over your $30,000 & still spending Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Personal best in the 10,s
Next Topic:Best handling corolla?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:46:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083980560302734 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.