Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Sun, 23 October 2005 10:47 Go to next message
i have a 1985 import supra mk1 i was just wondering where the 105 km/h speed alert is and how do i take it out

cheers ryan
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Sun, 23 October 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a little metal box about the size of two matchboxes.. usually mounted on the back of the guage cluster.. dismantle the dash get the cluster.. find the box unhook it and toss it Smile
celsup85
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Sun, 23 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Mon, 24 October 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have the little 'speed' light too?
You'll have to dismantle the dash to remove that one.
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Mon, 24 October 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,
Don't forget the little brass contacts that close (very high tech method of operating the ding dong alarm!!). If you don't remove these the speedo will 'stick' a little at 105kph. Minor thing though.
Cheers, Nick
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Mon, 24 October 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celsup85 wrote on Sun, 23 October 2005 20:47

i have a 1985 import supra mk1 i was just wondering where the 105 km/h speed alert is and how do i take it out

cheers ryan

i guess you meen MA63? or MA70?
TE35
Regular

May 2003
Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Tue, 25 October 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong... Why disconnect it? Both my cars have it - I love it! Maybe you should offer to swap your cluster and chime with someone who will appreciate the 80s cool in their supra...
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 105km/h speed alert where is it and how do i remove it Sun, 06 November 2005 02:07 Go to previous message
Hrmmm im going to try to disconnect mine ding dong today Laughing

from my GZ20 soarer, Big Rob has told me to take the dash apart Via the section under the wheel ,although the box it behind the "mirror" of my digi dash ,

anyone know if is possable to just take the mirror section out ? or go in via the top of the dash ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 wierd noise
Next Topic:Turns out that MA6x RCAs don't fit RA6x.... but might AE86 RCAs?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 14:34:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057790279388428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.