Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » new ae80 owner, in need of help.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
new ae80 owner, in need of help. Tue, 18 October 2005 08:52 Go to next message
hi, i managed to find myself a little corolla to take the stresses of daily driving off the GTfour Smile

I bought it without rego, and breifly going over the car i cant see it would need anything much.
it has a 2A engine (i think)
i flushed the radiator, and alot of rusty water came. i repeated this process about 3 times, and its still not perfectly clean.
I changed oil, and oil filter.
I wanted to change the manual transmission oil too but couldnt find how to do this? Can anyone point out how to do this for me please?

The other problem I have is the passenger side window doesnt work. cant wind it up or down. I tried tackling this today. Tho i couldnt manage to take off the door trim.. Whats the secret?

Thanks for any help Smile

Send a private message to this user    
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: new ae80 owner, in need of help. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok to change the maual transmission fluid, you need to Jack up the car and get underneath. On the Passenger(normally) side of the gearbox, there will be 2 threaded bolts (top,bottom).
First you loosen the top bolt to get the air through and then remove the bottom bolt and let it drain out. Make sure your car isnt too much of a lean.

To refill, Plug up the bottom hole first and fill up from the top(side hole)with a pump etc, until the oil leaks out, when it leaks out then its full then plug it up!!.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: new ae80 owner, in need of help. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What part of the door trim was the problem???
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: new ae80 owner, in need of help. Wed, 19 October 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VSI%20 26.pdf
normaly just remove the handle and door leaver thingy then removed it? anyways if u stuff up doors are like $50 at pick a part
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: new ae80 owner, in need of help. Wed, 19 October 2005 10:18 Go to previous message
Yeah normally, you just unscrew the handle, lever surround, window winder. The key to remove the winder clip is to slide in a rag and pull it back and forth until it flys out Very Happy then just carefully pry off the clips all around the sides of the door trim and remove Cool

Tai
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE30 Disc Break Conversion
Next Topic:Removing Valve springs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:55:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037491321563721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.