Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone here talented to color my rims?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 03:58 Go to next message
Hey Fellas...

wanna know if there is someone here talented that can chop my rims and make them black in color or in Rays GTC Gold color.

*Rim spoke in color only, the dish, the center cap, the studs and nuts stay normal.

Anyone??? Smile
http://usera.imagecave.com/djchesta/GoldCoastHoliday051.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/djchesta/GoldCoastHoliday053.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car mate. Like the kit and colour. Needs a spoiler though man. Doesn't look right without one.

I assume when you said the gold, you meant the same gold as the body. Anyway, could only be stuffed doing one of the images.

Black
http://www.artema.com.au/void/stuff/toymods/mr2-rims-black.jpg

Gold
http://www.artema.com.au/void/stuff/toymods/mr2-rims-gold.jpg

Ofcourse, the black could come up very different. Thats a gloss black sorta deal. If you did a powdercoat it'd look different.

Later.

P.S. I like the black a bit better that the gold. But both are an improvement on silver IMHO.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 04:35]

DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: should I go the Black and the gold color OR stay alloy??? Fri, 14 October 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 14:31

Nice car mate. Like the kit and colour. Needs a spoiler though man. Doesn't look right without one.

I assume when you said the gold, you meant the same gold as the body. Anyway, could only be stuffed doing one of the images.

Ofcourse, the black could come up very different. Thats a gloss black sorta deal. If you did a powdercoat it'd look different.

Later.

P.S. I like the black a bit better that the gold. But both are an improvement on silver IMHO.

Props! Thanks heaps and for your time shraka!!!

Also good advice about the wing...ive just been waiting for someone to say that...ive been thinkin about putting on a '98 MR2 carbon fiber wing on it.

Thanks again....chop color looks mad....

Question to peeps out there...
should I go the Black and the gold color OR stay alloy???

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 05:02]

DJ Chesta
Regular

September 2004
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka....another one if you have time...

if you can also paint the studded area as the rim spoke is actually part of the studded area....leave the dish though.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work there Shraka, i think the the gold wheels look really good, just something different. What does the carbon fibre 98 mr2 wing look like?, maybe we could chop it on the car to see what it looks like Wink .
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pleeeeeeeeeeeassseeee dont desecrate those wheels by anodizing them!!! remember theyre like one of a kind now and extremely rare and expensive as all hell
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thought you were selling up?

thank god it sounds like your not... thats one awesome ride.

i reckon the gold looks better but then i've never liked black wheels.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon the rims in black look quite good. Maybe it's just me though as i like a 2 tone affect on cars Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't like the black rims, but those gold rims look great!
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 15:20

pleeeeeeeeeeeassseeee dont desecrate those wheels by anodizing them!!! remember theyre like one of a kind now and extremely rare and expensive as all hell

Agreed, although I wouldn't have used that many e's in please Razz

As for the 98 wing, not sure if it would suit all that well, being widebody the wing would look a little "narrow" when on the car....I reckon it looks hot the way it is.

My 2c

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 06:22]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senor_2 wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 16:19

hamgatan wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 15:20

Agreed, although I wouldn't have used that many e's in please Razz

My 2c

Like either of you would even buy the rims if they were for sale Razz
sickens me to see ppl bitch and moan about what other people do with their car/property Rolling Eyes
(esp if THEY can't afford it Razz)

black matches carbon, gold matches body..

if it were mine (and it's not Wink ) i would be going black for contrast... mmm anodised black so it's kinda dull matt black... you'd wanna keep em clean tho... or maybe seal with a non-gloss varnish

gold could look good, but it would have to accurately match the body, or it would look.... funny.....
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 16:57

Like either of you would even buy the rims if they were for sale Razz
sickens me to see ppl bitch and moan about what other people do with their car/property Rolling Eyes
(esp if THEY can't afford it Razz)

No I wouldn't buy them as I haven't got a widebody kit, so the size and offset wouldn't suit my car....

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senor_2 wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 17:45

No I wouldn't buy them as I haven't got a widebody kit, so the size and offset wouldn't suit my car....

so why do you care what he does to the rims if you would not even be able to use them??? Confused
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i had $6000 to blow solely on rims. trust me, i would buy these without hesitation! (and they were for sale a while ago..), yeah sure there would be some work involved fitting a TRD 2000GT kit and all in order to get wide enough guards to accomodate the wheels.. but it would be sooooo worth it. but yeah.. i can only dream at this stage of owning these wheels! (or having the money to buy a set of my own!)

this car has a 10 our of 10 on my jizz0meter!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 18:54

if i had $6000 to blow solely on rims. trust me, i would buy these without hesitation! (and they were for sale a while ago..), yeah sure there would be some work involved fitting a TRD 2000GT kit and all in order to get wide enough guards to accomodate the wheels.. but it would be sooooo worth it. but yeah.. i can only dream at this stage of owning these wheels! (or having the money to buy a set of my own!)

this car has a 10 our of 10 on my jizz0meter!

fairy nuff.. but as you can see from the pics.. car looks better (and thus rims are worth more) with coloured rims....

"Please don't colour your rims.. you'll make your car look better and the rims more valuable as a consequence"

hmm.. nup.. doesn't convince me Very Happy Very Happy
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering dude...how much (roughly) total have you spent to get your car looking like that ie how much you pay for car, body kit, rims etc

in my opion....i belive the black looks more racing like..."you mean business" where the gold one's look more like you've built a show car.

but i definatly like the gold car better
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally like the black better, i've always liked the two tone look. The gold is just a bit much imo, then again, i've loved the car since the 1st time i saw it at Toyfest last year Very Happy

Well Done Cool
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definitly needs a wind, and definitly the black rims.
do something about those calipers tho... if you have gold body, black rims, red calipers, it's gonna look funny Confused

car is horny btw
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what brand rims are these - why the so rare. they look like g.max wheels....

i personally would keep them silver however if i had to choose between the colours black looks man and gold look cheap and nasty... (no-one cares what i think though)

your car looks mad mate - i dont think you really need peoples advice to change your car - your doing a good job as it is
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice mr2 mate!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
My vote goes to the black rims. Goes nicely with the bonnet.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Fri, 14 October 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka.... go on, add a wing to it...
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Mon, 17 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think black looks pretty awesome actually. I dunno, it just seems a bit more different compared to plain old silver. And gold looks a bit cheap. Dunno just what I think. The black just seems to go well with the rest of the car.

Oh, and more importantly, what rims are they??? They look awesome!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Tue, 18 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you want the studded area between the spokes to be done in gold/black?

Here's an idea: Black spokes with gold dish? Very Happy And yeah, Calipers need to be gold or black to match the rest of the car. I'll do some chopping now. Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Anyone here talented to color my rims? Tue, 18 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous message
Leave it how it is man... You know me and Janine love it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Half cut Transport
Next Topic:ABS Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:29:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052821636199951 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.