Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 09:06 Go to next message

1983mkII and I are doing a mini group buy on True Trak diffs for Perth XA-61 owners. We've got the price down quite a bit. If anyone else in Perth is interested, we're ordering later this week.

The price we were quoted for carrier bearings sounds a little steep at $US97.20. Has anyone bought them in Aus? And if so, what's the local price for them?

Thanks in advance,

Justin
JZA-61
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did I hear group buy for the TrueTrac Diff? Rolling

Have you gone down to bearing shop to ask for prices and availability? When I got my TrueTrac into the country I got the carrier bearings with it as well coz I did not want to mess around and hunt for them... Rolling Eyes

Cheers.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, likewise. I can't remember how much I was charged for the bearings but I'm pretty sure it was less than that...
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 20:06

The price we were quoted for carrier bearings sounds a little steep at $US97.20. Has anyone bought them in Aus? And if so, what's the local price for them?

That price sounds right coz it is for 2 carier bearings... They are made in Japan from memory, but make and model, I can't remember.

Cheers.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,
accoring to the EPC I get the following part numbers for the carrier bearings:
90368-45002
Can anyone confirm this?
Anyone have a way of cross referencing to a bearing shop part number?

Thanks

Peter
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 18 February 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The carrier bearings can be different in profile/size though... Rolling Eyes I can't confirm this. Norbie do you have a clue?

Cheers.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 19 February 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The required carrier bearings are NOT the same as the stock MA61 bearings if you're installing a TrueTrac; I think Hilux bearings are used but I'm not certain. I'm sorry I don't have any part numbers... if I'd thought of it at the time I would have written down the numbers before I installed the diff! Oh well.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 19 February 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops - you're right Norbie. What I listed was the stock carrier bearings Embarassed
Is there any chance the Diff shop that put your truetrak in would know what they used?

Thanks

Peter
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 19 February 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, I supplied the bearings along with the diff, they just assembled everything.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 19 February 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't you match the bearings up with something from a bearing shop, or do you need the Toyota ones? It sounds really expensive for something I'm finding is a fairly generic thing providing you have the right size.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 20 February 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF,
absolutely right!
I just did a bit of digging & phoning around & found we need:

- The diff carrier bearings of a 1990 hilux 4x4 front diff
- Toyota Part number 90368-45066 $48.15 each
- Identical part from Associated World Bearings 17887/17831 $25.70 each

Can't confirm this until I actually try it but the part numbers seem to line up with the various posts on the subject.

Peter
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 20 February 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Score! Smile Let us know your findings Razz
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 20 February 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 22:52

...Have you gone down to bearing shop to ask for prices and availability? ...

Didn't I say haven't you gone to the bearing shop and ask for prices and avaliablity? Laughing

Now at least when I go for new bearings, I can look for alternates Razz

Cheers.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 03 June 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok those part numbers that peter posted where correct for a 4x4 Lux front diff. BUT wrong for the true traks that we have.

I found the bearings they were $45 for the pair. Haven't built up the diff but I'm close, sitting them there they will fit. I have both centres out on the floor at the moment

Bearings are NACHI brand part number E32010JA1LT.

Dad had to buy them through his business, they're not exactly avaliable to the general public though any diff person should be able to get them. If any one is having issue's getting them let me know ad we can organise another mini group buy.

Luke

Ps this is all going into a Crown Live axle. However i have also being comparing the centre from a F series RA65

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2004 12:19]

82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 03 June 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work Luke - sorry for the bum steer!
I'll see how hard it is to track them down this side of the nullabour.

Regards

Peter
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 17 June 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter,

How did you go finding a WA supplier for the bearings?

-Justin
Whos TrueTrac is keeping the back-door nicely chocked to let the cats in out at night, at the moment. Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 17 June 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 17:58

Whos TrueTrac is keeping the back-door nicely chocked to let the cats in out at night, at the moment. Rolling Eyes

I think mine is being used as a paperweight at Nathans house atm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 18 June 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, it's locked in the shed with mine, I wasn't allowed to bring it inside, something about already having too much car shit in here Wink
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 18 June 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,
haven't gone looking for the bearings yet - still looking at a place to install it for a reasonable price.

Cruzida - I couldn't find a listing for that Diff place you mentioned. Do you have any contact details?
I reckon we should at least try to get a 'group install' going.
I'd like to get mine in by the end of June if possible.
Anyone else?

Regards

Peter
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 18 June 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
End of June will be too early for me, and I need your diff first Smile I'll just get mine done later.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Fri, 18 June 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
82MKII wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 12:36

Cruzida - I couldn't find a listing for that Diff place you mentioned. Do you have any contact details?
I reckon we should at least try to get a 'group install' going.
I'd like to get mine in by the end of June if possible.
Anyone else?

I plan to go in and talk to the dude if he is still there.
I'll ask him about costs, and the group install thing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 28 July 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone confirm this bearing number being right for putting it into the MA61 housing? NACHI E32010JA1LT
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 28 July 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chance of getting more of these true traks?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 28 July 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:17

http://rabidchimp.com/mk2sup_truetraclsdkit.htm
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Wed, 28 July 2004 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 17:43

Bugman wrote on Wed, 28 July 2004 15:17

http://rabidchimp.com/mk2sup_truetraclsdkit.htm

Cheers CrUZida, have sent them an email to see hwta shipping would be to Oz.

Have found a Cuzco RS LSD locally (s/hand) and will be interested to see how this compares

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 July 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Expect to pay about $850-$900 to your door.

Unless 82MKII still has a spare one?
Prolly pick that up for $700
PM him quick
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 July 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW I got my TrueTrac through RabidChimp last year. Excellent service, well recommended.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 July 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers CrUZida, 82MKII contacted and awaiting response Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 July 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are guys doing over there, mine's been and and coping abuse for atleast 2 months now.

They come on quite quick, bloody good fun dropping dualies in a crown wagon. The thing side steps a foot before it goes forwards, but man if you get it right does is it launch hard!!!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sun, 01 August 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Stitt Smile ,

Are you still able to get these bearings ?

I have a Tru Trak on it's way over soon (as soon as I deposit the money) and will need the bearings.

I'd love a price

Cheers

Michael B
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sun, 01 August 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy

Yeah should still be able to get the bearings as It says in an above post $45 plus postage, I would have a look round bearing joints down there first before you get me to send them.

Just pass the part number around

Also call me Stitt not Mr please.

Thats what everyone else on here calls me
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sun, 01 August 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Luke,

I'll try around here first, it was just that the previous posts indicated that it was a little hard to get hold of.

I was wondering if the "Mr Stitt" would attract the attention quicker Very Happy .

Cheers

Michael B

And it is The Stitt from now on
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sun, 01 August 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah anything with my name in it I will respond to, you just got lucky in that I was just skipping thru the forums and saw this thread and thought I would check out any response's to me giving all the WA boys some crap for not having there LSD's in.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note to all: the stated nachi bearings (E32010JA1LT) DO NOT fit truetrac diff no. 911A342, which goes in the MA61 f-series diff.
so don't go ordering these in if that's the truetrac you have. J might be able to post the part numbers that do fit.

edit: and if anyone wants a pair or 2 of the above part numbered nachi bearings, I'm selling for $60/pr (which is what it cost me, and you won't find cheaper)

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2005 00:08]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonder why that happend Draven. Sorry for the bum steer, but that what i used in the Crowns diff. Unless I copied the number down wrong.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh told me I should try and be tasteful about it, but I figured you wouldn't take offence if I didn't put any flowery language around the facts Smile

it's possibly you had a different truetrac part number, which is why I listed both part numbers. the one J and I have is for a front axle apparently, but it sits nicely in the ma61 housing.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 08:26

it's possibly you had a different truetrac part number, which is why I listed both part numbers. the one J and I have is for a front axle apparently, but it sits nicely in the ma61 housing.

I think all the F-series ones were originally for a front axle. That's the only Hilux diff that had an F-series. It's probably just that it required different bearings to go into the live-axle housing.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahh, good point.

Teh Gh3y.

Joorsh, get off your arse and post the part numbers.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I would of thought maybe a difference between live and IRS housings.

Also was going to suggest that you ask Josh what his part numbers cause he should of got his diff back last night.

NOt sure waht part number my LSD is one of the original group buys som maybe someone that was in thatbuy can tell me
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's sitting in his garage whining about how hard it is to reinstall the diff with only one person.

Don't worry, I told him he was a wuss Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its all good it in

but he needs to give out part numbers
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 10:02

note to all: the stated nachi bearings (E32010JA1LT) DO NOT fit truetrac diff no. 911A342, which goes in the MA61 f-series diff.
so don't go ordering these in if that's the truetrac you have. J might be able to post the part numbers that do fit.

edit: and if anyone wants a pair or 2 of the above part numbered nachi bearings, I'm selling for $60/pr (which is what it cost me, and you won't find cheaper)

Umm, fuck, I spent $100 on a pair of those a few weeks ago Sad I guess I can return them with a re-stockign fee - anyone able to organise a group buy on the correct bearings need?

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got Nachi 50KB80ILT carrier bearing fitted on my F Series TruTrac... though I know I have to replace the pinion bearing again...

Cheers.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I organised the group buy that Luke's centre came from and I can confirm it was part number 911A342. So it must have been the diff housing that was different.
On the subject of carrier bearings the knobs that installed mine told me (after I picked it up) that they just machined down the new centre a bit and used the standard F series carrier bearings.
Maybe this is why I have leaky side seals?

Peter
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds dodgy. sif you machine it down instead of just putting in the right size bearings!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you PM/email me that place that did yours Pete?
I want to stay away from there.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
82MKII wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:24

On the subject of carrier bearings the knobs that installed mine told me (after I picked it up) that they just machined down the new centre a bit and used the standard F series carrier bearings.

Dear god! My mechanic sorted new bearings out not a worry, and he's not even a diff specialist!?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 15:17

Dear god! My mechanic sorted new bearings out not a worry, and he's not even a diff specialist!?

I nominate you to organise the group buy for the rest of us, then. Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Thu, 29 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 15:04

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 15:17

I nominate you to organise the group buy for the rest of us, then. Razz

Haha, because I know what bearings they were Razz I just said "here is the old diff, here is the tricky centre, make them love each other". And he did.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 01 October 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone have any news on the correct part # for the trutrack --> xA6x F-series carrier bearings?

ZZT231 - is "Nachi 50KB80ILT" correct, or are you implying that maybe it isn't?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 01 October 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 22:15

ZZT231 - is "Nachi 50KB80ILT" correct, or are you implying that maybe it isn't?

With my MA61 I got those carrier bearing in my diff as RabidChimp owner, Aaron, supplied me with them when I got it a few years ago. I still have the bearing boxes in my garage. I can't remember if any or no machine was done to get them fitted.

Don't take my word for it as I didn't install the center in the housing but that is what bearings I'm using in my diff I believe.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 08 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 13:32

I've got Nachi 50KB80ILT carrier bearing fitted on my F Series TruTrac... though I know I have to replace the pinion bearing again...

Cheers.

Ok, place down here quoted me $80 each for these.

If anyone can get them at a sensible price, I'll happily pay a commission for your trouble.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 22 October 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best price I've got so far is $125 /pair for the correct xA6x carrier bearings. What have other people paid?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 22 October 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get me a part number and I can try coventrys for you.

note: the bearings Stitt quoted CAN be used in IRS f-series diffs - it just requires a spacer to be machined up - so the bearing + spacer works out cheaper than the correct bearings.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 22 October 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 23:16

get me a part number and I can try coventrys for you.

note: the bearings Stitt quoted CAN be used in IRS f-series diffs - it just requires a spacer to be machined up - so the bearing + spacer works out cheaper than the correct bearings.

That's very kind of you, appreciate it. ZZt231 says it's "50KB80ILT" (earlier in this thread) so I'm assuming that's the correct one.

If you can use the incorrect bearings by machining the centre, I don't get how you can use a spacer... is this what you did?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Carrier bearings Sat, 22 October 2005 14:23 Go to previous message
yep, me and josh are both running the other bearings.
apparently with my bearings the centre hole is too big, so a sleeve is inserted to make it smaller... they're correct in all other dimensions.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What ECU for 2TGEU....
Next Topic:Swap a 3RZFE in place of a 22R..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 15:29:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011597871780396 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.