Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » advice on restoring my 74 TA22: radiator, rear ashtray (fixed), wheel trims/rings

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
icon5.gif  advice on restoring my 74 TA22: radiator, rear ashtray (fixed), wheel trims/rings Sat, 15 October 2005 05:53 Go to next message
first of all radiator:
in the middle of winter when i replaced my waterpump i also found that my radiator had a small leak at the bottom, i put in the 'stopleak' stuff and it fixed it but an RAA guy told me to buy a new one before summer, should i get a new one or keep the old one till it dies? its spring and its getting hot......
should i find a second hand one? or go to a shop? recommend anywhere in Adelaide? i was thinking of getting an aluminium (silver looking) one cos i reckon that'd look pretty nice through the grill etc...and aren't they better?

ashtray:
i've fixed my rear ashtray delemma with the one i had and superglue Very Happy
should i still try and find a full console that goes around the handbrake?

wheeltrims:
i was thinking of buying wheeltrims to go around my original hubcaps on my 13 inch rims, does anyone already have these, do they look good? did they come original but did everyone just lose theirs?
i would probs buy them from http://toyheadauto.com/Celica_Parts_1971_to_1977.h tml#Exterior__Body:_

picture:
http://www.toyheadauto.com/J-pegs/TrimRing.JPG

cheers everyone, ace

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2005 08:16]

Send a private message to this user    
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: advice on restoring my 74 TA22: radiator, rear ashtray (fixed), wheel trims/rings Sun, 16 October 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first see the picture of my wheel and hubcap.

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5010/rearlefthubcap2cj.th.jpg

will the orignal trims even fit with my hubcaps on? i'm thinking not but im still not sure...(so therefore i shouldn't buy them?) because of where the air valve holes are (they both have one!!). the trim is supposed to go outside the edge of the hubcap...u guys reckon it'll fit?
mmm im so confused

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2005 09:07]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: advice on restoring my 74 TA22: radiator, rear ashtray (fixed), wheel trims/rings Sun, 16 October 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few things - i dont think you will be able to get the trims around , with hubcaps on - as they sat pretty flush to start with - the trim would have nothing to clip to

Secondly , while not GT or original - i know of an Aussie place that makes up a custom center console , possibly including ashtrays for the ta22 that doesnt look out of place ..

Thirdly , keeping a ta22 is a good fresh idea around here - congrats on choosing that path ..

theres on in town here thats had an " original as possible " resto donr on it - and it looks great .. it needs whitewalls , and that same coinsole you want though btut he rest is in as it came from the factory , look
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: advice on restoring my 74 TA22: radiator, rear ashtray (fixed), wheel trims/rings Thu, 20 October 2005 08:34 Go to previous message
thanks classique71, that kinda helped....but i have to say i didn't understand what you were writing 100% of the time!
my theory atm is that to get what i want with the wheels, i'd have to take the hubcap off, attach the trim/ring thingo then the hubcap would go on top of/outside the ring......

and i would still like advice on this and the radiator....i know theres heaps of you classic celica owners out there....you must want to share your knowledge!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:88 SHape Celica
Next Topic:Bathurst 1000 Car Crashes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:31:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067241191864014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.