Toymods » Tech & Conversions » j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Thu, 20 October 2005 19:59 Go to next message
Ok I serched cant find nothing on this all i have is this quote posted in another topic "Note that Charles Landwehr has made up an adaptor to a 4ag. Would be a great box behind a 4agte."

Does anyboy know anything about this fellow who he is and what plate looks like, does he manufacter them?, is there a website or contact info?

Im in the middle of the 4agte build up in my 86 and i have a w55 but just recently found a local source for a v160 so im considering this swap, can any one give me info on what is needed for a adapter plate, is it just a plate that matches bolt patterns for both gearbox and engine? Or is it something that is welded bellhousing itself? Thanks alot
  Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Thu, 20 October 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eurospec86 wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 05:59

a v160 so im considering this swap

BIG BIG difference between a v160 and a j160!

Cheers
Wilbo
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Thu, 20 October 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emphasis on the word BIG.
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Fri, 21 October 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry that was a typo lol i meant i found a j160 locally lol so can any one help now? Very Happy Very Happy
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Fri, 21 October 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry i know nothing about this Charles character but can some one breifly shed some light on these j160 box's? Are they considerably beter then the w55?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Fri, 21 October 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considered PM'ing him?
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Fri, 21 October 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did pm the guy that posted that but trying to get as much info as i can, teh j160 is the 6spd box found on a altezza behind the 3sge. Its my thinking that for a 4agte a 6ix speed would be more advantageous than a five. as it would keep in torque ban and keep on boost with tighter ratios. And theres also the plus of it being a low mileage gear box(the one im looking at is anyway) froma younger car.

But I would like to know if you guys agree with my theory of 6 spped being better suited for my aplication. Also anyone know how strong these boxes are compared to w55 box? How much horse power can this box take reliably?(any body got friends with turbo altezzas) Im looking at probably a maximum of 300 crank HP. Thanks guys
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Fri, 21 October 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the X160 gearbox setting you back? 6 speed would be awesome, i'd do that to an NA 4AGE
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Sat, 22 October 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are almost as strong as the W5x.
Most seem tot heink they would die behind a 1UZ, where as the W5x holds up quite well.

And most J160's were behind the IS200's 1GFE
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Sun, 23 October 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a J160 for sale if you want to try one.

Have never seen a power rating for the box - it is actually made by Aisin and is their model AZ6.
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Sun, 23 October 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only prob with these gearboxes is the 5th and 6th gear can wearout and u can smash the box im going to be using one on me 3tc turbo proj
i know at work where doing alot of warranty work on them geting them rebuild and then there sweet to handle some power mine shuld make about 200ke at the wheels
well lets see how that goes

thanks jess
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Sun, 23 October 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the guy is asking $1250 for thr box its very low mileage and i wont have to ship or nuttin so i think its a good deal, what would this adpter plate look like? anybody know?
thanks
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Mon, 24 October 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eurospec86 wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 05:29

Ok I serched cant find nothing on this all i have is this quote posted in another topic "Note that Charles Landwehr has made up an adaptor to a 4ag. Would be a great box behind a 4agte."

Does anyboy know anything about this fellow who he is and what plate looks like, does he manufacter them?, is there a website or contact info?

Im in the middle of the 4agte build up in my 86 and i have a w55 but just recently found a local source for a v160 so im considering this swap, can any one give me info on what is needed for a adapter plate, is it just a plate that matches bolt patterns for both gearbox and engine? Or is it something that is welded bellhousing itself? Thanks alot

Maybe this guy can help http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;id=197&rid=364&S=2a0663909ad0c91f2654e8 d6e49406e6 Wink
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Tue, 25 October 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eurospec86, In anticipation of your request for info, and other requests for details on the same adapter, I composed a few words. Check the thread: gearbox adapter plate.

cheers Chuck.
eurospec86
Regular

October 2004
Re: j160-4ag adapter plate by Charles Landwehr Wed, 26 October 2005 12:26 Go to previous message
thans for posting the topic
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST 162 Rally Headlight Conversion
Next Topic:Monitoring intake temps.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 21:36:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076470375061035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.