Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump SOLD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump SOLD Tue, 18 October 2005 12:50 Go to next message
FS:Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump Generation III with Ceramic SealSOLD

Remove the drag on the crankshaft by the belt driven water pump and replace it with a Davies Craig Electric Water Pump and relise a noticable gain of up to 20hp(15kw). It can take about 15%-20% of your engines power to run your belt driven pump. The power increase is very noticeable. Throttle response is 'snappier' and acceleration from 3000 rpm and up is improved. This unit can also give you better cooling at lower or idle engine speeds, while your stock pump moves water at 300-600 gallons/hour at idle, the EWP moves close to 1300 gallons/hour and therefore gives you better cooling when your at the lights or between runs at the track. A must for your drift car that can run very hot and has to cool down very quickly between runs. Another plus with the EWP is that it can run with your engine off or with your turbo timer to cool the engine down. The EWP can extend the life of your engine and turbo.

* Better cooling capacity even at slower speeds

* Increases engine life

* Better Fuel economy (Who cares about that these days)

* Less drag on the crankshaft, up to 20hp increase

This unit is in as new and complete condition (Never before installed)

Electric Water Pump Contents:
1 x Electric Pump
1 x Straight hose adaptor
1 x Right-angled hose adaptor
2 x Thin adaptor sleeves
2 x Thick adaptor sleeves
2 x Adaptor O-rings
2 x Hose clamps
1 x Wiring harness
1 x Relay
1 x Installation hardware bag
1 x Installation instructions

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3701/pump6pr.jpg

Retil Price: $290AUD (http://www.pepsautospares.com.au/)

Asking Price: SOLD

Reason for sale: Pay amount owing balance

Contact me via PM or on toyrolla86@hotmail.com, Thanks
*EDIT Had a problem with recieving PMs but its fixed now so PM away!

Further Information

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/08/electri cwaterpump/index.shtml

http://www.are.com.au/products/Parts/dc_waterpump. htm

Specifications

http://daviescraig.com.au/main/display.asp?pid=8

Other

Thanks to ImageShack for http://imageshack.usFree Image Hosting

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2005 04:26]

Send a private message to this user    
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would it fit into a 4AG* is it a direct bolt on?? If so do you have any plans or pics of how to.

Iain
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attaches on lower radiator hose and remove belt pump impeller. Same for both RWD and FWD.

The DIY kit that comes with it makes it easy to install it into any engine.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$100
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aye ;p
need controller also!!
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't need controller to run. Thermostat will control your engine temp.
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Wed, 19 October 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When converting a FWD 4age into RWD you need to modify the waterlines. We all know this. Most people will use the FWD machanical WP with a RWD inlet from a 4ac. The problem with this is that it directs water into the block first where it should be directed into the head first where the water temp sensor is so it can give correct air/fuel mixture (just like how it was on a FWD 4age, where water is directed into the head first) A big plus with this unit is that a 4age RWD waterline conversion can be routed correctly for the ecu to read temperatures as designed in the FWD configuration, provide better cooling at idle and slow speeds and gain HP with less drag on the crank.

Please note, routing water into the block first seems to work fine in most cases. Information is based on FWD 4age. Unit still requires the use of a thermostat.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=15833
Craig Davies EWP shaped and flows like a turbo charger, pretty kool.

Free up the crank with no belt driving the water pump and get significant HP gains.

Please excuse the picture as I use the mighty windows paint(If there is any information that you feel is inaccurate please PM me and I will make the revisions)

Attachment: ewp_dimensions_new.gif
(Size: 10.92KB, Downloaded 9 time(s))
Attachment: EWP.jpg
(Size: 67.29KB, Downloaded 152 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 14:35]

nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Thu, 20 October 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

So you're suggesting to throw away the heater? I have an EWP in my 4AGZE car and retained the heating system.

I can't say I noticed a big gain with the EWP (let alone 20hp). Before repeating these claims, tell us under what conditions you can get 'up to 20hp'. While I am certain there is an hp advantage, 20hp is absolutely ridiculous on a small engine.

Maybe you'd get 20 h.p at redline on a 6L V8 with a particularly crap and huge water pump that efficiently pumps at less than 500RPM idle and yet has to rev above a lowly 5500rpm...

Show me a before and after 4AGE dyno, not some hulking V8 dyno and I'll stand corrected.

Regards, Nick

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 01:35]

setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Thu, 20 October 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I expect this increase would be a fair whack more possible when removing the clutch windmill clunky fan from some engines Smiley =

not so much the water pump.. its a centrifugal pump.. so dunno.

EWP. you're meant to remove the thermostat and only run the pump when required. so much more efficient that way.

-DAvid
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Thu, 20 October 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick you have a good point, gains on a four cylinder engine will be far less then that of a eight

Well, I wouldn't throw the heater away. Im just not too sure how to use the heater neatly in a RWD config yet. Nick how did you configure your heater lines on your car?

I wouldnt throw away the thermostat but simply make a small bypass instead.

GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Fri, 21 October 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you get my pm?
ToyRollaAE86
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Davies Craig - Electric Water Pump (Gain up to 20hp) Fri, 21 October 2005 04:25 Go to previous message
Pm replied

sorry but SOLD and GONE*

Thanks for all the intrest guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: CT26 hi-flowed turbo
Next Topic:turbo manifold 4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 22:13:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061888694763184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar