Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 02:46 Go to next message
Gday lads,

I'm in the process of getting the bits for the pug/hilux/corona conversion, i've already got the struts, just trying to get the discs (want slotted, but even if get stock and get tehm slotted, thats ok).

Now, i get all my parts through a mate which works at a parts shop, and apparently DBA have no stock of any of the DBA272 at the moment - and won't be making more for 2mths. I'm not in any real rush, could wait a few weeks, but was hoping to not have to wait 2mths - that said i guess if i have no choice them so be it.

So - does anyone know of anywhere that has STOCK of these?

I was looking at PBR to see if they make them, no luck. Any other ideas?

Cheers
Bardin
  Send a private message to this user    
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While i'm at it, can anyone confirm with me that machining them down AFTER they have been slotted isn't bad for their strength / durability etc?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDA has em in stock Smile just order a set last week.

Toymods has a RDA sponsor now..

Cheers
Joel
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YUP - B & R Brakes, Castle Hill. check the sponsors page.

If DBA are making some soon, perhaps might be an idea to "pre-order" a small run that arent drilled!!!

<begin group buy>
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just ordered some RDA discs today as I was told the DBA ones aren't available at all. Apparently RDA still have to make them for me - there not in high demand.

I have asked about weather they could make them at 266mm with the mounting holes to suit a RT132 Corona. They were going to check with a production engineer and get back to me.

I'll keep you posted.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers lads, just awaiting a return call Smile

ed: Called RDA before the reseller, they do have stock of the standards, would have to custom slot them

ed2: Got return call, 7 day wait on slotting, very happy with price Smile Will do a bit of sussing out tomorrow, and then i shall order Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 07:14]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if not too personal/private, can you post the prices for the stock RDAs and with slotting?

tia,
Charles.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 19 October 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i got mine i actually got Brembo discs, which were "OEM" ones. I ordered them in and they came in as Brembos. But similarly, DBA wernt producing any for "two months" and RDA had a 3 week wait. That was August last year....
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Thu, 20 October 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 18:28

if not too personal/private, can you post the prices for the stock RDAs and with slotting?

tia,
Charles.

Don't know the prices on the stock ones, getting the stock ones slotted (as opposed to being slotted to begin with), was quoted as $80 each side inc GST, + shipping of $20, total $180. Unsure if this was toymods member price or not, from the joint in castle hill mentioned above.

Seeing if can get them through a mates shop, still haven't ordered. Tomorrow i'll get the ball rolling.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Thu, 20 October 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 18:48

When i got mine i actually got Brembo discs, which were "OEM" ones. I ordered them in and they came in as Brembos. But similarly, DBA wernt producing any for "two months" and RDA had a 3 week wait. That was August last year....

So what/where exactly did you buy, and for how much? I'm cool with a wait of a week or two, no rush like i said. 2 months is crap though..

Now don't all of you lot go ordering them out of stock before i get my set, either... Wink
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Thu, 20 October 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DBA always say that they will make them in '2 months' and when you call back in '2 months' its always another '2 months'.....been there done that with DBA. I spoke nicely to them after this and got put through to the Engineering Manager there who told me that they don't ever make these Pug rotor's.
I so I bought the OEM Brembo's from a euro car parts supplier and started from there. Paid $92 each for these.
Better to have them machined down to 266mm (or 268mm as I did with mine, and they still clear the Hilux calipers) first, before you get them slotted.
Getting them drilled only for RT132 hats first would also be the dux nux....Don't forget to get the minimum rotor thickness stamped / scribed back onto the rotor edge if they do machine the diameter down for you.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 23:04]

Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Wed, 26 October 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a legal requirement to have the min thickness etc marked back on the rotor? I'm getting B&R to machine them down as well, they sound like a good bunch. I'll have to sort the markings myself afterward somehow if required.

ed: Very impressed with the timing btw, i ordered them tuesday lunch and had a call wednesday before lunch.. Was told could take 7 working days because they had to slot the standards.. So much for that, slotted and posted from melb>syd in less than a day.. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 22:55]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Thu, 27 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit dude $92 each for the brembos, was that retail? i got them for $33 each delivered to my work. but mine werent slotted tho.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Peugot 604 discs - Where can i get them? DBA not making any for 2mths Fri, 28 October 2005 07:31 Go to previous message
Haha $30, i wish. Pretty happy with how things turned out, i picked them up today. Cost me $229 in total for the slotted rotors + getting them machined down to the vents, which works out to about 267mm, which should be enough.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgte...wirring in fuel pump...
Next Topic:mx 83 gearbox slipping
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:47:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065369606018066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.