Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Drumming Thu, 20 October 2005 01:56 Go to next message
Anybody here a drummer? I've been obsessed with drumming for as long as i can remember. All my way through school learning the alto sax i was craving for drums. Now that i'm all grown up I'm looking to start doing some lessons finally and aim to buy a cheapish kit by around Jan-Feb next year Smile

Oh by the way heres a vid of one of my best mates going at it Cool

http://media.putfile.com/leesic26
  Send a private message to this user    
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Drumming Thu, 20 October 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah use to be, but sold my drum kit because i just didnt get to use them there was nevr enough time in the day to get to them. but now i wish i had kept them though.

They are a great thing to vent your anger on also.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drumming Thu, 20 October 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a lapsed drummer - still got the kit clogging half my bedroom or course Evil or Very Mad ! Already reading sheet music will be a big help - find someone patient & wise for da first 6 months of lessons - it'll be a painful process for both of you until you've developed a feel for it, and some confidence. I found that once I had a little confidence in whatever I was learning, I soon became comfortable with it - and wondered why it seemed so hard to learn! ! !

That's the good thing about drums - because it's a fairly physical discipline you don't really forget once you've learned - you just get rusty and ragged around the edges if you don't play (like me).

Good luck dude - oh: replacing old, stiff skins (heads) will make a rough, cheap kit sound decent again - and learn how to tune them properly, as a shyte sounding kit is HELLER draining to listen to.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Drumming Thu, 20 October 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 11:56

Anybody here a drummer? I've been obsessed with drumming for as long as i can remember. All my way through school learning the alto sax i was craving for drums. Now that i'm all grown up I'm looking to start doing some lessons finally and aim to buy a cheapish kit by around Jan-Feb next year Smile

Your mate is fucking ace!!!

I wish I could play the drums I might start one day (when I move out and have the space)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 07:10]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drumming Thu, 20 October 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a lapsed drummer too - was mad for the drums from age 9 till 17 then got kinda bored and had better things to do. I still have my schweeet Rodgers kit though - made in the seventies, covered in mother-of-pearl, brass snare, built like a brick shithouse.....

Drums do need tuning/skin tightening otherwise they'll sound shit.

Drum music is pretty easy to read.

The biggest thing is that unless you're in a band or practice regularly you'll get bored with just pounding the skins. Even assualting the kit in Keith Moon madness style gets old. Get a copy of the Gene Kruper pattern book - some awesome things in there, and learn some of the cooler jazzy rythmns too. The more complicated the more you'll enjoy getting it right.

I've seen a d'n'b/jungle outfit with a live drummer before and he really tore it up. Very Happy

Then again I also saw a guy playing live sax with a House DJ. It was just as ghey as it sounds Sad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drumming Fri, 21 October 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 17:10

boris wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 11:56

Your mate is fucking ace!!!

I wish I could play the drums I might start one day (when I move out and have the space)

10-4 . . . . NICE double-kick work from your bud !

ShAkEn
Regular

April 2003
Re: Drumming Fri, 21 October 2005 05:42 Go to previous message
Hey, im a drummer of about 10 years.
currently playing in a local adelaide band called Hekyl.
check it out...

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~shaken_not_stired/Mu sic.htm

Jon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. N. Revolution
Next Topic:Need help on listing manufactured in Australia parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:44:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052778720855713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar