Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kirby260
Newcomer

October 2005
ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 22 October 2005 03:24 Go to next message
Hey,

I recently was given a mint ST141 Corona wagon as a daily while my other car is getting fixed up. It has no rust, mint body, 5-speed.

The engine is a 2S-C and has now done 257k and is a bit tired and has a small head gasket leak and lifter noise.

I was curious what engine I could drop in with no mods to the engine mounts etc. dont care if its efi/carby but if its efi then it's just more wiring. I was hoping for a similar, ~2L 4cyl.

Maybe a 3S (would a 22r/re fit?) of some description. If i can use this transmission (eg bolt right up) it would be good, but if i could get an engine witha a trans that fit straight in i wouldnt mind, this one has worn syncros on 2nd.

I'm not super knowledgable on toyotas my forte is datsuns.

If you ahve some suggestions let me know.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 22 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no point converting to 22re would be cheaper to buy another corona with a 22re in it from the factory.
Kirby260
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 22 October 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 20:03

no point converting to 22re would be cheaper to buy another corona with a 22re in it from the factory.

ok, so a 22r/22re is not an option.
What other engines are an option and will go in no fuss?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 22 October 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ggte will take some mods but u will love yourself for it.
the 3s will bolt up to your gearbox once it had been modded slightly.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 22 October 2005 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with no changes to the engine mounts...none

depending on the amount of money you have depends on the engine option

you could just fix your 2s-c you have at the moment. headgasket is hella easy to change on a 2s-c, will take about 2 hours with someone with decent knowledge of engine. I did it the first time with no knowledge of engines and it took me a few hours(alot of swearing though).

following engine option are the most common option
- 22r
- 3sgte
- 3t-gte
- 1g-gte

search toymods and you'll find all the information your after, i asked the same question a few years ago Smile
Kirby260
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sun, 23 October 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will a RT142 cross member fit into my ST141?

That way i can use a 22r and a W55 box, I think?

I dont know! *cries*

All i want is another engine and a days work for as little $ as possible, doesnt need to be turbo/twin cam/efi. something simple.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sun, 23 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 18rg turbo with mounts to suit your car forsale. pm me
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Mon, 24 October 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got the full setup from an RT142 avante with 22RE available for you with W55 5speed. Crossmember, power steering, you name it. motor blows no smoke, starts after 2 1/2 rotations every time from cold. $650 for everything you need(except alternator and fuel pump) where abouts are you?? crossmember will fit your car.

email o_man_ra23@yahoo.com.au if your interested

Cheers, Owen
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Mon, 24 October 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o_man_ra23 wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 21:49

Ive got the full setup from an RT142 avante with 22RE available for you with W55 5speed. Crossmember, power steering, you name it. motor blows no smoke, starts after 2 1/2 rotations every time from cold. $650 for everything you need(except alternator and fuel pump) where abouts are you?? crossmember will fit your car.

email o_man_ra23@yahoo.com.au if your interested

Cheers, Owen

whats the point though by the time he buys the engine and fits it he could of bought an RT142 wagon or sedan and sold the current one for less than the price he'd outlay for your engine. My point is this don't bother converting to a 22re just go out and buy a corona with one already in it if you choose to go that route. Much easier and far less hassles. Wink
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: ST141 Corona wagon: Engine Options. Sat, 29 October 2005 23:58 Go to previous message
jackel wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 05:21

with no changes to the engine mounts...none

you could just fix your 2s-c you have at the moment. headgasket is hella easy to change on a 2s-c, will take about 2 hours with someone with decent knowledge of engine. I did it the first time with no knowledge of engines and it took me a few hours(alot of swearing though).

Definately the cheapest and easiest option. Converting to any other engine will require EFI fuel pump, and bigger lines ontop of all the other frigging around. A compleate VRS kit would probably be under $100. If you want it just as a reliable, efficient hack, stick with the 2S.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZ power drop at 5500rpm
Next Topic:1ggte power w/stock internals
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:50:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057899951934814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.