Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone got a real old camry?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Anyone got a real old camry? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:32 Go to next message
He all, i was driving to work the other day and i was passed by a car that had camry badging, cept it was a hatch???? i would have guessed around 1980 ish for the year. is this true? did the original camry come out in a hatch or did this guy steal some badges from somewhere? does anyone have an old one on here? Looked a bit like an old celica.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 October 2005 09:56]

Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup such a creature exists. sv10 or sv11 iirc was the code .
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct. you did spell it wrong.
camry.

they did come in one ugly mother of a hatch in the early eighties, that model also came as a sedan...euqally as ugly.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica 4 door = camry
celica hatch/liftback(?) = supra

the super early models all shared the same chassis essentially. same family of motors, same rwd layout.

this was before the camry moved to FWD for the "1st gen" as most ppl know it.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my uncle has/had one of these last time i saw him had it for years now
i thikn its kinda odd looking back and seeing camry written on it instead of corolla Confused
i _think_ they were twincam as well
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats my point, i though "it just don't look right with that badging" and i wasn't sure if it had the a or not sorry i will fix the top thread, i could have just gone downstairs and read the back of my mums car, but thats downstairs Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Thu, 20 October 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, I remember them. There's a few of them kicking around Adelaide. It's not the prettiest car, but it's certainly better looking than any subsequent Camry.

seeyuzz
river
DCtrd
Regular

July 2004

Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Thu, 20 October 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was borrowing my friend's 5 door hatch camry earlier this year while my car was getting fixed, 2s engine, pretty gutless. fairly common here also
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Thu, 20 October 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 19:44

celica 4 door = camry

Incorrect. The 4-door version of the RWD Celica was the Carina.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Thu, 20 October 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://pic.autoscout24.de/images/9/6/2/16392269_1.jpg

camry

there was a pic up here of the celica 4 door camry... but i couldtn find it
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camary? Fri, 21 October 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terra wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 19:44

celica 4 door = camry
celica hatch/liftback(?) = supra

*A6* Celica models:
Inline 4, 4 dood sedan = Carina (I think they're a 4 cyl anyway)
Inline 4, 2 door liftback = RA60/SA63/RA65 Celica
Inline 6, 2 door liftback = MA61 Celica Supra

The Celica also came in a coupe (ie, 2 door with boot rather than hatch) which was damned ugly. I dunno if the Celica Supra came like that too.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2005 00:35]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 20:05

Hi,

Yeah, I remember them. There's a few of them kicking around Adelaide. It's not the prettiest car, but it's certainly better looking than any subsequent Camry.

seeyuzz
river

There's one kicking around adelaide I saw at the first "toymods" cruise a few years ago - it had a bodykit, spoiler, tin-can exhaust and some personalised plates. Still looked shit. Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these are fwd also ARGH
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 11:00

these are fwd also ARGH

Theres a couple kicking round my area first time i saw one i thought it was a renault 19 or something then saw the camry badge, pretty damn ugly cars.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw one of those camrys with factory electric heated seats among other things.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 13:09

I saw one of those camrys with factory electric heated seats among other things.

Lol speaking of which to corona has all the facilites for it too. Fuse box behind the passenger side kick panel (aircon etc), has a spare ciruit labelled heated seats.
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the original import camry its so funny it has a dent in the door and bonnet and rust in the boot its a classic but its only for betting around in as the motor was replaced for a 1.8 ltr that was a bit quicker and ran unleaded aswell.
but it has all the features like electric windows, electric sunroof and air conditioning and electric mirrors and power steering lol not bad for like 1984\85.
but if anyone wants it im selling it now as my mum wants a convertable and has to drive a bit and doesnt like driving the old car as she never really needed it and now she needs a car more.
it has IRS and brand new brakes and suspension as well as the motor was swapped to the better 1.8 about 6 months ago when it hit the 190000km mark.
cheers
matt
Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.velocitycarclub.com/Images/Brett%20Camry%20-%201.jpg

www.velocitycarclub.com
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that pic reminds me of a cordia.

pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

it had a bodykit, spoiler, tin-can exhaust and some personalised plates. Still looked shit

Ahahahahahaha!!!
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

its a classic

Quote:

it has all the features like electric windows, electric sunroof and air conditioning and electric mirrors and power steering
it has IRS and brand new brakes and suspension

Quote:

if anyone wants it im selling it now

Ahahahahahahahah!!!

terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just saw one today in elizabeth, sa- silver with a small cannon, sounded crap Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica coupes shit all over the hatches, the ra40 hatch is THE ugliest car toyota have EVER produced, but the coupe model is fucking hot.

ta22's, ta23's etc > ra28.

Eldar.O.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drop top MA6x

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/1117/toyotasupra485mo.jpg

I'll post a pick of my RA60 coupe when image shack wants to work
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Fri, 21 October 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goddamn that looks half alright eh!

it screams 80s though....
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sat, 22 October 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here we go, a different take on the ol RA60

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/760/hotcopy7qi.jpg
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sun, 23 October 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
customSA63 got any pics? if anyone can find picks on the old HATCHBACK version post them up....
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sun, 23 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 22 October 2005 01:38

celica coupes shit all over the hatches, the ra40 hatch is THE ugliest car toyota have EVER produced, but the coupe model is fucking hot.

ta22's, ta23's etc > ra28.

Eldar.O.

i tend to agree. i like my RA40 coupes Cool (owned 4 of them now)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sun, 23 October 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the RA40 is the only one where the coupe is hotter than the hatch. RA6x, ST18x are both HELLER ugly
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sun, 23 October 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another cool thing to note about the RA40's is that the coupe is a good 100kg lighter than the hatchbak. i found this out when the engineer was certifying the 1g. i was looking in his book and noticed the kerb mass of the coupe is 1050kg and the hatch is like 1150kg. i thought that was cool Smile

IMHO , the hatchbak RA40 is like a half strung out wagon. WTF were the designers thinking back then Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anyone got a real old camry? Sun, 23 October 2005 06:29 Go to previous message
Hi,

brett_celicacoupe wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 14:58

WTF were the designers thinking back then Razz

That's exactly what I thought (and still do) whenever I see an RA4X/RA6X Celica - especially compared to the models that came before.

Well, at least they're RWD. Razz

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What's it worth?? Full Motec Computer System.
Next Topic:cressy quality?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:59:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060300827026367 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.