Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Tue, 20 September 2005 10:51 Go to next message
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9796/img48389rq.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8817/highshot3kg.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6733/frontside9oo.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6157/front3gm.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9646/image7352ro.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7820/image7372pb.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7161/image7365rt.jpg

OWNER
Mitch Wright

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL
1977 RA28 Toyota Celica

MECHANICS
18RG
2.0L Twin Cam
Twin Solex Carbs
Extractors
2 inch Exhaust system bit of a cannon
K&N Oil Breather
New T series Diff 4:3:1
Disc Brakes Front And Rear (Cross Drilled Brakes in Front)

BODYWORK
Ford Orange
Bonnet Flutes cut out and put in the panels behind front wheels

INTERIOR
New black leather upholstery on seats and door trims
New Carpet
New Roof Lining
Momo Steering wheel
Vdo oil pressure gauge

EXTRAS
Redback alarm and immobilser
Keyless Entry
Clear Indicator lenses
Sanyo Cd player
6inch pioneer speakers in front
6x9 Kenwood Speakers in rear
800 Watt Sony Sub in box
1200 watt Boss 4 Channel amp

WHEELS/TYRES
14 inch dragways
Rear 225/60/R14 Bridgestone SF 340 Eager
Front 195/65/R14 P6000 Pirelli

[Updated on: Sun, 23 October 2005 07:49]

Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 20 September 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gota say your a lucky man!

i like the flutes on the side looks cool
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 20 September 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate...

i love the flutes to i cant imagine it without them now.... Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 20 September 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Nice car man. Wheels look nice, and best of all you got a good old carby version of the mighty 18RG - none of this poofy EFI stuff!

Gonna take her to Toyfest?

seeyuzz
river
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 20 September 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked that looks very nice, love those wheels!!

And that interior is so awesome...well done Very Happy
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Wed, 21 September 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hi,

Nice car man. Wheels look nice, and best of all you got a good old carby version of the mighty 18RG - none of this poofy EFI stuff!

Gonna take her to Toyfest?

seeyuzz
river

thanks river i agree EFI sucks long ones.....

she will be at toyfest... Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2005 07:15]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Wed, 21 September 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good mitch, congrats with buy. Smile
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Wed, 21 September 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its sooo damn hard to find an ra28 for sale like that these days....

Lovely interior in those cars, looks very nicely layed out...
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Wed, 21 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks great mate!...

The ride height looks perfect! especially at the back...
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 22 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, the car looks awesome.
you should've put the flutes on the sides AND the bonnet. i reckon that'd look sick.
did you buy the car with the leather interior? if not roughly how much did it set you back?
ace
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 22 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
high_card_ace - there r flutes on both the bonnet and side and yes it does look sick Very Happy
i didnt do the interior it was done a month or so before i bought it i wouldnt know how much it will cost to do...

thanks for the comments guys...

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Fri, 23 September 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice purchase.

Looks the goods from the photos, Be good to see it in the flesh
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Fri, 23 September 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks lambolica

if u want to see her in the flesh she will be at toyfest....
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Mon, 26 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got new rear tyres the other day..

ive never had top tyres on any of my cars before and u can tell the difference Very Happy ...in the wet its so much safer...i got 225/60/R14 Bridgestone SF 340 Eagers $185 a each
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
early this morning my car alarm went off...3:30am it was pissing down with rain pretty hard and it took me like 20mins to turn the fucker off i was soaked....

i think the rain may have set it off but im not sure if it is that sensitive so i started to think about the cases of stolen cars etc in my area lately so im not so sure now...i think someone maybe sussing it out n they might continue to set it off untill i get the shits and unplug my alarm...
Smurtman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny you should mention that it was raining and your alarm going off cause my mate that also lives in engadine got his vs senator stolen when it was heavily raining a few months ago. At least by the sounds of it u have a alarm which takes a while 2 disable. BTW hopefully get my supra back 2morrow so might make it 2 toymods car show 2 see ya car in the flesh.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish i didnt hear that.....i think the reason why i couldnt disarm it was cause it was 330am i was pretty much still asleep and i pushed the wrong buttons n a weird combination...(after reading the manual i found out some combinations make it do different things)

im goin to make sure a car is parked behind it everynight..

i also have a way of shutting the car down completely no one will be able to figure out why it wont start....
omegaman
Regular

August 2003
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Car, the Old style dragways are nice.
I'vr got to ask you about theside door mirrors, are they bolted on the actual door itself or are they placed like the new style over the window?????. If you know what i mean. Will be nice to see it in the flesh on sunday.
I have efi on my ra28, purely for reliability. Embarassed
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the mirrors are mounted onto the top of the door area but some brackets were made at the bonnet end of the window (the bottom corner of the window)

in better light ill be able to take photos if u really want...but thats the best i can describe it atm...

CARBS RULE!

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man congrats on a great ride. Unlike everyone else im not a huge fan of the rims but its a great car to start with,looking forward to checking it out at the meet.. Wink
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Thu, 29 September 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i ever to get new rims ill be goin with konig rewinds but im not in a rush to get them i dont mind the dragways...

anyone who will be at toyfest come up and say hi ill be the sexy dude with the glasses..... Cool
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Sat, 01 October 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there should be a special addition to the ra28 in a couple of weeks... Wink
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Sat, 01 October 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonna give us any hints?
whats this special security method u got? i got the idea that you can take the little sparker thingo out of under the distributor cap...(if that makes sense) then the car wont start.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Sat, 01 October 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ordered some number plates... RA-28-00... Very Happy

i cant tell u the security method cause then it wouldnt be much use if someone wanted to nick my car now would it?....
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Mon, 03 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some pix from toyfest yesterday....

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8307/img48412ta.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2154/img48423js.jpg
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go my thread... Its better...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=81453&start=0&rid=2929&S=9bdbf8a14d2 395ffb52979a9ca509299

BAHAHAHAHA SUFFER!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitches car is actually really nice... leather trim is fucking splendid... the 18RG goes at least 2.6 times faster than I thought it would...

I'd say it turns just as many heads as mine... except the wrong gender BAHAHAHAHAHA SUFFER x2 !!!!!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Tue, 04 October 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Mon, 10 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got teh plates today!!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1360/image7724ax.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4610/image7712qa.jpg
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Mon, 10 October 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to say thats one horn looking car mate ad them plates tip the car off Surprised
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Sun, 16 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the plates look good...

i only paid $64 including ordering fee...on the rta site it says $90per year+ one of $30 ordering fee...they must cut the yearly price according to the amount of rego left on the vechile..
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 Sun, 16 October 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vrooom Vroooom!!

Fast car... Must attract the guys...

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v339/zen--/Fag_jpg.jpg

BAHAHAHA this joke will never get old...

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Sun, 23 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last night between the hours of 2am and 730am my car was vandalized..i only noticed it today at the megacruise at about 11 o clock...it looks like some cunt has walked passed my house and smacked it with a stick..its dented and the paint is cracked...u cant really see the dent in the pix tho....

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2131/image7844uh.jpg

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/5168/image7854yv.jpg
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Sun, 23 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your kidding! the horrible thing is that they wont be cought therefor we cant smack the fuck of them. People that are jelous and have no respect for somones well earned cars need to be shot.

sorry to hear dude Sad
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Sun, 23 October 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is some fucked up shit, i hope you find them and kill them mitch. Mad Mad Mad
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Tue, 25 October 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dropped the 28 off to the carby tuner today..he said they need rebuilding and soft mounts..the reason why they r stuff is because some silly person prior to me owning the car had used some type of elastic insted of soft mounts...parts of the elastic have been eaten away and trouble was caused...

i should have her back by thursday latest...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Fri, 28 October 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got her back today..and yes u were right...runs sooo smooth it seems like a new engine im very happy...he had to put new studs in as the threads were torn and smaller jets...from 175 to 160.....all up $701.80

well worth it i reakon...plus ill make the money back eventually on the petrol ill save
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Fri, 28 October 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,i saw your car parked today over near taren pt,is that where you got it done and would you recomend the place? Im thinking of gettig my mrs 2T with webber tuned and hopefully the rev spiking problem fixed.

Look heaps better in real life than in the pics mate so i had to throw another stick at it Very Happy Razz
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Fri, 28 October 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha god damn u and ur sticks...

yeh id go there again for sure..so yeh id recomend him..

where abouts do u live? wat were u doin taren point way?

when u go he will be surprised he has had 2 70s celicas there in such short time..haha tell him i recomended u
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Fri, 28 October 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha

Cool ill head over in the next couple of weeks.

I had to get a check up from the doctor after my penile reduction surgery, all is well and my back is heaps better after not having to carry sooo much weight Very Happy

Naa i had to drop off some rattle guns to an airtool customer just across the way.

Can you give me his number so i can book it in.

thanks mate!!
dukes
Regular

October 2005
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Fri, 28 October 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man..
sorry i didnt get a chance to say high at palmy the other day..
was looking at your car and asking if anyone knew who owned it.. oh well
it looks nice.. , did you put in the rg?? and do the side flutes??
its funny i have damage on the drivers side rear too behind the fuel cap.. Laughing
anyway another time..
cheers Cool
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Magicmitch's New 18RG RA28 (vandalized pix) Sat, 29 October 2005 01:36 Go to previous message
riceburna- i feel ur pain when i got my reduction i wasnt walking very well for a number of weeks after..i just couldnt get the balance right..

The place is called A1 Automotive number is 95226364

let me know how u get along with it all

Dukes- sorry i missed u on the cruise..i saw ur car and was very surprised how it has come up..its looking good..but can i ask wats the deal with ur dash mat and the "broome holder" sign on the back? ahha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agte's Aus Spec aw11 "4agte" project ** with new pics **
Next Topic:Dave's AE92 SX... updated...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:25:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070059299468994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.