Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » The King of Battery Boxes ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
The King of Battery Boxes ? Tue, 18 October 2005 13:22 Go to next message
...Since there's been a fair bit of talk about relocating batteries and battery boxes on the forum over time, I thought I'd post up pics of what I just bought - probably the Rolls Royce of sealed battery boxes made by Moroso.

http://www.imageshackuk.com/files/1018/morosoBox_1.jpg
http://www.imageshackuk.com/files/1018/morosoBox_2.jpg

You get everything you need to mount the box in your car, including a plastic hose to vent it, and grommets to seal the tubing and the battery cables through the box, plus soft rubber tubing to seal the lid onto the box, and it bolts the battery as well as the box itself to the floor. The plastic box itself is acid resistant, and it comes in a funky electric blue colour! Fully approved for racing by NHRA and IHRA (apparently).

You can get them from the US off eBay for about $100 USD, but can also get them in Australia through http://www.superplus.com.au/ - which is where I got mine. However, it cost $185 AUD, and that wasn't including postage - which came to $38 through Australia Post (I figured it would be closer to $20). So OUCH! it's bloody expensive, but it's heaps better than the bodgy ones you get from Repco, Super Cheap etc.

I am completely removing the back seat outta my Sprinter and it's going to sit right behind the passenger seat.

Thought people might like to know...

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 00:45]

Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The King of Battery Boxes Tue, 18 October 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$185 for a box, some washers 30cm of tube and a bit of metal Confused

i could go to wa salvage and pay $6? Razz
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: The King of Battery Boxes Tue, 18 October 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefur the carbonfibre or alloy ones i make.
mick
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The King of Battery Boxes Tue, 18 October 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like all you need for a legal battery box they even have the venting tube and what looks to be a mounting bracket to keep it legal
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: The King of Battery Boxes Wed, 19 October 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know it's pricey - looks like I won't be able to afford those Snap-On car seat covers I was dead-set on. Razz
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: The King of Battery Boxes ? Wed, 19 October 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing is, you will be hard done by to find a sealed box anywhere else, I was searching for around a month and the moroso one was the only one I found.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: The King of Battery Boxes ? Wed, 19 October 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
Just a little tip to make your battery box a little easier to deal with, look into remote mounting a heavy duty plug thing to hook jumper leads into. Saves climbing into the back seat every time you have to jump start the car, also allows you to be able to jump start others. Will try to find you a pic of the plug in connectors I am talking about later.

Callum

EDIT: This link gives a good example even if for a different purpose.

http://jeephorizons.com/tech/jumper.html

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 04:25]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drive TV
Next Topic:Check this out is it for real ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:46:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075829029083252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.