Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kiril
Occasional Poster

January 2005
my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 07:34 Go to next message
hey guys i got a ae82 corolla and it chews to much petrol wat do i need to change in it for it to be fuel efficent i was thinkin spark plugs 02 sensor fuel filter is there any thing else i could change aswel it eats as much petrol as my friends vl commodore
  Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop romping your right foot to the floor. Laughing

tune?
kiril
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i dnt thrash it i change gears at like 4 thousand revs wen its warmed up wen its called i change at like 2 and a half so u think i should get a tune up aswel
kiril
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it also spits petrol out the exhaust it spits somethin out of it it is runnin rich
avieec
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NGK iridium sparkies
k&n filter
cold air induction
exhaust.

give it a carbie clean and put some injector cleaner thru the fuel system. i got around 60kms extra out of a tank from doing those things to my car (88 7mge supra) so id guesstuimate that you would get at least 80kms extra
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Sun, 23 October 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine have you got? How many km's are you getting out of a tank? And what does the car idle at (cold and warm)?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 24 October 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea same, i need to fix mine up, need a good service Smile
CAMEL
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 24 October 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much fuel?

My mini (avatar mini) 100% stock 1100cc uses 20mpg Shocked Mad Mad Mad
About 125 miles per tank.
silly thing

BUT
i got it 'fixed' and now it get up over 30mpg, sometimes approaching 40mpg, so all is better now

But it was such a shocker

all you need is a good tune up Wink possibly
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Tue, 25 October 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiril wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 17:50

nah i dnt thrash it i change gears at like 4 thousand revs wen its warmed up wen its called i change at like 2 and a half so u think i should get a tune up aswel

4k when it's warm and 2.5k when it's cold?

I don't have an rpm tacho but in the manual it tells you the suggested speeds to change to the next gear by Toyota so if I did have a tacho I'm pretty sure I'd be changing at around 2.5k and thats when it's warmed up.

I have to have my foot to the floor going up hill and its a SOHC carby so nowhere near as efficient as a DOHC but I still get over 100kms easy from 10 bux =]

You are changing too high my friend.
YR22RG_TaragoRV
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Wed, 26 October 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carby cleaner, tune up and service and remember your right foot hinges at the ankle... if you can't then measure how far you have to depress the accelerator to achieve 2500RPM then shove a block of wood between there and the floor!

For the record my Tarago has a 50L tank and I get between 380 - 450km out of it depending on %age of city/hwy and how much WOT I use, but I average 12L/100km and that's a 4Y-EC 2.2L injected motor hauling a big-ass Tarago (not just weight but surface area too!)...

If I'm needing lots of acceleration it goes to 4000RPM but generally the tach stays btw 1500 - 3000RPM.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Fri, 28 October 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 13:58

kiril wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 17:50

4k when it's warm and 2.5k when it's cold?

I don't have an rpm tacho but in the manual it tells you the suggested speeds to change to the next gear by Toyota so if I did have a tacho I'm pretty sure I'd be changing at around 2.5k and thats when it's warmed up.

I have to have my foot to the floor going up hill and its a SOHC carby so nowhere near as efficient as a DOHC but I still get over 100kms easy from 10 bux =]

You are changing too high my friend.

Wha?

The 4K-C 1.3L I used to run in the KE70, I'd change gears at 5500-6000RPM when warm all the time and would get around 400km from 40L. I can't imagine a 4A-C to be much different... Except a 4A-C Carby is extremely restrictive towards airflow, I suggest chopping some holes in your airbox and your fuel/air ratio should even out a bit more... Therefore it would stop pumping fuel and still have the power.

Also as others have said, get the thing tuned...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Fri, 28 October 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use to hammer my old 4kc to and from work (30min drive) $3 petrol to and from... 1 week i would spend like $10 Rolling Eyes well use to Sad
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Fri, 28 October 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol yeah 4k-c's own all other motors on fuel economy. You can full floor the thing and use less than most other motors with the same amount of power even when they are only driving sedately.

Razz
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Fri, 28 October 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4k's are weird.
They get the exact same economy whether you thrash them or grandma them. 10/100
Mine used to be thrashed to hell Smile
Strangely, my 4agze seems the same with about 3x the power
YR22RG_TaragoRV
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 31 October 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 16:25

The 4K-C 1.3L I used to run in the KE70, I'd change gears at 5500-6000RPM when warm all the time and would get around 400km from 40L.

I doubt any 4KC would be able to achieve 5500RPM+ in gear even when new! I had an XX KE70 manual sedan with tacho and it would be very unhappy above 4500RPM.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 31 October 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i rev its to 6000 no probs (sounded overworked being pushrod and all Rolling Eyes )
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 31 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dare say my sister would of taken her 4kc above 5krpm a couple of times, don't know though as it didn't have a tacho but it was damn loud. I can't see how a little 1.3L 4 cylinder couldn't reach it easily, i mean my 2.4L 4 cylinder hits 5krpm fine and can be stretched to the 5.8rpm redline if you wanted to be a tool (its faster in the next gear anyway) and doesn't help the glug glug 15L per 100km fuel consumption.
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Mon, 31 October 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YR22RG_TaragoRV wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 12:41

The 4K-C 1.3L I used to run in the KE70, I'd change gears at 5500-6000RPM when warm all the time and would get around 400km from 40L.

I doubt any 4KC would be able to achieve 5500RPM+ in gear even when new! I had an XX KE70 manual sedan with tacho and it would be very unhappy above 4500RPM.

Heheh, my 4K-C can hit 6,200rpm no worries... anymore than that and it begins to valve bounce. Insanely tough motor, its taken a crapload of thrashing. I hope the 4A-GE's are just as tough.

Even with that I get around 400kms+ off a full tank on PULP.
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Tue, 01 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YR22RG_TaragoRV wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 12:41

Pfft mine used to top 7500 rpm. Massive amounts of valve float, but there's no other way to GET a 4 speed ke30 to 180kph down a hill. I drove those things into the ground so rediculously hard. Basically when driving hard, I used the valve bounce as a shift light meaning basically every shift was above 7000rpm.
In about ... 4 or 5 of em, a total of probably 80,000km I blew 6 gearboxes, 2 diffs, spun 1 bearing and countless head gaskets. fun Smile
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: my rolla chews to much petrol Tue, 01 November 2005 10:15 Go to previous message
back to the point

clean your throttle body
new spark plugs
new (standard) air filter
replace your FUEL filter
check & adjust timing
make sure radiator isnt blocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W55 G/box HSG to suit 4AGZE
Next Topic:WTF BBQ TA 22
Goto Forum: